Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

First exit polls will be released at 10pm Irish time on CNN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,077 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

kowloon wrote: »
    You'll see them supporting the likes of anti-mask protestors and on the antifa thread. The nearest thing they have to an actual political party is the National Party.

They might be a joke right now but not taking them seriously is a mistake.

I'm a trump supporter, certainly not an anti mask or anti vax and I DESPISE Justin Barret and the national party.

Illium wrote: »
    Is fox news still available to watch in Ireland?

Need a break from CNN.

Available online on youtube for live streams.
    MSM deleted it from Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭embraer170

CNN iPhone/iPad app is not working for me (showing a live stream from a few hours ago).

Can't find a CNN live stream on YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ELM327 wrote: »
    MSM deleted it from Sky

Newscorp decided to remove it as it wasn't making enough ad revenue to cover the costs of the EPG listing

The majority of niche news channels on Sky are funded by a foreign government - others have to make their money from ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'm a trump supporter, certainly not an anti mask or anti vax and I DESPISE Justin Barret and the national party.

Available online on youtube for live streams.
    MSM deleted it from Sky

Do you think Trump will be better for the US? The World? The planet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Sonny678

embraer170 wrote: »
    CNN iPhone/iPad app is not working for me (showing a live stream from a few hours ago).

I cannot find it eitheir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Seems odd, when no polls will have closed? Probably the ones about more general themes like the economy, Covid, etc, rather than party affiliation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,198 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Take them with a grain of salt they will skew towards republican due to majority of early voting being done by democrats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It's all you've got given the entire Dail is composed of dirty leftists by US standards.

Or maybe left and right are useful anymore and there's more nuance to it.

Do you think Trump will be better for the US? The World? The planet?
    Yes better for the US, Yes better for the world. Good to show a message that cancel culture is still not wanted.

The planet? Lol. I assume thats some greeny propaganda?

• Advertisement

embraer170 wrote: »

When you open the cnn iPhone app there’s a part that says watch now: CNN’s full coverage of Election Day. Dont click the watch tv thing in the top right corner. On the ipad it’s the first square on the left. And I’ve checked they do work.

kowloon wrote: »
    It's all you've got given the entire Dail is composed of dirty leftists by US standards.

Or maybe left and right are useful anymore and there's more nuance to it.

That is true , there is a vacuum for a good right wing party here but since the PDs we havent had one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,606 ✭✭✭✭Water John

With the Fl early voting stats being released at 12 midnight here. This can then be added to the possible ballot vote est IWT. But unless FL is a good bit one way or the other, we'll have to wait.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Take them with a grain of salt they will skew towards republican due to majority of early voting being done by democrats

I wasn’t commenting either way of how good or bad they are. I was just saying they were being released at 10pm.

Yes better for the US, Yes better for the world. Good to show a message that cancel culture is still not wanted.

Thanks for your answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That is true , there is a vacuum for a good right wing party here but since the PDs we havent had one.

The PDs were realistically only economically right wing. If your main reason for supporting Trump is "cancel culture", you would not have found yourself happy with the PDs.

Thanks for your answer.

It’s nice for someone supporting trump in these threads to answer a question posed by someone. At least ELM seems like he’s not just supporting trump for the laugh.

It’s nice for someone supporting trump in these threads to answer a question posed by someone. At least ELM seems like he’s not just supporting trump for the laugh.

Indeed. Something, something, lol, greeny propaganda. There's no answer to that.

L1011 wrote: »
    The PDs were realistically only economically right wing. If your main reason for supporting Trump is "cancel culture", you would not have found yourself happy with the PDs.

It's the closest I'm going to get to a party that aligns to my viewpoints.
    I'm not anti immigration (in an Aussie sense), I'm pro choice, pro LGBTQ rights etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I always have a little snigger when I hear people decry 'cancel culture' as if it were something new. It's been around since God was a child. Used to be the domain of journalists and political leakers. Who are screaming about it now because it's now a weapon that anyone can use. Often against them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

How reliable are YouGov on American politics?

https://twitter.com/YouGovAmerica/status/1323726705580822539

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'm now confident you aren't old enough to remember the PDs.

That much is evident. It's now enabled me to see your entire perspective on this libertarian guff. It's like a fad someone picked up in trinity on the windup because it got conversations going. So stayed with it.

Indeed. Something, something, lol, greeny propaganda. There's no answer to that.

Well at least it wasn’t walls of text and Copy and paste merchants.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

"There's a tremendous unity in this country"

Probably the biggest lie Trump has ever told.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: This isn't the place for Irish politics. Back on topic please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Well at least it wasn’t walls of text and Copy and paste merchants.

No, but I remain uninformed nonetheless. The paucity of solid pro-Trump posters and arguments makes these threads quite boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I obviously have not been tracking Maine. Good for them.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/03/politics/maine-ranked-choice-voting/index.html

Will be very interesting to see first round figures.

It would be something if Collins goes. She really deserves to after her shenanigans.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Pretty the system we use here in Ireland then yeah?

As I understand it, yes. There has been a gradual and very slow move towards ranked choice voting of some form or another over the last decade, but this is the first time i can recall it being "to 50%+1" from all candidates after multiple rounds, especially for high level office, at the State level. I personally believe it's the only way the political binariness will be reduced in the country. But, again, not sure what's in it for the "ruling party" of any state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

For those struggling to get a live CNN stream on the other site (ie not CNN or YT - google CNN live stream and it's the 5th link for me)- try it without your adblocker. I tried it in Firefox and worked (as opposed to Chrome with adblock).

Apologies if I'm being overly cryptic - not too sure the rules about posting a link to it on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I always have a little snigger when I hear people decry 'cancel culture' as if it were something new. It's been around since God was a child. Used to be the domain of journalists and political leakers. Who are screaming about it now because it's now a weapon that anyone can use. Often against them.

CBS Justice started Law & Order from the start a while ago (they just finished season 4 and seems on a hiatus) this started in 1990 and the amount of pushing of ideals and agendas in those 3 seasons would surprise people. I mean they sacked 2 people at the end of season 3 to bring in more women (as per Wolffe). So ya these "new ideas" are nothing new now just now aimed different

Advertisement