Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Illium

Just boards and electoral-vote.com. There's only about 10 states in play and half of them are barely in play. I'll probably watch Fox News on the TV for the craic, though their election night coverage tends to be pretty balanced.

Is fox news still available to watch in Ireland?

Need a break from CNN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

listermint wrote: »
    So folks like outlaw would latch on to it and share it around the place swallowing it like Gatorade . Truth be dammed.

What's with the hostility? I said it was most likely a wind up. Time will tell.

Florida seems in the bag for Trump anyway if what DeSantis says is even close to true:

Illium wrote: »
    Is fox news still available to watch in Ireland?

Need a break from CNN.

Balls, I assumed I had it on Freesat but it looks like I don't. CNN it is then I guess.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The President sounding very confident earlier.
    Trump sounding borderline depressed on sky news just now

The fight has gone out of him
    Trump was one step away from conceding earlier.

Has he seen some intel that shows there’s no hope
    Stories now that melania voted for Biden
    Water John wrote: »
    Even adderall can't keep bunny going all the time.
    Plus steroid withdrawal. Physical and psychological sh1tshow.
    Foxtrol wrote: »
    He was doing multiple events a and dancing at all of them.

If he is suddenly so knackered now on a quiet day it points to him suddenly be taken off whatever 'boosters' he was on to keep him going.

##Mod Note##

One and only warning on this.

Cut out this kind of stuff.

24/48hr Bans will be standard issue from now.

Stick to the topic and keep the Standards up.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Presumably this would be a blue part of the state?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Yeah it's Miami so it's a democratic area. Biden should get about 60-65% there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,825 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Democrats and independents (NPA) well outsize Republican registered voters

https://www.miamidade.gov/elections/library/reports/voter-registration-statistics-cumulative.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

briany wrote: »
    If it's a 269/269 tie, does the Electoral College vote still happen or does it go straight to a Congressional vote? Because if the EC vote still happens, then wouldn't there be a huge thing made out of potential faithless electors breaking ranks and thereby breaking the tie?

Yes the E.C. would have to meet as dictated by the U.S. constitution. The public vote as we now know it isn't even a requirement under the constitution.
    Also under Clause 2, the manner for choosing electors is determined by each state legislature, not directly by the federal government. Many state legislatures previously selected their electors directly, but over time all switched to using the popular vote to choose electors.

As for the faithless electors...it's complicated. This article explains it fairly thoroughly. I thought that that supreme court decision this summer meant it was no longer possible but it seems like that might not be the case after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Balls, I assumed I had it on Freesat but it looks like I don't. CNN it is then I guess.

You can locate it on Internet.. a live stream.. (a min behind TV) but if you can stand watching fox for more than a min your doing well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Yeah it's Miami so it's a democratic area. Biden should get about 60-65% there.

Cheers. Just looked up 2016 results and Hillary got about that there. Looking at the 2016 maps Florida really is a microcosm of the US with urban areas blue and the less sparsely populated areas red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A general rule for Florida is the further south you go the more strongly blue it goes. If you’ve ever seen a map of Florida with the red and blue filled in, there’s the cities which are democratic strongholds and then the south east part of Florida is blue all the way down.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I obviously have not been tracking Maine. Good for them.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/03/politics/maine-ranked-choice-voting/index.html

Will be very interesting to see first round figures.

Also, the senate and house races are happening also with a few governors races mixed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Didn't realise that Indiana & Kentucky are straddling two time-zones so parts of those states will actually have their polls closing at 11pm our time. Not that anything competitive is happening in either of them but good to get the ball rolling.

Judging by the sources that you post here you're subsisting on a diet of pure MAGA.

I'm not saying that Trump isn't going to win Florida, just that perhaps you should try and move away from the rabidly pro-Trump media universe. It won't give you a balanced and objective view of things.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Well that one is....

1st - It's the Gateway Pundit

2nd - It's an article they've written based on a tweet from a randomer

3rd - The tweet says - "Trumps going to win big , but Miami and Sarasota data isn't included here , but they won't have much of an impact"

So yeah.. That's just not a real thing.

Florida will be close and lots of things can and will happen during the day - But that article is utter guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

nate silver having doubts now..

It seems that the trump campaign are worried about Pennsylvania because the Trump team weren’t as prepared as they should have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Didn't realise that Indiana & Kentucky are straddling two time-zones so parts of those states will actually have their polls closing at 11pm our time. Not that anything competitive is happening in either of them but good to get the ball rolling.

Trump won Indiana by 20%, so any narrowing would be instructive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Hardly seems so?

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1323716736257003528

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I obviously have not been tracking Maine. Good for them.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/03/politics/maine-ranked-choice-voting/index.html

Will be very interesting to see first round figures.

Pretty the system we use here in Ireland then yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭embraer170

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Sonny678

How can I get CNN in Ireland I cannot get it on free channel . Is there any other way of getting CNN. To have it over the next few months would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Sonny678 wrote: »
    How can I get CNN in Ireland I cannot get it on free channel . Is there any other way of getting CNN. To have it over the next few months would be great.

Check YouTube, most news sites have free streams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What are some good twitter accounts to follow for informative takes on the results later on? I saw Nate Silver being mentioned above. Any others?

Shame there doesn't seem to be any 3rd party candidates in the Maine House races (beyond some write-in independents in one district) to take advantage of their new voting system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sonny678 wrote: »

CNN is free on satellite.

• Advertisement

What are some good twitter accounts to follow for informative takes on the results later on? I saw Nate Silver being mentioned above. Any others?

Dave Wasserman, Nate Coen, Harry Enten

Advertisement