Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's funny thinking back to the Trumpists here that were claiming Trump had done so much for black people and how their support for him had increased so much. Clearly not enough obviously as it looks like their votes in Philly, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Milwaukee and Atlanta will play a huge part in winning Biden the presidency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

IF, if they took Alaska, they only need one seat in Georgia in the run offs, for a tie in the Senate and Harris as VP would have the casting vote. That would completely change the tenor of a Biden presidency.

That's one to keep a very close eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,810 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I can't imagine PA is far from being projected, Biden should take the lead in the next couple of hours.
    Earlier in the day it was considered comfortable for Biden. He has since exceeded expectations and it's looking like he'll win big. Iirc MI was projected for Biden not long after he took the lead there.

Once Biden goes a single vote ahead it will be called. Fox have already said they will call the race at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Same... I really want to see 'the moment' live...

Yep same here. I'm exhausted after 3 nights of this. Sick of looking at the colours red and blue. Those annoying "calm" adverts on CNN. But it's the best (US) election ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

This is sure to rub salt in.. I'm only seeing it now.

https://twitter.com/makGauBalak/status/1324441453590818816

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I can't imagine PA is far from being projected, Biden should take the lead in the next couple of hours.
    Earlier in the day it was considered comfortable for Biden. He has since exceeded expectations and it's looking like he'll win big. Iirc MI was projected for Biden not long after he took the lead there.

Am, I believe the term is bigly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Same... I really want to see 'the moment' live...

I’m on the verge of chronic sleep deprivation this week. Starting to think I’m a hummingbird

PpBOSGY.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Akrasia wrote: »
    I’m on the verge of chronic sleep deprivation this week. Starting to think I’m a hummingbird

PpBOSGY.gif

In the spirit of classic Simpsons references, I’m off to be a Viking soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,763 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

This Arizona lad is pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

As a side note, there is still 4.5m votes left to be counted in California, over 1m votes to be New York and about 1m votes New Jersey.

Biden is currently winning the popular vote by 2.6% and will likely go north of 3.0% maybe up as far as 4.0%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

E mac wrote: »
    Yep same here. I'm exhausted after 3 nights of this. Sick of looking at the colours red and blue. Those annoying "calm" adverts on CNN. But it's the best (US) election ever!

A 3-day nail biter!

I've watched a lot of sport, and I'm not sure I've watched anything as tense in my life.

Maybe this is the future of sport... instead of having teams actually play football, we set out the 11 on paper, and then all the millions of fans vote on the winner with constant round the clock coverage;
    "Cork County historically has been a ManUtd stronghold, but in recent years has begun to flip Liverpool with the younger generation"

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

A 3-day nail biter!

I've watched a lot of sport, and I'm not sure I've watched anything as tense in my life.

Maybe this is the future of sport... instead of having teams actually play football, we set out the 11 on paper, and then all the millions of fans vote on the winner with constant round the clock coverage;
    "Cork County historically has been a ManUtd stronghold, but in recent years has begun to flip Liverpool with the younger generation"

Trying to read that in John Kings voice...ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That's brilliant.

She's a good sense of humour. Had a few good tweets in her time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Oh that is just sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

Trump's lead down to 2.5k in Georgia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

murpho999 wrote: »
    That's brilliant.

She's a good sense of humour. Had a few good tweets in her time.

Just read that as her spitting image character in my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Fighting the urge to sleep in case something happens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Canice Picklington

Watching Trump's lead in Pennsylvania slowly and inevitably disappear is like New Year's Eve - except that unlike New Year's Eve, it's actually enjoyable.

Definitely going to blast out a bit of Auld Lang Syne on the oul' YouTube when Biden overtakes him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,564 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I want to give that CNN guy in Arizona a hug

He's suffering with the numbers lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Biden lead shrunk again, AZ is gonna be very tight it seems.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Canice Picklington

Zak Flaps wrote: »

Somebody needs to dub the chant "Biden PA" over the chorus of YMCA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Arizona

Maricopa County
    Trump 42276
    Biden 31700

Still a Biden lead of 46257

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Honestly this is Karma for all the bile and crap he's spewed out for the last 4 years. Sure he COULD run again in 2024 but honestly I think this is the start of a long slow motion train wreck where all the crap he's caused is going to bite him royally in the ass that he'll be ruined by next year. It's exactly what happens when someone takes an important role and runs it into the ground for self gratification. Not generally one for schadenfreude but like Brexit this is going to be the kind of comeuppance that will be VERY enjoyable and satifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Biden lead shrunk again, AZ is gonna be very tight it seems.

Ah, let Trump have it.

PA & GA are key now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Thank the lord AZ isn't that important anymore.. Don't think I'd have been able to deal with a nail-biter..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Headshot wrote: »
    I want to give that CNN guy in Arizona a hug

He's suffering with the numbers lol

I think he was saving hay the day they were doing sums at school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Arizona

Maricopa County
    Trump 42276
    Biden 31700

Still a Biden lead of 46257

Believe this was to be expected though with that county. There's still plenty of lead left it's not like Georgia and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,564 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

AZ do mail in voting and Trump is going well in that but I thought according to Trump that's a scam.....

• Advertisement

Is there any more dumps coming tonight ?

Advertisement