Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

The vote differential in PA is now 14,733. Am I right in saying that CNN are calling this when it reaches 15,000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

One of the USPS officials in Pennsylvania has just agreed to go on the record and is willing to testify under oath to the backdating of ballots.

They will be releasing his interview imminently.

The source for that is James O'Keefe.

He is a convicted criminal.

He is a proven Liar.

He has lost numerous lawsuits for publishing lies.

He backed the author of the book that said the Sandy hook school shootings were a hoax.

He receives money from the Trump campaign.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Lets kinda forget about the other things and other forums and what can be said and not. You said you wanted someone to discuss trump, the floor is your. Your a trump supporter, you think he was a better candidate and I assume your disappointed he's beat. What was it you liked about him and what was it that made him a better candidate than Biden? I don't think its hard to answer and discuss this without resorting to insulting either of them or going into wild conspiracy theory land is it?

What did you like about trump and his presidency?

There have been several grotesque and perverse attempts to oust Trump. From a counterfeit Russian hoax to spurious impeachment efforts over routine phone calls. Deep state figures have been outspoken and ferocious in their denunciation of Trump - John Brennan being a case in point. Trump's "American First" philosophy contradicts globalism in a fundamental way . And these are regime change experts. The idea that they'd suddenly conduct an appropriate election is incredulous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

One of the USPS officials in Pennsylvania has just agreed to go on the record and is willing to testify under oath to the backdating of ballots.

They will be releasing his interview imminently.

Utter BS like this is why you’ve been called on things

It’s not that “you suppor trump”

It’s that you’re pushing conspiracy theories and pushing lies to futher your agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Lets kinda forget about the other things and other forums and what can be said and not. You said you wanted someone to discuss trump, the floor is your.

Your a trump supporter, you think he was a better candidate and I assume your disappointed he's beat.

What was it you liked about him and what was it that made him a better candidate than Biden? I don't think its hard to answer and discuss this without resorting to insulting either of them or going into wild conspiracy theory land is it?

What did you like about trump and his presidency?

Please don't, I see there is a Trump appreciation thread where he could wax lyrical about how good he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The vote differential in PA is now 14,733. Am I right in saying that CNN are calling this when it reaches 15,000?

David Challian spoke on this process of Declaring a projection on a state. Their is a special team of statiticians who make the call but didn't hear any number.
    It's a very high bar they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

It’s actually ridiculously slow

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Utter BS like this is why you’ve been called on things It’s not that “you suppor trump”

It’s that you’re pushing conspiracy theories and pushing lies to futher your agenda

I don't mind being called on things, that's what it's about. I have no 'agenda' other than an Irish person who liked the outgoing President.
    paul71 wrote: »
    Link please

Apparently he's going to speak. I'll link it up if/when he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

There have been several grotesque and perverse attempts to oust Trump. From a counterfeit Russian hoax to spurious impeachment efforts over routine phone calls. Deep state figures have been outspoken and ferocious in their denunciation of Trump - John Brennan being a case in point. Trump's "American First" philosophy contradicts globalism in a fundamental way . And these are regime change experts. The idea that they'd suddenly conduct an appropriate election is incredulous.

I don't understand, I said what did you like about trump and his Presidency? What makes him a better candidate than Biden?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Hi guys. New to American politics but enjoying the ride.
    One thing I see posted here often concerns when or if a Network "calls it".
    Is there an importance or significance to this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jrosen wrote: »
    It’s actually ridiculously slow

Votes that haven't yet arrived in some of these states can still be counted. Patience, this is how it is in a close race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

But that's just your opinion. I think the President was a better candidate than Biden. You seem to be saying that alone is grounds for banning?

I don't understand the Brexiteer reference.

For having that opinion? Certainly not. It's an opinion different from my own but its yours, you're being polite about it, no issue.

The problem is that what tends to happen (as with Brexit debates) is that people attempt to defend the opinion you hold not with facts and figures, but with things like naked falsehoods (the election was rigged), vapid cliches (ya'll have orange man derangement syndrome) or a very selective view of the facts (for example, claiming credit for a 30% GDP growth rate, ignoring the whole pandemic recession). There is plenty of good ground to make a case for Trump's policy, but most people will not do it.

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Hi guys. New to American politics but enjoying the ride.
    One thing I see posted here often concerns when or if a Network "calls it".
    Is there an importance or significance to this?

Correct phrasing is projecting it I believe, and that's when experts believe the voting differential cannot be overturned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,933 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seems like an appropriate time to re-up this

"Can the next poster here who says the Dems are stealing the election be told that

1) he is Individual 1 in a campaign finance felony in 2016 and was not prosecuted purely because of an OLC memo but was found to direct Cohen to do so
    2) the vast majority of Trump's substantive 2020 court applications failed
    3) trump was impeached for trying to pressure a foreign country interfere in the US election
    4) trump went out the next day and invited China to do the same and
    5) now has charges pending for multiple violations of the Hatch Act

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

35,000 seems to be the point they will call it. That figure moves Biden to outside the automatic recount margin.

I don't understand, I said what did you like about trump and his Presidency? What makes him a better candidate than Biden?

Well from a rest of the World perspective (non-American) he refused to get dragged into any wars, which I believe he was under constant pressure to do, like every President. I wouldn't be surprised if Biden/Harris were engaged in war withing the first 18 months of their tenure.

I believe Biden to be in stark cognitive decline after almost half a century in politics. I don't think he'll be making any decisions because I don't think he's capable of it. Whoever's behind him will be doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I don't mind being called on things, that's what it's about. I have no 'agenda' other than an Irish person who liked the outgoing President.

Apparently he's going to speak. I'll link it up if/when he does.

This is something that should be investigated by the US Postal Inspection Service, not used as a means of undermining Democracy. The USPIS has been around in various forms since Ben Franklin created surveyors in 1772. I suspect that the oldest Federal police service has more capacity and experience to deal with this than a hack like James O' Keeffe.

For having that opinion? Certainly not. It's an opinion different from my own but its yours, you're being polite about it, no issue.

The problem is that what tends to happen (as with Brexit debates) is that people attempt to defend the opinion you hold not with facts and figures, but with things like naked falsehoods (the election was rigged), vapid cliches (ya'll have orange man derangement syndrome) or a very selective view of the facts (for example, claiming credit for a 30% GDP growth rate, ignoring the whole pandemic recession). There is plenty of good ground to make a case for Trump's policy, but most people will not do it.

Fair enough Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

Getting a clearer picture of why you were banned in the other thread alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,933 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"This is the self preservation society"

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1324782310160535553?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Seems to me that Trump wants us all to be so bored by this (obv US not here), and will give out forever.

Hopefully most are not taken in by this Narcissist's actions.

Worst election since the hanging chads.

Who is the Trump War room twitter account run by?

That is just a twitter dump, no evidence, nothing just Garbage.

Getting a clearer picture of why you were banned in the other thread alright.

I don't understand?

The source for that is James O'Keefe.

He is a convicted criminal.

He is a proven Liar.

He has lost numerous lawsuits for publishing lies.

He backed the author of the book that said the Sandy hook school shootings were a hoax.

He receives money from the Trump campaign.

V8 would you like to address this with a reliable source please?

Well from a rest of the World perspective (non-American) he refused to get dragged into any wars, which I believe he was under constant pressure to do, like every President. I wouldn't be surprised if Biden/Harris were engaged in war withing the first 18 months of their tenure.

I believe Biden to be in stark cognitive decline after almost half a century in politics. I don't think he'll be making any decisions because I don't think he's capable of it. Whoever's behind him will be doing that.

From a quick google almost 7,000 US troops have lost their lives in action since 2001. That's 19 years. I'm open to correction on that if you find more accurate figures.

Over 200,000 have died, so far, on American soil due to the Corona Virus. The real number is supposedly much higher due to the underreporting of numbers, but let's say it's right, we'll say 200,000.

Many of those could have been easily prevented had Trump taken appropriate action. Obama left him a pandemic playbook, one that was tried and tested. He chose not to use that or take any real measures to stop the spread of the virus.

He may not have started any war, but he has more American blood on his hands than any other US president in recent history.

Who is the Trump War room twitter account run by?

That is just a twitter dump, no evidence, nothing just Garbage.

The account is irrelevant. Its the Republican party Chairsperson in Michigan who's making the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

everlast75 wrote: »
    "This is the self preservation society"

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1324782310160535553?s=19

Are they fleeing to Argentina?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,378 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Yeah, that's very interesting. Thanks. However, it assumes State-wide spread of each block, whereas individual counties actually vary quite dramatically.

I don't understand. These are raw numbers right - that contribute to the state's total? What difference does it matter what county they came from as long as we are seeing the raw numbers or am I missing something?

• Advertisement

The account is irrelevant. Its the Republican party Chairsperson in Michigan who's making the claim.

Sure you can update us when it's in the courts... Cause it's pretty irrelevant otherwise.

Advertisement