Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Morning folks!

We'll take it from here Brian?

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1324603719116156928?s=19

Biden catching Trump at about 13k votes an hour in PA...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,734 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

everlast75 wrote: »
    Morning folks!

We'll take it from here Brian?

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1324603719116156928?s=19

https://twitter.com/themaxburns/status/1324601275514761217?s=19

Biden catching Trump at about 13k votes an hour in PA...

How many hours left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Waking up to those Georgia numbers has made me a lot more confident. Think I read 25k to count according to the BBC. Really hard to see how they won't break enough for Biden.

Incredibkle. In my mind, Georgia was one of those Old South states that would never go blue. Mad to see how that's slowly changing. Expect the Dems to throw everything at that senate run-off in January as there's clearly votes for them if they want them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So breakfast time here. I know here in Ireland we’ve had some mad political interviews and speeches and moments and to us they are memorable, but with all due respect we are playing junior hurling compared to America. I still can’t believe that speech trump gave about six hours ago. Im glad shows like the west wing and house of cards were made pre trump because they’d be seen as too normal now and not realistic.

Some of the stuff around Trump is equally of a made for TV nature.

Greg Gutfeld on Fox is adamant he is going to run again in 2024 if he does lose this time.
    Tucker, Hannity and Ingraham all took Trumps 'stealing the election' baton and ran hard with it on their shows last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Waking up to those Georgia numbers has made me a lot more confident. Think I read 25k to count according to the BBC. Really hard to see how they won't break enough for Biden.

Incredibkle. In my mind, Georgia was one of those Old South states that would never go blue. Mad to see how that's slowly changing. Expect the Dems to throw everything at that senate run-off in January as there's clearly votes for them if they want them.

Theres up to 8k votes for soldiers overseas that may still be returned in Georgia. That will have an impact and I think will tilt for Trump..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,109 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

sydthebeat wrote: »
    How many hours left?
    75 days. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

There was a tweet I saw yesterday that showed in the bible belt around Georgia a small Democrat Blue area that has been slowly expanding since the 73 election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

Call me Al wrote: »
    Theres up to 8k votes for soldiers overseas that may still be returned in Georgia. That will have an impact and I think will tilt for Trump..

I dont think it will favour Trump, I think the best he can hope for from the Military vote is 50:50

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/military-times-poll-38-of-active-duty-troops-have-favorable-view-of-trump

That says 42% strongly disapprove of his presidency, 38% are favourable.

It seems calling dead soldiers losers, captured soldiers cowards, insulting the family of a soldier killed in Africa, abandoning Kurd allies, and not confronting the rumours of Russian bounties on American soldiers in Afganistan have "shockingly" had an effect on the opinion of Trump in the Military.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

If Georgia and Pennsylvania go for Biden (which they will) might Trump give up. Surely the margin will be too much for any screaming match or tantrum, or recount or legal challenge to overtake.

Or are we guaranteed another few weeks of the soap opera continuing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭circadian

If Georgia and Pennsylvania go for Biden (which they will) might Trump give up. Surely the margin will be too much for any screaming match or tantrum, or recount or legal challenge to overtake.

He should, but he won't if last nights wandering monologue was anything to go by.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/special-counsels-office-opens-hatch-act-investigation-into-trumps-use-of-white-house-for-campaign-events

Apparently he's under investigation for violating the Hatch act. Seems the walls are closing in and his protections are gone. We haven't seen anything from Barr for days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I see a lot senior republicans starting to get a little pissed off with trump according to various news outlets and what I have seen on Twitter they are not happy with his accusations or rants in his press conferences.
    Trump junior shouting about them having no back bone won’t help matters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

circadian wrote: »
    He should, but he won't if last nights wandering monologue was anything to go by.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/special-counsels-office-opens-hatch-act-investigation-into-trumps-use-of-white-house-for-campaign-events

Apparently he's under investigation for violating the Hatch act. Seems the walls are closing in and his protections are gone. We haven't seen anything from Barr for days.

But sure what does he care at this stage. He's violated it so many times what difference does it make. Nothing will be done and may as well be shot for a sheep as a lamb.

Ahhh.... remember about a week ago when Joe Rogan had this guy on and people were defending his decision to do so?

https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1324577282598555650?s=19

Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Trump's lead down to 665 votes in Georgia

El Sueño wrote: »
    Trump's lead down to 665 votes in Georgia

You seem to be a few minutes ahead of the AP website El Sueno, can I ask which network you are watching so I can turn it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

paul71 wrote: »
    You seem to be a few minutes ahead of the AP website El Sueno, can I ask which network you are watching so I can turn it on?

CNN had it.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

People should take a look at the Fox News opinion segments those are some of what’s driving the divisions , hannity, tucker Carlson, Judith Miller, these are what people are watching to get news their like watching comical Ali that time the Iraqi guy who was saddams propagandist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

paul71 wrote: »
    CNN had it.

I actually had Sky News on myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ahhh.... remember about a week ago when Joe Rogan had this guy on and people were defending his decision to do so?

https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1324577282598555650?s=19

Good times.

Joe can have whoever he likes on his podcast though, it's his podcast. Americans can also peacefully protest, that is their right.

I think personally if you are in any way circumspect, you start to get this sinking feeling if you find yourself on the same side of the argument as Alex Jones, it would make me seriously question whether my opinion had crossed into the realm of fantasy or not.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Joe can have whoever he likes on his podcast though, it's his podcast. Americans can also peacefully protest, that is their right.

I think personally if you are in any way circumspect, you start to get this sinking feeling if you find yourself on the same side of the argument as Alex Jones, it would make me seriously question whether my opinion had crossed into the realm of fantasy or not.

I'll say this and no more because i don't want to derail the thread.

Of course Joe can have on who he wants. But if Alex Jones is invited on and not challenged, then he is giving a dangerous conspiracy theorist not only a massive platform, but a tacit endorsement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Of course Joe can have on who he wants. But if Alex Jones is invited on and not challenged, then he is giving a dangerous conspiracy theorist not only a massive platform, but a tacit endorsement.
    He was challenged. Numerous times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Okay we won't have a debate about it here, I understand exactly what you are saying and agree with you that if your going to have Jones on than you are going to have to spend a long time challenging what he says and to my kind, on the last episode he was on Joe did seem to do that an awful lot, I think he tried his best to fact check him and make Alex go slowly, and provide some evidence for what he was spouting.

Now, back to the election :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Okay we won't have a debate about it here, I understand exactly what you are saying and agree with you that if your going to have Jones on than you are going to have to spend a long time challenging what he says and to my kind, on the last episode he was on Joe did seem to do that an awful lot, I think he tried his best to fact check him and make Alex go slowly, and provide some evidence for what he was spouting.

Now, back to the election :)

Well done guys, agree to disagree and move on. Lets hope America can do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

It feels like this count is going on for like 3 months now, amazes me that the US depends on volunteers to count votes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

signostic wrote: »
    It feels like this count is going on for like 3 months now, amazes me that the US depends on volunteers to count votes...

The counting of mail-in votes is arduous and takes much longer than the standard in-person votes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,722 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, a close ally of Donald Trump, has pledged to donate $500,000 (£380,000) to help fund the Trump campaign's lawsuits.

"The allegations of wrongdoing are Earth-shattering," Graham, who was re-elected in South Carolina, told Sean Hannity in an interview with Fox News, without providing any details.

Can the next poster here who says the Dems are stealing the election be told that

1) he is Individual 1 in a campaign finance felony 2) the vast majority of Trump's substantive 2020 court applications failed
    3) trump was impeached for trying to pressure a foreign country interfere in the US election,
    4) trump went out the next day and invited China to do the same and
    5) now has charges pending for multiple violations of the Hatch Act

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,564 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Trump is just over 600 votes ahead in Georgia and seemly the outstanding votes are from the democratic countries :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,564 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Trump is just over 600 votes ahead in Georgia and seemly the outstanding votes are from the democratic countries :)

Update now just over 400 votes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Headshot wrote: »

There's still some provisional ballots as well as overseas and military ballots to be counted there. Usually they make no difference to the overall outcome but this time, because it's so close, they'll definitely matter.

Advertisement