Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Would love as Trump leaves the White House in January that the FBI and IRS pick him up and throw him in a paddywagon before he gets to his motrocade. Would be a delicious cherry on top.

I know ex presidents get a secret service security detail. Will it mean mean his agents will have to sleep in a cell with him too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Its done. Trump is a dead man walking.

Biden will win with PA and GA at minimum. NV and AZ very likely. The margin will be too big for legal challenge or faithless electors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,763 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Mellor wrote: »
    All the states???
    If it’s a 268-270 split. He only needs 1 faithless elector to steal it. Plenty of states where that’s possible. There were 7 in 2016

Ya but Im pretty sure they only pull this as a symbolic gesture when someone has clearly won. I dont think anyone would be brave enough to try if the result was on the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

prawnsambo wrote: »
    He has other motivations too. There are a raft of criminal and civil cases lined up for him to face once he's out of the security of the Oval office.

I've said it before, but I'm convinced he'll claim he has dementia within a year. It'll be easy enough for him to find a doctor who will say he's unfit to stand trial. But he'll still have control of his assets and his twitter account, if he's allowed have one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

paul71 wrote: »
    I asked about overseas military votes and when they arrive/are counted earlier I did not get a clear answer, apparently there are 8,000 in Georgia which will make difference, they wont make a difference in PN.

Just catching up on the thread and maybe this has been answered since, but the deal with the remaining overseas/military votes is that the ballots were issued but have not yet been received. There is a deadline of something like 5pm today for them to arrive, and presumably they’d also have to be postmarked before Nov 3rd.

In other words: there’s nothing there to count yet, and those 8000 may never even have been returned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

prawnsambo wrote: »
    He has other motivations too. There are a raft of criminal and civil cases lined up for him to face once he's out of the security of the Oval office.

Doubly so for his inner circle of cohorts: gonna be a lot of nervous looks and hushed phone calls to Gov agencies with words of "evidence" and "immunity" once he stops being "Donald Trump; President of America" and becomes "Donald Trump; Former reality TV star and failing businessman" (if the loses outlined in his leaked tax returns are accurate).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

This quick snippet from NBC gives a really good summary of exactly why Biden is going to win PA.

https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/1324674389128945666

I've said it before, but I'm convinced he'll claim he has dementia within a year. It'll be easy enough for him to find a doctor who will say he's unfit to stand trial. But he'll still have control of his assets and his twitter account, if he's allowed have one

Wouldnt that be hilarious after his man, woman, TV crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

Just to check, as it's the middle of the night over there, are GA and PA still counting or getting some sleep? Just weird that there hasn't even been a few hundred votes added to either of those two states since GA flipped blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Would love as Trump leaves the White House in January that the FBI and IRS pick him up and throw him in a paddywagon before he gets to his motrocade. Would be a delicious cherry on top.

A "Paddywagon"?
    Serously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I'm not sure his ego would allow him to publicly declare a mental deficiency.

And I also believe from watching The Sopranos that he would need to be certified as such from an independent doctor, which of course, I have no doubt, is 100% factual:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

MJohnston wrote: »
    Just catching up on the thread and maybe this has been answered since, but the deal with the remaining overseas/military votes is that the ballots were issued but have not yet been received. There is a deadline of something like 5pm today for them to arrive, and presumably they’d also have to be postmarked before Nov 3rd.

In other words: there’s nothing there to count yet, and those 8000 may never even have been returned.

Thank you MJ, that is exactly the information I was seeking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, perhaps. One thing that can be said for the US though is once the justice system has its eyes set on conviction, it's rare that it will just leave someone alone. Trump himself being unfit to stand trial won't stop states seizing his assets and charging his family & associates.
    Where countries in Europe might put a former president on house arrest for their safety, I could genuinely see them sticking Trump in jail if they managed to bring it that far.

If he doesn't claim he's unfit to stand trial, it will be an extensive plea deal where he throws everyone else under the bus in exchange for being able to live in an expensive house and make public appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm not sure his ego would allow him to publicly declare a mental deficiency.

And I also believe from watching The Sopranos that he would need to be certified as such from an independent doctor, which of course, I have no doubt, is 100% factual:pac:

Easy enough to fake poor scores, but your right in that his ego might not allow him to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,564 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Love it Andrew Yang on CNN

Somewhere Vince is ****ting himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

murpho999 wrote: »
    A "Paddywagon"?
    Serously?

I know... that's completely outdated. Everyone needs to call it by its proper name. A Patrick Carriage.

I know... that's completely outdated. Everyone needs to call it by its proper name. A Patrick Carriage.

Surely the yanks call it a "Patty cab" or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,722 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

droidus wrote: »
    Its done. Trump is a dead man walking.

Biden will win with PA and GA at minimum. NV and AZ very likely. The margin will be too big for legal challenge or faithless electors.
    It's been done since yesterday. Pa and GA are just the icing on the cake for Biden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i think my dream is that anderson cooper gets to say ' breaking news joe biden is the next president of the united states '

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

jasonb wrote: »
    Just to check, as it's the middle of the night over there, are GA and PA still counting or getting some sleep? Just weird that there hasn't even been a few hundred votes added to either of those two states since GA flipped blue.

Both are counting. The Pittsburgh area stopped for the night and will start again at 9am. Think they have 36K votes to be counted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

seamus wrote: »
    I could genuinely see them sticking Trump in jail if they managed to bring it that far..

Trump has spent is whole adult life mired in lawsuits and no one has made a single criminal charge stick yet. I somehow doubt he'll see the inside of any jail cells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

UpBack1234 wrote: »
    Trump has spent is whole adult life mired in lawsuits and no one has made a single criminal charge stick yet. I somehow doubt he'll see the inside of any jail cells.

With his money, no he wont, but he should be jailed several times over for the way he behaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭josip

UpBack1234 wrote: »

Being banned from Twitter would probably be one of the worse punishments for him to endure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Georgia has turned light blue with more to come. Well it’s moving towards an end. The quote used before the death of king George V of England years ago about “his life is moving peacefully towards its close,” can be modified to describe this election. It is moving towards its close but given what trump and his allies are saying it won’t be peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

With his money, no he wont, but he should be jailed several times over for the way he behaves.

I don't doubt the SDNY will give it their very best shake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

josip wrote: »
    Being banned from Twitter would probably be one of the worse punishments for him to endure.

which for him is probably worse then prison

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The fact that Wolf, John King, Dana Bash, Jake Tapper etc are being rolled out again already suggests they’ll call it for Biden in the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Could be yet though, I don't think this loss is going to be the end of it if anything this is going to be the start of a long comeuppance long overdue, he might have caused and gotten away with alot of carryon but he's antagonised alot of people as well, for all the people he got out to support him he got even more out to oppose him and I get the feeling there's gonna be plenty of skeletons in the closet that could come back to haunt him in the next few years.

As the old saying goes Karma is a Bítch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Memedump deleted.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

How are people shocked/surprised by what Trump said last night ??? He was saying the exact same thing about the 2016 results, he said Clinton didn’t win the popular vote, that they were all fake votes

I can only assume the people who are genuinely shocked by what he said are the kind of people who don't pay much attention to politics outside of landmark events such as the presidential debates and this week.

That rambling, repetitive speech full of blatant falsehoods, inflammatory claims and personal grievances is typical when he talks just to the Press.

It was always going to go down like this if he lost.

Advertisement