Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I think this is more embarrassing than scary. How can his children let him be made a fool of like this? Someone needs to take him to one side and let him know he can't always get his way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Are ye seeing this speech.

It's surreal.

He's a mentaller.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

I think, in even 5 to 10 years, this particular period will rightly be viewed as the absolute low point of American history.

How a nation that was genuinely for most of the 20th century, the envy of the world, turned on itself and became largely a laughing stock with a clown leading the way will be studied in plenty of history and politics courses for years to come.

One good thing Trump did(for his own benefit): he brought to the surface and laid bare the division and naked racism that has always been present just about under the surface in the US.

I hope they can move forward from here and fave the many many problems in their nation but it's a long hard road.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Donald Trump is the kind of guy who if playing soccer, would decide when he's 2-1 up after 65 minutes that he's won and blow the final whistle because he is winning at that point.

He's rambling a hell of a lot though, his ego won't allow him to concede but he gives off the body language of someone who knows that he is.

It's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Car crash TV viewing. Trump totally embarrassing himself here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Meanwhile, Bannon's Twitter account has been suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Of course the mail in ballots were on sided because you spent literally months telling your supporters they were bad.

leath_dub wrote: »
    What is up with Trump's voice?

Sounds like he's been crying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,563 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My god there's going to be riots now

such irresponsibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

leath_dub wrote: »
    What is up with Trump's voice?

He's spent the last two days yelling at the telly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Yawn. Standard moanfest. A solid Q&A session might get the mask to slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I'm not ignoring that or deaf to it, but he's on the way out, he knows he can incite his following to do bad things... And if they truly believe that they're being robbed, it could escalate quite significantly.

These have been thoroughly debunked.
    I suspected as much. Had a trumpite friend ranting about it on Facebook. She Wouldn't be a great person for checking legitimacy of things before giving out About them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

This man needs to be muzzled, there is going to be carnage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He's a total embarrassment. We'll soon find out how many Republicans have a backbone to call out this shameful performance. Contrast this with the way George Bush Snr accepted things didn't go his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Oooof, hes calling states the most corrupt in history. That ain't going to sit well for this "tremendous" litigation he's citing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭This is it

Would be hilarious if it was found that the election was rigged after all this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

CNN's fact checker guy must be self-combusting right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,592 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I think he knows the jig is up, but he can't admit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

L1011 wrote: »
    Thrown out after one term, refused to concede when clearly defeated and whatever happens after it and you still believe history will be kind?

President of the United States for four years with an absolutely huge number of people backing him for a second term. Increased his vote with African Americans and ethnic minorities despite a four year media smear campaign and democrats prattling on and on and on erroneously and baselessly about Russian intervention.

People will still be talking about his presidency in a hundred years, he's an absolute American icon. Captures the zeitgeist in a way Biden never will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

To be honest this is a bit more sad than anything else... he sounds like he's saying things he intended to be passionate about, but just has nothing left.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Binoculars :D Get ****ed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Have CNN cut away?

Tell me they cut away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I wonder were they not allowed the polling station as they were intimidating, or in some cases packing a weapon.

There's no way he'd allow anyone near Trump Tower that he deemed dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

DSM-5 297.1 (F22)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭This is it

everlast75 wrote: »
    Have CNN cut away?

Tell me they cut away!

Nope, still on

This is utterly disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ian Dunt making a good point that right now this idiocy is the bit he's reading off a script. Imagine if he fields questions from the room...

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

The more he talks, the more I feel even he doesn't believe the nonsense he's spouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Surely this is 25th Amendment territory?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,666 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

President of the United States for four years with an absolutely huge number of people backing him for a second term. Increased his vote with African Americans and ethnic minorities despite a four year media smear campaign and democrats prattling on and on and on erroneously and baselessly about Russian intervention.

People will still be talking about his presidency in a hundred years, he's an absolute American icon. Captures the zeitgeist in a way Biden never will.

Just because he says it on the podium doesn't mean it's true.

Advertisement