Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Off-topic i know but must have seen that Quest Means Business ad on CNN International about 1000 times over the last few days. Most annoying ad ever!! :mad:

"What a profitable day!" :D

This this one hundred times THIS, I can't count how many times I've gone past the TV on low set to CNN only to get startled by Richard bloody Quest LEAPING across the screen in variously oddly deserted urban settings, with the kind of grin you'd expect from a used car salesman.

Judge a country by its ads and you'd have to conclude the US is screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Thoughts and prayers for Melania lads.
    Can you imagine the s*** she has to listen to at the moment

My sympathy for Melania has dwindled significantly over the last year. She hasn't done much but what few utterances she's made indicate she fits in perfectly well in the Trump book. And when she eventually releases a book and comes looking for sympathy I won't have much for her either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,749 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

This this one hundred times THIS, I can't count how many times I've gone past the TV on low set to CNN only to get startled by Richard bloody Quest LEAPING across the screen in variously oddly deserted urban settings, with the kind of grin you'd expect from a used car salesman.

Judge a country by its ads and you'd have to conclude the US is screwed.

I was sad to see how many shows I like sell you crap over there. The Simpsons are selling anything going but even shows that are more niche like Community or Rick and Morty are selling you cars and suppositories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Georgia here we go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I used to be such a fan of James Woods too, truly disappointed with some of the crap I've seen come out of him these last few years.

Some of his stuff is real crazy. Yeah, was a big fan too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

briany wrote: »
    How many votes in total have been cast in the US 2020 presidential election? It's safe to say that Joe Biden has broken the record of votes for any candidate, but isn't it also looking likely that Donald Trump could garner the most for a Republican candidate and the second most overall?.

You'll certainly hear Trump squawk that he would have beaten Obama in 2012 with that tally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Thoughts and prayers for Melania lads.
    Can you imagine the s*** she has to listen to at the moment

She chose this life. She's complicit in his lies and filth. I know we all make fun of her, but she turns my stomach just like the rest of that awful family.

I was sad to see how many shows I like sell you crap over there. The Simpsons are selling anything going but even shows that are more niche like Community or Rick and Morty are selling you cars and suppositories

I find the frequency of ads more concerning. Here, if you're watching a half hour show, you can expect one ad break; in the US its 2-4. Ever wondered why so many US shows go black randomly when screened over here? That's when the ads are supposed to come, because heaven forfend we go 5 minutes without seeing an ad for the new meal deal at Wendys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I like this Georgia official. He seems like he knows his stuff. He’s also giving info that are relevant towards transparency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

marno21 wrote: »
    The US version of CNN is almost as bad with the constant advertisements for prescription medication that we never see on this side of the Atlantic.

Most of Fox News US ads are for medical products too .
    Its a very strange scenario .
    Both demographics must be elderly unhealthy people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I like this Georgia official. He seems like he knows his stuff. He’s also giving info that are relevant towards transparency.

I missed some of it, is he saying there are approx. 47/49k votes left? Biden is still down by about 13k votes. He was down by 18k when there was 60k left, if I remember correctly. If that rate continues (big if) then he should overtake Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Summary of CNN take on GA
    12,835 diff.

47,000 votes to be counted - all mail-in votes.

Chatham - 17,000 votes remaining. Biden at 58%
    Fulton - 7,000 votes remaining. Biden at 73%
    Cobb - 700 votes remaining. Biden at 56%
    Gwenette - 4,800 votes remaining. Biden at 59%
    Forsyth - No figure given by CNN. Biden at 32%
    Clayton - 6,000 votes remaining. Biden at 85%

Biden needs 63-65%
    Trump needs 34-36%

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

12,835 diff.

Biden needs 63-65%
    Trump needs 34-36%
    Quick math using the percentages would put Biden failing by 629 votes (he gains 12206 on Trump vs. being down 12835) and that's before Forsyth is taken into account; will be a recount either way I'm guessing.

12,835 diff.

Biden needs 63-65%
    Trump needs 34-36%

Doing those numbers, Biden gets 25.2k votes.

To overturn a Trump lead he needs 29.9k votes.

Looks like a case of close but no cigar - but then the vote totals we have only add up to 35.5k.
    So that brings us back to square one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Nody wrote: »
    Quick math using the percentages would put Biden failing by 629 votes and that's before Forsyth is taken into account; will be a recount either way I'm guessing.

Biden is beating those figures as those tabs include the voting on the day. The absentee ballot are running much higher for Biden. Was doubting it earlier but now think he'll pass Trump before they run out of votes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Looks like a case of close but no cigar - but then the vote totals we have only add up to 35.5k.

Not necessarily. Remember that Biden generally benefits from mail-ins more than regular ballots. Not a sure thing by any means but following the trends is likely not accurate.

Quick math using the percentages would put Biden failing by 629 votes (he gains 12206 on Trump vs. being down 12835) and that's before Forsyth is taken into account; will be a recount either way I'm guessing.

Looks like a case of close but no cigar.

I wouldn't be taking the figures from the percentages I have given though because they are mail in ballots. These have shown to skew heavily towards Biden all over the country, and in the more urban area (where the majority of vites are left) Biden is doing near 90%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They pay and pay well for media time. The USA is so unhealthy and anything related to same costs so much everyone is a winner except for the consumer. Unless they have shares of course!

CNN was putting Biden need in 65% I think but he's surpassing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No, as you're forgetting it's postal votes they're counting and he's beating Trump 4-1 on postal votes.

I think Biden is going to do it in GA (and PA, AZ & NE).

• Advertisement

Forsyth have about 123,000 votes counted and 95% done.
    That leaves about 6,000 votes left there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

marno21 wrote: »
    I can't imagine it's any different to the **** she's had to listen to for the last 15 years.

I'd say this is the first time she saw him finish second....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Ads for schizophrenia medication where a woman is talking to her friend about her mental health problems. The friend recommends some medication. The woman listens to the friend and buys the medication. The friend disappears. The friend was just a voice in her head.

Same ad, every break the other night on some us news channel. Bizzare

murpho999 wrote: »
    No, as you're forgetting it's postal votes they're counting and he's beating Trump 4-1 on postal votes.

I think Biden is going to do it in GA (and PA, AZ & NE).

I hope but I am expecting to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Next set of counts from Arizona and Nevada may edge towards Trump the remaining are going to favor Biden from Dem leaning areas

https://twitter.com/NiallStanage/status/1324386820008906752

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's just ads in general in America, particularly daytime ads, across the networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

very tight - could go either way - think aPennysalvia will decide, if Biden wins here will send out a message , same as Georgia, rather than if he scrapes home in Nevada.

Just winning the 270 by one close state is not ideal. Best if Biden wins the four races, then Trump cannot launch multiple cases in various states with any credibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

This, in Texas, pretty much sums up what happened nationwide in this election:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1324407942192472064

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I hope but I am expecting to be disappointed.

No, that's what those percentages are. Results of normal votes.

Postal ballots will be different.

Either way it won't matter as he's going to win PA and that will be enough.

Advertisement