Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So of the swing states, which ones should we know for sure tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

For those struggling to get a live CNN stream on the other site (ie not CNN or YT - google CNN live stream and it's the 5th link for me)- try it without your adblocker. I tried it in Firefox and worked (as opposed to Chrome with adblock).

Apologies if I'm being overly cryptic - not too sure the rules about posting a link to it on here.

Am I the only one getting the app to work then ? It’s working fine. No issue or ad blockers or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Am I the only one getting the app to work then ? It’s working fine. No issue or ad blockers or anything.

Haven't tried the app myself - on the laptop for the night.
    Didn't work on the CNN website however.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

It would be something if Collins goes. She really deserves to after her shenanigans.

What did she do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,132 ✭✭✭✭briany

What's the situation with unrest at polling stations today? Not hearing too much about it so far, so hopefully that means that fears about that were overblown.

I mean, it seems almost inevitable that there will be at least some kind of isolated incidents throughout the day, but isolated being the key word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

First exit polls will be released at 10pm Irish time on CNN.

Not sure how useful exit polls will be considering that 100m votes were cast before Election Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

How reliable are YouGov on American politics?

Listed as B according to FiveThirtyEight: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

What did she do
    Pretty much tried to play the bipartisan with every major vote in the senate until it actually came to the voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Panrich

A lot of money coming in for Trump on betfair in the past hour or so for Florida. It looks like a lot of democratic votes might be lost in the post.

As a Trump supporter in 2016, I can unequivocally state that Joe Biden must win tonight.

By no means is Biden perfect and I certainly don't agree with many of his policies, but we cannot have Trump at the helm in the midst of this pandemic and the blatant attempt to discredit a democratic election result.

Even Trump defenders - and I speak as a former one of them - must reckon with this reality and hope, for the sake of America if anything else, that Donald Trump is a ONE TERM PRESIDENT.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    What's the situation with unrest at polling stations today? Not hearing too much about it so far, so hopefully that means that fears about that were overblown.

I mean, it seems almost inevitable that there will be at least some kind of isolated incidents throughout the day, but isolated being the key word.

Nothing so far but I think Trump's actions are going to play a large part on any potential civil unrest. If he declares victory or strongly contests the results it'll likely lead to civil unrest, whenever that may be. Both protests and counter-protests will almost certainly occur. If he respects the democratic process then any unrest from his followers will likely be isolated events.

The good news is that it is looking very decisive, but I'm not convinced it's going to stop him from pulling a stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

As a Trump supporter in 2016, I can unequivocally state that Joe Biden must win tonight.

By no means is Biden perfect and I certainly don't agree with many of his policies, but we cannot have Trump at the helm in the midst of this pandemic and the blatant attempt to discredit a democratic election result.

Even Trump defenders - and I speak as a former one of them - must reckon with this reality and hope, for the sake of America if anything else, that Donald Trump is a ONE TERM PRESIDENT.

Fair play.

Is the ap showing different stuff then what is on the TV

Panrich wrote: »
    A lot of money coming in for Trump on betfair in the past hour or so for Florida. It looks like a lot of democratic votes might be lost in the post.

Where did you get this

Is the ap showing different stuff then what is on the TV

No. it’s showing the tv feed but some people seem to be be having issues with it.

Haven't tried the app myself - on the laptop for the night.
    Didn't work on the CNN website however.

Well the app works.

Edit: https://edition.cnn.com

This is what I get when I go on to the website and there’s a watch cnn live picture. John king is currently talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

briany wrote: »

seems quiet enough thankfully. a few assholes here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I obviously have not been tracking Maine. Good for them.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/03/politics/maine-ranked-choice-voting/index.html

Will be very interesting to see first round figures.

Is that basically Proportional Representation, as in Ireland?

No. it’s showing the tv feed but some people seem to be be having issues with it.

Ah okay I will try to get app so I can watch it in bed rather then staying up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Where did you get this

From his arse trumps odds are shortening and have done over the last hour.

• Advertisement

Where did you get this

A federal judge has ordered USPS to do a sweep of offices as something like 300,000 votes may not have been delivered yet and if they are not received by today, they cannot be counted. That would affect democratic votes disproportionately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭listermint

A federal judge has ordered USPS to do a sweep of offices as something like 300,000 votes may not have been delivered yet and if they are not received by today, they cannot be counted. That would affect democratic votes disproportionately.

That was midday Irish time . Not in the last hour.

listermint wrote: »
    That was midday Irish time . Not in the last hour.

I'm literally looking at betfair as we speak and watching it unfold

Well the app works.

Edit: https://edition.cnn.com

This is what I get when I go on to the website and there’s a watch cnn live picture. John king is currently talking.

Brilliant lad fair play, that's working perfect for me. Countdown timer to first exit polls suggest it's live too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,198 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I'm literally looking at betfair as we speak and watching it unfold

Youve no idea what your watching in all honesty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭embraer170

When you open the cnn iPhone app there’s a part that says watch now: CNN’s full coverage of Election Day. Dont click the watch tv thing in the top right corner. On the ipad it’s the first square on the left. And I’ve checked they do work.

Are you sure it is a live stream?

When I click on "CNN’s full coverage of Election Day", I get an error message saying the content is no longer available and it starts playing a stream that is 12 hours old.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They can release exit polls before polling closes?

awec wrote: »
    They can release exit polls before polling closes?

Yup, the home of Democracy.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Youve no idea what your watching in all honesty

I have been watching the markets on betfair on and off all day.

Trump was trading at 1.73-1.75 at 2pm today. Biden was at 2.36

From about 9pm Trump has been backed by large amounts and as we speak he is trading at 1.56. Biden is trading at 2.84.

You may not be aware of the market liquidity in betfair but it is very efficient and trends are not to be ignored lightly. It is not like your neighbourhood bookie who sets his price by sticking his finger into the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭human 19

Anybody else want to guess the number of electoral votes for the winner ? Im going 340 to350 for Biden ,but I hope its more .

Advertisement