Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,292 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

"total war" - that's an invitation for people to take up arms.

Yep, I'm sure twitter will be deleting that when they see it .

Good points.
    And regarding the bit in bold it's been speculated that Trump will spend the remaining few months in office doing his best to leave the country (even moreso) in tatters, which the help of Mitch. And then of course, without the Senate, Biden will be a bit of a lame duck with regards to economic recovery.
    Yeah the next couple of months is going to be looong for hundreds of thousands if not millions of people who've had a few months with no income.
    I do agree that the Rep candidate in 2024 will have a very good chance of winning, but I'm not convinced that Trump would have won had covid not come along. It's a handy excuse for his supporters though, because obviously no one can say for certain what would have happened.
    I think it's accurate though. When you look at the margins in the close states I find it hard to believe that Covid wasn't what flipped them. Would've been some craic if the polls had Biden 4 points up in all and Trump won them with the same margin. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,631 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The same nonsense was tried in Pittsburgh last night, Giuliani flinging around all sorts of wild allegations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Trump to speak at 11..

I think thats Junior, along with Doug Collins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"total war" - that's an invitation for people to take up arms.

Most of his supporters will have bone spurs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

murpho999 wrote: »
    Off to bed?

It's only night 3. No stamina.:D
    ****ed mate not able for these all nighters ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

TomOnBoard wrote: »

Ah!
    My mistake misread!

The war monger speaks instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

harr wrote: »
    Off to bed .. I am gone cross eyed looking at figures and listening to yanks all day. If I don’t go now something else will pop up to keep me chart watching way into the night ..again ..,

Anyway what’s the chances of joe having the 270 before I wake?

Georgia seems to be counting the remaining votes relatively quickly, and with Biden keeping pace with his target, could be finished within the next 4-5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

The narrative is clear I think and so is the strategy, I don't think it will work but I think it will cause absolute chaos and I'd not be surprised to see it cause a fair bit of violence and even death. Hopefully I am wrong on that but its very dangerous to stir people up like that and he clearly inflames their passions for whatever reason I don't want to insult them tonight.

I’ve been thinking this all day, they’re clearly trying to incite violence & unrest. It’s all part of the strategy to try and hold onto power & it might force election counts to be put on hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1324478272734986241?s=19

"Help me Amy Comey Barrett, you're my only hope"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TomOnBoard wrote: »

You mean Doug Collins who split the GOP in Georgia ? If you got these lads in a lucky bag you’d ask for another one.

And so it’s not the president it’s his son. I wasn’t going to watch even if it was the president but I’ve even less will to do it now. I’ll stay up until midnight and then it’s good night and good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

bennyl10 wrote: »

That looks like little Don, big Don has been sulking in his bedroom for 36 hours now with his Ipad and big mac meals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I’ve been thinking this all day, they’re clearly trying to incite violence & unrest. It’s all part of the strategy to try and hold onto power & it might force election counts to be put on hold.

A large swathe of these people genuinely believe the bull**** they are being fed and as such will feel righteous. This mixed with how much that country loves its guns is a very dangerous mix.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Thankfully it's not close enough and Biden has it won without provisional or late-arriving votes so the Courts can't turn it around for Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

everlast75 wrote: »

Just so blatant. I appointed you, time to pay up.

And of course legally illiterate, SC can't step in. Elections are a state matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So, they have just given up any pretence that its not quid pro quo with trump then?

He's nominated 3 of them to the court so they owe him?

Just said out loud, no problem, not even a shock really is it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Well that’s subtle. I’m joking obviously. I mean it shows why Justice comey Barret was rushed onto the court. Also he’s put three justices on, but there are six others including the Chief Justice who rightly or wrongly is thinking of the court he is head of legacy.

If it's true that in counties where there are say 6000 people, and they managed to vote 10,000 times for Biden then that is shady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,289 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If it's true that in counties where there are say 6000 people, and they managed to vote 10,000 times for Biden then that is shady.

It isn't true, though.

If its true and where’s the evidence that the trump campaign have ? A rumour isn’t something to bring before a court.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    It isn't true, though.

The Trumpees with their Math degrees are claiming that's what going on, that it's not even possible what is happening. That the turn out is abnormal and running close to 100% in places/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,234 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Desperate times...
    Not a hope.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    You mean Doug Collins who split the GOP in Georgia ? If you got these lads in a lucky bag you’d ask for another one.

And so it’s not the president it’s his son. I wasn’t going to watch even if it was the president but I’ve even less will to do it now. I’ll stay up until midnight and then it’s good night and good luck.

Yep! That's the Doug Collins, the one who queered the pitch for Loeffler, whom he has now backed for the January run-off. Mind you, in my view by standing against Loeffler, Collins did the State a favour...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,289 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Trumpees with their Math degrees are claiming that's what going on, that it's not even possible what is happening. That the turn out is abnormal and running close to 100% in places/

None of that makes it true.

Stop watching OANN or wherever you're getting the nonsense you've been posting (and having debunked) all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Trump speaking at 11:30. Just on CNN

Trump now due to speak at 11.30 pm Irish time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Pennsylvania gap down to 79,000

They need to provide proof. Proof isn’t something this administration is high on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

tobsey wrote: »
    Trump speaking at 11:30. Just on CNN

wonder will he be sending out a hotel rwanda style 'kill em all message',

my fellow americans eet is time to cut down dee tall trees.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Desperate times...
    Not a hope.

The thing is that they're doing it so brazenly... If politicians interfered like that in Ireland, they'd be destroyed!

Advertisement