Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

VinLieger wrote: »
    He does to block the SC challenge on mail in votes

But that is what they are counting in AZ as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

If trump is watching Fox News he won’t like what they are seeing... they know it’s over

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He does to block the SC challenge on mail in votes

But Biden is already winning without those.

Even if they toss the "late arrivals" Biden still leads.

Those late ones will be the very last block to be counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    But Biden is already winning without those.

Even if they toss the "late arrivals" Biden still leads.

Those late ones will be the very last block to be counted.

Ohh really? I thought we were in that block now, that puts some fears to rest then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

I think we are getting another Maricopa vote dump at 5pm today (10am MST)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

If trump is watching Fox News he won’t like what they are seeing... they know it’s over

This article from Jonathan Swann is instructive and explains why Trump et al are so pissed off with Fox.

If they call PA , it's likely game over for Trump in terms of support.
    A Trump campaign official said the internal view was that it's essential to keep the race "optically" alive, and that if Fox were to call it, it would severely harm their efforts to support President Trump's (false) claims that he'd already won.

There's also this quote which sums up the "Best People" angle
    A senior administration official said: "When Bush had this issue they tapped arguably the pre-eminent statesman of his generation, James Baker, to spearhead their legal and PR efforts, to great effect.... We rolled out Rudy Giuliani, Corey Lewandowski and Pam Bondi. You can draw your own conclusions."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is there anything left to come in from Georgia? the maps are all saying 99%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1324690495457517570?s=20

What an interesting but welcome development!!!

I look forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm just waiting for him to shill VPNs for circumventing IP blocking.

Ohh really? I thought we were in that block now, that puts some fears to rest then

Yes - They are being kept separate.

I think they may not even start to count them until the deadline is up - 5pm this evening local time I think it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Just looking at John King's map, what's that grey Island of the coast of California? Is it Cuba?

One more, maybe last, contender for "there's always a tweet"?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266031768728109056?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Akabusi wrote: »
    Just looking at John King's map, what's that grey Island of the coast of California? Is it Cuba?

Alaska.
    Bloody global warming. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

That's Alaska.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Statement from the Trump camp claiming more made up bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I trust this is more than a news dump link ;)

EmJavU_WMAETye_?format=png&name=small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

everlast75 wrote: »
    One more, maybe last, contender for "there's always a tweet"?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266031768728109056?s=20

Keep them coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Alaska. Out of position obviously. Grey because not yet called.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Christy42

Alaska. Out of position obviously. Grey because not yet called.

You would have thought that one could have been called immediately. I don't see much chance of Biden taking Alaska.

Certainly looks like a "dump"....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Conservative sub-reddit now saying Fox News is in Biden's pocket. ****ing laughable stuff out there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

*Narrators Voice* 'But it was over.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Christy42 wrote: »
    You would have thought that one could have been called immediately. I don't see much chance of Biden taking Alaska.

Very small chance but not impossible.

CNN Panel are going to be exhausted after this. They've been on at both ends of the day since Tuesday

They've been great though, I have to say.

Fox News have mandated staff to not call Biden the "president elect" due to legal challenges if he passes 270.

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Matt Morgan from Trumps campaign team confident that when the election is final Trump will remain President....

Taken from sky news site:

"The president's team has issued a defiant statement after Joe Biden overtook him in Pennsylvania - which would hand him victory - and Georgia.

Here's what Matt Morgan, Trump 2020 campaign general counsel, said: "This election is not over. The false projection of Joe Biden as the winner is based on results in four states that are far from final. 

"Georgia is headed for a recount, where we are confident we will find ballots improperly harvested, and where President Trump will ultimately prevail. 

"There were many irregularities in Pennsylvania, including having election officials prevent our volunteer legal observers from having meaningful access to vote counting locations. 

"We prevailed in court on our challenge, but were deprived of valuable time and denied the transparency we are entitled to under state law. 

"In Nevada, there appear to be thousands of individuals who improperly cast mail ballots. 

"Finally, the President is on course to win Arizona outright, despite the irresponsible and erroneous 'calling' of the state for Biden by Fox News and the Associated Press. 

"Biden is relying on these states for his phony claim on the White House, but once the election is final, President Trump will be re-elected."

Comical Ali comes to mind so much reading that....

Biden picked up another net 1200 votes in PA in the last few minutes. Gap now 6737.

Edit. Came from Bucks County which was previously 51.4/46.6 split to Biden, this vote was 68% of the mail ins.

Matt Morgan from Trumps campaign team confident that when the election is final Trump will remain President....

Taken from sky news site:

"The president's team has issued a defiant statement after Joe Biden overtook him in Pennsylvania - which would hand him victory - and Georgia.

Here's what Matt Morgan, Trump 2020 campaign general counsel, said: "This election is not over. The false projection of Joe Biden as the winner is based on results in four states that are far from final. 

"Georgia is headed for a recount, where we are confident we will find ballots improperly harvested, and where President Trump will ultimately prevail. 

"There were many irregularities in Pennsylvania, including having election officials prevent our volunteer legal observers from having meaningful access to vote counting locations. 

"We prevailed in court on our challenge, but were deprived of valuable time and denied the transparency we are entitled to under state law. 

"In Nevada, there appear to be thousands of individuals who improperly cast mail ballots. 

"Finally, the President is on course to win Arizona outright, despite the irresponsible and erroneous 'calling' of the state for Biden by Fox News and the Associated Press. 

"Biden is relying on these states for his phony claim on the White House, but once the election is final, President Trump will be re-elected."

Comical Ali comes to mind so much reading that....

Only one side has said "I have won" though and it isn't Biden.

He has said "I'm confident when the votes are counted I'll be the winner" which is a perfectly acceptable position to hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Only one side has said "I have won" though and it isn't Biden.

He has said "I'm confident when the votes are counted I'll be the winner" which is a perfectly acceptable position to hold.

Not only is it reasonable it is now increasingly apparent that it is based on fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

Biden picked up another net 1200 votes in PA in the last few minutes. Gap now 6737.

Edit. Came from Bucks County which was previously 51.4/46.6 split to Biden, this vote was 68% of the mail ins.

I also noticed on the AP website that a lot of counties in PN which were showing figures of 92% voted moved to 99% without any extra votes. I think that part had been estimated all along. I am used to seeing Irish 1st counts where the total number of votes is known on the first round.

Advertisement