Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well from a rest of the World perspective (non-American) he refused to get dragged into any wars, which I believe he was under constant pressure to do, like every President. I wouldn't be surprised if Biden/Harris were engaged in war withing the first 18 months of their tenure.

I believe Biden to be in stark cognitive decline after almost half a century in politics. I don't think he'll be making any decisions because I don't think he's capable of it. Whoever's behind him will be doing that.

Your first paragraph, thanks. I don't see how that opinion would get you in trouble or burned at the stake anywhere even by people who disagree with you. The second paragraph though can get into murky water because even if someone accepts that perhaps Biden is in cognitive decline the obvious comparison to trump will not reflect well on trump. So lets not go there?

So you think trump was good for the world outside of the US then more so than bad and you think that Biden will be worse for the rest of the world. Can you flesh that out a little bit more for me? What way has the world become a better place outside the US due to him other than the not starting a new war which you have mentioned already and how do you see Biden having a negative impact when he takes his position in January?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

The account is irrelevant. Its the Republican party Chairsperson in Michigan who's making the claim.

What claim? Where is the evidence he provided to back it up?

Also on the first claim you posted about a post master.

Do you believe that someone who supports the author of the Book saying the Sandy hook school shootings were a hoax, is a credible source now that you have been informed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Biden will continue with Trumps policies:

Buy American - sounds like “America first”

He will keep interest rates low - it will cost a lot to pay back costs incurred during corona

Low interest rates will lead to soaring stock markets

So basically Trumpism will continue with a less charismatic man as President

Everything’s stays as it was

Trump will return in 2024

I'm sure you're going to be a quality contributor around here :rolleyes:

He won't last long though, its kinda like the election. I'm curious to see how many posts he manages to get in before they all get deleted by the mighty ban hammer and disappear forever, likes trumps leads did. We were at 6 at the time of posting, I'll have the over/under at 11

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Canice Picklington

The account is irrelevant. Its the Republican party Chairsperson in Michigan who's making the claim.

The party of online conspiracy theorists and fantasists. Gemma O'Doherty types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

I don't understand?

You just post conspiracy theory threads as if they are verified factual evidence. Like your line was 'voting irregularties in Michigan' like its factual.

Sorolla wrote: »
    Biden will continue with Trumps policies:

Buy American - sounds like “America first”

He will keep interest rates low - it will cost a lot to pay back costs incurred during corona

Low interest rates will lead to soaring stock markets

Trump will return in 2024

I'd say your probably wrong there tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sorolla wrote: »

Well we will not have a wannabie telling white neo nazies to stand ready or put out 22.000 lies over 4 years. That alone will be a great improvement compared the previous 4 years and I can can keep listing the improvements even if for some reason Biden would run exact same policy (hint, he's not see for example rejoining the Paris accord directly when sworn in, buying electrical cars etc.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I don't understand. These are raw numbers right - that contribute to the state's total? What difference does it matter what county they came from as long as we are seeing the raw numbers or am I missing something?

Different counties have a different preponderance of one party affiliation or another. So, if say 100,000 ballots remain outstanding and they came from predominantly Blue-leaning counties, then we can estimate the likely number of Trump vs Biden votes contained therein.

He won't last long though, its kinda like the election. I'm curious to see how many posts he manages to get in before they all get deleted by the mighty ban hammer and disappear forever, likes trumps leads did. We were at 6 at the time of posting, I'll have the over/under at 11
    The "freedom of speech" grift in Trumpworld amounts to baselessly calling somebody a paedophile.

The irony is there's actually credible evidence there to allege that Trump may be be a paedophile, given that he actually had an actual case brought against him for raping a 13 year old girl with Jeffrey Epstein.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Well we will not have a wannabie telling white neo nazies to stand ready or put out 22.000 lies over 4 years. That alone will be a great improvement compared the previous 4 years and I can can keep listing the improvements even if for some reason Biden would run exact same policy (hint, he's not see for example rejoining the Paris accord directly when sworn in, buying electrical cars etc.).

I've often felt that the difference between a fascist and a not a fascist is considerably underappreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

Trump charismatic? Good one. He couldn't spell the word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,378 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Different counties have a different preponderance of one party affiliation or another. So, if say 100,000 ballots remain outstanding and they came from predominantly Blue-leaning counties, then we can estimate the likely number of Trump vs Biden votes contained therein.

I see. Well yeah I guess you'd need a separate data source to carry out that kind of analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So any new developments of any note ?

Sorry, but that is simply tosh! The credibility of the source for any assertion is a crucial factor one must take into account in order to assess the assertion itself. In this case, the nakedly partisan agenda of the source, taken together with the national 'marching orders' from the White House, blows away ANY/ALL credibility in my eyes.

I read it! I assessed it! I flushed it! That's how it works for me!

I see. Well yeah I guess you'd need a separate data source to carry out that kind of analysis.

That's basically what John King has been doing since Tuesday. That's why he's playing such a blinder for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Itssoeasy wrote: »

It has taken Georgia 2 hours to count fewer than 500 votes, so at that pace, it would take them a further 15 hours to finish their count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Biden has increased his lead in Georgia to 4,263.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

That is well outside any margin for errors if there is a recount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,565 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Biden expands lead in Georgia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Is Biden speaking soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

Nate Silver of 538 noted that one pundit is saying that a PA call might be premature with some provisional ballots that might lean republican. He seemed to still think they will lean democrat though. Something to keep an eye on maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭valoren

MattS1 wrote: »
    Is Biden speaking soon?

1am our time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

On CNN love quirky Bill Weir in Phoenix quoting Tom Petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

A true Lazaus act by Biden there. At 4am Wednesday morning, he was 10 points behind and the state looked destined to follow the projections of Florida, Ohio and North Carolina. What a remarkable race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,378 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Can't wait for the dramatization in years to come about what is happening right now in the White House.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

letowski wrote: »
    A true Lazaus act by Biden there. At 4am Wednesday morning, he was 10 points behind and the state looked destined to follow the projections of Florida, Ohio and North Carolina. What a remarkable race.

Apparently its mostly down to a democrat called Stacy Abrams. Who lost the governor race in 2018 by 55k when against the sitting SOC who deleted a bunch of voter registrations. She felt it was voter suppression and doubled down on her voter registration effort. She reg'd 800k voters in two years, almost all of them probably voted democrat. Joe will win by less than 1 percent of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Trump charismatic? Good one. He couldn't spell the word.

He is hugely charismatic. That doesn't mean I like the man, but anyone who can inspire such devotion with such a large base of the public and stay relevant in the last few decades and ultimately win the presidency clearly has x-factor.

You don't have to be articulate to be charismatic.

It's pretty much impossible to rise so high in politics which is ultimately a popularity contest without charisma.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Jim Acosta's update from the White House was amusing. Chaos. Trump being enabled by his spawn and Giuliani, not accepting reality. Trying to find some evidence of voter fraud. Oh to be a fly on the wall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Appears there aren't as many military ballots outstanding as had been claimed:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1324837325311004672

Advertisement