Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Slattsy wrote: »
    Betting suspened. Will Trump concede?

Not a ****ing hope.

Btw, that would be the only reason to broadcast this presser imho.

4 years of pure BS. Most people have had enough of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

everlast75 wrote: »
    McConnell was first.

Then Rubio.

Now Haley.

https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1324464411419922432?s=19

Self preservation kicking in.

Don Jr rallying the troops. You'd imagine most Reps in strong Trump areas will be militant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

This will be a nasty nasty speech at 11.30.

he admiited on Monday he was a bad loser - this will be car crash stuff , the opposite of dignity - a bully/cheat moaning about cheating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

Important to remember the near 90,000 in Philly still haven't been added. At least 70,000 of those will go to Biden. This won't be close at all.

90k in Philly, 100k in Pittsburg, 30k in Montgomery, 40k in Buck, 20k in a lot more. Its not even going to be close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Summary: They're all thieves, crooms and liars... And they all hate me....

It's more that I'm worried how he will incite the lunatic fringe of his following.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This will be a nasty nasty speech at 11.30.

As opposed to the four years of uplifting and memorable speeches he’s given ? It’ll be a slightly more angry word salad.

thebaz wrote: »
    he admiited on Monday he was a bad loser - this will be car crash stuff , the opposite of dignity - a bully/cheat moaning about cheating

Bad loser is one thing. Inciting the kind of people who are trying to beat down doors at count centres is another...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

What about the rumours of people 130 years of age voting from the grave? Quite impressive if they have.
    One suggests people might be making fake news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,371 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Republicans have to tread a fine line. As judged by Trump's raw vote count is base is still formidable. He's certainly not going to be receding into the shadows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I think Trump is in Putin mode right now, drunk with power, thinking he can use the Putin playbook in the US. I hope to Baby Yoda he is in for a big shock.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    As opposed to the four years of uplifting and memorable speeches he’s given ? It’ll be a slightly more angry word salad.

I'm not ignoring that or deaf to it, but he's on the way out, he knows he can incite his following to do bad things... And if they truly believe that they're being robbed, it could escalate quite significantly.
    What about the rumours of people 130 years of age voting from the grave? Quite impressive if they have.

These have been thoroughly debunked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    But look, how could they be right when they're being braInwashed by people like Paula White who is Trump's so-called spiritual advisor.

This was from a streamed service she held last night to get him elected... I mean, What.The.Absolute.Fcuk?????

https://youtu.be/AUmMUmLYT1Y

Oh I know they are not right, I'm saying a large proportion of them genuinely believe in trump, they believe in the deep state conspiracies, they believe "they" are trying to steal this election and as such will feel that as good honest patriots they are honour bound to defend their country and their freedom.

In so many ways its tragic, and potentially very dangerous.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Things kicking off on CNN with Van Jones and Gloria Borger calling out Rick Santorum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Bad loser is one thing. Inciting the kind of people who are trying to beat down doors at count centres is another...

Why are we surprised.

'LIBERATE MICHIGAN'
    'LIBERATE WISCONSIN'
    'LIBERATE VIRGINIA'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This has the feel of an uncle that's had one too many drinks at a wedding demanding to go up and make a speech, with the rest of the family not being able to stop him. I wonder are there Republican Party strategists biting their fingernails right now.

Judging by his character, I'm expecting a tantrum that would make a parent of a toddler blush. 'Stop the steal', 'it's a disgrace', 'we will go to the Supreme Court' etc.

This is probably going to be one of the most undiginified moments in modern US electoral history. Hope he keeps it brief at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,371 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Someone explained the reason for that earlier: Apparently '1900/01/01' is commonly used as a default date of birth in cases where the dob is unknown in some systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭This is it

CNN is brilliant at the moment

This has the feel of an uncle that's had one too many drinks at a wedding demanding to go up and make a speech, with the rest of the family not being able to stop him. I wonder are there Republican Party strategists biting their fingernails right now.

Judging by his character, I'm expecting a tantrum that would make a parent of a toddler blush. 'Stop the steal', 'it's a disgrace', 'we will go to the Supreme Court' etc.

This is probably going to be one of the most undiginified moments in modern US electoral history. Hope he keeps it brief at least.

The longer it goes on the more memes we get...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,438 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Santorum is getting a new one ripped for him

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Trump hasn't tweeted in 6 hours. Or have they been deleted?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

Did you actually read what happened in that case or are you just blinding following garbage on twitter?
    For a start it was not 130 it was 118, a son accidently voted using his deceased fathers (same name) polling card and the vote was challenged and disallowed.
    So is the 1 (debunked) example out of 150 million votes the best propaganda you can come up with?

Edit: Sorry I may have missed your sarcasm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

This is it wrote: »

One of the most honest segment I've seen on TV this election..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

everlast75 wrote: »
    McConnell was first.

Then Rubio.

Now Haley.

https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1324464411419922432?s=19

Self preservation kicking in.

I don't read that as her distancing herself from him at all :confused:

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

Lead in PA now down to 75k. PA will have flipped blue by the time I wake up! ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Yeah watching it here. It’s very good.

I’m both dreading and dying to see what trump comes out with. I’m supposed to be in bed too. Like part of me really really hopes and prays he just concedes. The realist knows he could try to start a war....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Been brilliant all week I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

That's been debunked at least 5 times in this thread.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Been brilliant all week I thought.

Ah yeah it has but more entertaining now with a republican v democratic duking it out before Trump speaks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

l wonder will they stick with the broadcast if he goes totally crazy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,292 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Politics is shady as fck, anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. Many who voted for Trump can't find their vote in the system , so they claim.

Advertisement