Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Is there any more dumps coming tonight ?

I think we're still expecting more from Nevada?

Georgia seem to be spitting out a few here and there throughout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

GA and PA stay counting through the night and report regularly. AZ and NV do dumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I think NV and AZ are unlikely to release any more vote updates of consequence until tomorrow. This is all about GA and PA for tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

2497 gap in Georgia now, I have no idea how many votes are left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Biden 1154
    Trump 165

Clayton County GA.

At least 5700 more in Clayton County. Results due by midnight tonight (whatever time it is in the CNN studio).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think we're still expecting more from Nevada?

Georgia seem to be spitting out a few here and there throughout

Nothing more from Nevada today.

Georgia and Pennsylvania seem to want to keep going. Hopefully they won't break for the night...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

I think Biden might hang on in AZ. It will be very close though, but I don't think Trump is winning by enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

CNN mentioned approx. 15,000 votes left in GA.

With a gap of 2,500, that means Biden needs just under 60% of what's left.

But essentially guaranteed a recount and not sure how any later arriving incl. Military votes will affect that.

CNN are ET, 5 am to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

In terms of numbers with the current numbers in popular vote doesnt this mean both candidates are now the two most popular candidates ever to run?

Trump has actually beaten Obama in terms of popular vote now? Maybe that will finally soothe his ego since it was his obsession of being better then Obama that set all this off in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Nate Silver basically just called the election (read the first comment under his tweet):

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1324534164826296323

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

John King is seriously impressive.

His presentation and knowledge is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,810 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Hannity on Fox now and it's hilarious. Scray and delusional but funny all the same.

If AZ breaks the way Maricopa County did for a finish (56.1%/42%) for the remaining 310k votes

Trump 173,910
    Biden 130,200

So Trump would gain 43,710 but Biden leads by 46,257. So Biden would win by 2.5k.

But obviously they are all not coming from Maricopa. Some votes still have to come for Coconino County, a decent size county and more blue leaning than Maricopa. Some smaller red counties left too but not much.

I think Biden will hang on, only just.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    In terms of numbers with the current numbers in popular vote doesnt this mean both candidates are now the two most popular candidates ever to run?

Trump has actually beaten Obama in terms of popular vote now? Maybe that will finally soothe his ego since it was his obsession of being better then Obama that set all this off in the first place

Yup, at the end of his divisive 4 year term, it's the perfect example of just how polarising he is as a person.

Biden as a candidate is largely just a proxy for 'Not-Trump', so in a way Trump is personally driving the two highest voting campaigns in history - for, and against, himself.

letowski wrote: »
    If AZ breaks the way Maricopa County did for a finish (56.1%/42%) for the remaining 310k votes

Trump 173,910
    Biden 130,200

So Trump would gain 43,710 but Biden leads by 46,257. So Biden would win by 2.5k.

But obviously they are all not coming from Maricopa. Some votes still have to come for Coconino County, a decent size county and more blue leaning than Maricopa. Some smaller red counties left too but not much.

You mean they won't stay counting long enough for Trump.

sdanseo wrote: »
    CNN mentioned approx. 15,000 votes left in GA.

With a gap of 2,500, that means Biden needs just under 60% of what's left.

But essentially guaranteed a recount and not sure how any later arriving incl. Military votes will affect that.

Surely then even a couple of thousand of late military votes will put it back in Trump's column?

Water John wrote: »
    You mean they won't stay counting long enough for Trump.

Yeah I think he will run out of votes eventually. Unless Maricopa is seeing higher rates of 'late' early votes leaning more red. But I doubt it.

Surely then even a couple of thousand of late military votes will put it back in Trump's column?

Hard to know, alot of people that join the military are from the black community, especially from the Savannah area. I don't think there would be enough to tilt it back.

It was a big call by Fox News, and I'd say they are sweating a bit now. But even if AZ says blue, its still doesn't change the fact that Fox News and AP called AZ too early.

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1324537699802513414

• Advertisement

Trump 173,910
    Biden 130,200

There is actually just 280k votes left in AZ. Next drop is tomorrow afternoon.

Bed time I think!

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1324539574190809088

Trump lead in GA down to 1902 now.

Edit: GA not AZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Trump and Biden now tied in Georgia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

There is actually just 280k votes left in AZ. Next drop is tomorrow afternoon.

Bed time I think!

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1324539574190809088

Why did Fox call this so early ? It was one of their first calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

With Georgia likely now to go to Biden, the best Trump can get is a draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

signostic wrote: »
    With Georgia likely now to go to Biden, the best Trump can get is a draw?

Yeah, he can't get to 270 if Georgia goes blue.

Trump 4129
    Biden 10841

Monroe County PA

Lead now down to 42k

Strange it's Guy Fawkes night and Trump just blew up a powder keg in the WH.

• Advertisement

Saganist wrote: »
    Why did Fox call this so early ? It was one of their first calls.

Most of the votes left to count were in a county which has 2/3 the population and is centred on Phoenix so Biden should be fine if most of the votes left to count are from there.

Advertisement