Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Canice Picklington

The new Trump song

Trump man, yes, it's time to step down
    I said, Trump man, you've been beat to the ground
    I said, Trump man, yeah your pants they look brown
    You might need a new Trump nappy
    Trump man, there's a place you can go
    I said, Trump man, prison locked on your own
    You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
    Many ways to have a good time

Don, Don, Don, Don, Don

It's fun to stay to watch Biden win PA
    It's all because you lost, Biden PA
    It's a beautiful thing for the world to enjoy
    He got rid of you good ol' boys

Trump man, you killed Epstein somehow
    I said Trump man, Russia can't save you now
    I said Trump man, yeah your wife is a cow
    Now for once the world is happy

Don, Don, Don, Don, Don

It's all because we see Biden win PA
    It's what we're waiting for, Biden PA
    He inflicted defeat, for the world to enjoy
    He got rid of you and your boys

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Trump 4129
    Biden 10841

Monroe County PA

Lead now down to 35k (albeit CNN haven't amended distance so may have misapplied that myself). Either way, vote numbers are correct.

Showing 42k on NYT

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Brian? wrote: »
    Showing 42k on NYT

Yeah I think I subtracted the 6k from 42 but the 42 reflected the 6k already taken. Whoops.

But that was more so fraud on CNNs part. I didn't see them make that calculation so it not valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Most of the votes left to count were in a county which has 2/3 the population and is centred on Phoenix so Biden should be fine if most of the votes left to count are from there.

But in contrast to most because they are used to mail in ballots in fact GOP voters use it. They drop them off in boxes the day or two before the election. Fox may not have had the local knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,870 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Trump not wanting to count votes where he's losing but wanting to keep counting where he's winning is giving me serious headache!

Can we just call it his Tally-ban?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fox News now getting behind Trump and the fraudulent election angle.

Unbelievable to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,564 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Question with Steve Bannon awful horrible and shameful attack on Dr Fauci could he be taken to court?

He basically threatened Dr Fauci life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

MSNBC say Democrats confident they will move ahead in PA between 9am and 10am our time.

Think that's my cue to get some sleep and set the alarm. Night folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fox just said that the burden is on Joe Biden to prove that the election was a fair and democratic one. Unreal.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Fox just said that the burden is on Joe Biden to prove that the election was a fair and democratic one. Unreal.

The same Fox News that said Obama was personally responsible for Benghazi and ran it as a main story for a few months on end yet never blaming Trump once for the Covid death rate.

• Advertisement

Thought Bannon was cleverer than that. His world view grand project is collapsing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Water John wrote: »
    Thought Bannon was cleverer than that. His world view grand project is collapsing.

That's exactly what I was thinking when watching the video. Dominic Cummings must have similar thoughts in the UK watching this unfold.

A US President saying the right things about how bad the EU are, how special the UK is and how they are going to agree a super awesome amazing deal is part of his plan to keep the people in the UK until the damage is irreparable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Bannon is another who should be in jail when all this is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

PA difference is now 26319

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Trump has gone from claims of winning, to claims of fraud... and made not so subtle hints that it is the deep state against him. Absolutely staggering that he managed to get elected in 2016 to the highest office in the world. Still beggers belief.

Georgia looks like it could go either way, 1% of votes to count (50,000). Trumps lead is a pitiful 1,775. He could lose that state and this race very easily.

Trump will lose GA. It's a question of margin. Would the ballots still due in tomorrow incl military make a diff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Trump will lose GA. It's a question of margin. Would the ballots still due in tomorrow incl military make a diff?

If Trump loses Georgia he has lost full stop. Biden only needs 6 more Electoral college votes, Georgia gives him 16.

Bannon is permanently banned from twitter.

If Trump loses Georgia he has lost full stop. Biden only needs 6 more Electoral college votes, Georgia gives him 16.

He only needs 6 on the basis that he has Az but that's not officially called yet.

Georgia will put him on 269 if it's called before Az.

Still more to go!

Very serious as they seem to be setting up that the election in the 3 Rust Belt states should be set aside.

• Advertisement

Very serious as they seem to be setting up that the election in the 3 Rust Belt states should be set aside.

Republicans are starting to turn on him after his last outburst.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8919791/Republicans-slam-Trumps-claim-massive-conspiracy-Democrats-media-big-money.html

Fox news or Fox opinion? There is actually a big difference. Is it Hannity/Carlson etc. Or the main news team like Wallace/Baeir?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,583 ✭✭✭jaykay74

As an editorial representing the whole station or a talking head or what ? Your point is a bit vague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Fox News contributors building strawmen in saying the Democrats don't agree with Republicans desire to 'count every legal vote' or that they don't want observers watching ballots being counted.
    Neither is the case.

They're really going all out with Trump and the Republicans are the Guardians of the Galaxy at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭joe35

With regards the 'blue wave', it actually looks like Bidens results reflect what was in the polls.

It's Trump who seems to have largely exceeded is projected polls.

If I was a vote watcher I'd be more interested in how Trump got all those extra votes.

The polling companies should come out and report that Bidens votes reflect what they expected, and to look at Trump's vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,598 ✭✭✭✭fits

Biden expected to overtake in Pennsylvania between 4-5 am ET which is in 2-3 hours time.

Margin is now 1267 in Georgia for Trump.

fits wrote: »
    Margin is now 1267 in Georgia for Trump.

Bed time. I’m expecting Biden to be president elect when I get up

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

fits wrote: »
    Biden expected to overtake in Pennsylvania between 4-5 am ET which is in 2-3 hours time.

So breakfast time here. I know here in Ireland we’ve had some mad political interviews and speeches and moments and to us they are memorable, but with all due respect we are playing junior hurling compared to America. I still can’t believe that speech trump gave about six hours ago. Im glad shows like the west wing and house of cards were made pre trump because they’d be seen as too normal now and not realistic.

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    Bed time. I’m expecting Biden to be president elect when I get up

I’m got up at 5:30 with the 3 yo. Missed the speech but I’m trying not to pay much attention to him. Will be so happy when he loses his platform and gets out of our heads.

Advertisement