Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Can't wait for the dramatization in years to come about what is happening right now in the White House.

They can take the name from here: US Presidential Election 2020: Judgement Days....

Brendan Gleeson can play Trump again... Those Piranha underbites need another airing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I wonder how many more votes in Georgia will revert the recount calls and push it towards the GOP to request it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

If you were lucky enough to register an email address with the Trump campaign, you'll probably be delighted to receive one of these in your inbox.

I wonder how many more votes in Georgia will revert the recount calls and push it towards the GOP to request it.

A gap of 0.5% of total votes cast (approx. 25,000 votes) allows for a recount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,565 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

prawnsambo wrote: »
    If you were lucky enough to register an email address with the Trump campaign, you'll probably be delighted to receive one of these in your inbox.

wow ****ing hell,

give us your money and sure we'll put in some kind of fight but we'll keep what's left over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Appears there aren't as many military ballots outstanding as had been claimed:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1324837325311004672

Well the election official from Georgia never said there was 8,000 Military(and overseas ballots which included non military), they said there was up to 8,000 but they didn’t know how many they’d get back by the deadline today.

Headshot wrote: »
    wow ****ing hell,

give us your money and sure we'll put in some kind of fight but we'll keep what's left over

Oh aye. I'd love to see investigations into some of the lawyers who are taking cases on at the minute in full knowledge that they have no case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

So it seems some senior White House officials are trying to clam things and telling trump it as good as over and he is being hyped up to keep fighting by giuliani and certain family members

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

This is how cults operate!

I know this isn’t specifically election related but I see Steve bannon’s lawyer has decided to not represent him going forward after his beheading comments last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Also worth noting the fine print.

The donations are not going just to legal "defense" but also to retire campaign debt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

valoren wrote: »
    1am our time.

Sky saying no guarantee he will speak if the election isn’t called

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

Wow, what I noticed from that is that is Melania is not in Team Trump, was there a Robert De Niro moment from "Meet the Fockers", "Melania you are not in the circle of Trust".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Sky saying no guarantee he will speak if the election isn’t called
    I can’t imagine he would want to till he is 100% certain of a result. Would he wait for trump to ring him to concede the race or is it unlikely trump would do that.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know this isn’t specifically election related but I see Steve bannon’s lawyer has decided to not represent him going forward after his beheading comments last night.

I think it very relevant to the election. Bannon has been heavily involved in the strategising and rat****ing aspects of the more recent campaign activities. He had a big role in the Hunter laptop tosh, as well as a tsunami of anti- Biden video out of China.

He's currently out on bail.. I'd be very surprised if his bail isnt revoked shortly on foot of his exhortation to violence on Chris Wray and Anthony Fauci. Manhattan Corrections Centre sounds about right for Stevie Boi...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Canice Picklington

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    They can take the name from here: US Presidential Election 2020: Judgement Days....

Brendan Gleeson can play Trump again... Those Piranha underbites need another airing...

Peter Kay could reprise Phoenix Nights - except set in a Maricopa County counting centre rather than a downmarket nightclub in Bolton.

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    This is how cults operate!

Also Nigerian Princes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,378 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

harr wrote: »
    So it seems some senior White House officials are trying to clam things and telling trump it as good as over and he is being hyped up to keep fighting by giuliani and certain family members

What do we reckon the order of bullishness is on fighting?

I'll go with:
    1. Don Jr. - amped up, RNC speech style and willing to take on all comers
    2. Eric - doesn't seem that bright - probably doesn't realise that it's over
    3. Ivanka - supportive of her father whilst probably secretly spotting an upside for herself
    4. Melania - plotting her escape

Can't wait for the dramatization in years to come about what is happening right now in the White House.

Would basically be a mix of American Psycho and Downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

The military ballots in a mute point in GA. I doubt there is much returned at this stage. Nonetheless, there are military bases in and around the Savannah area where you get large young African American male population that join the military there. And give all Trump comments this year, they won't split well for Trump.

• Advertisement

It’s been announced there is a lid on the White House which means we won’t hear anything on camera from the president.

If true, it's like something you would see on a conspiracy theory site or similar grifter site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

What do we reckon the order of bullishness is on fighting?

I'll go with:
    1. Don Jr. - amped up, RNC speech style and willing to take on all comers
    2. Eric - doesn't seem that bright - probably doesn't realise that it's over
    3. Ivanka - supportive of her father whilst probably secretly spotting an upside for herself
    4. Melania - plotting her escape
    I honestly believe that Trump believed that he could found a dynasty and have Trumps in the WH for years. I'm sure all the Trump tots thought they'd get a turn in the Oval office after Ivanka. They'd feel entitled enough. Must be tough now. So they'll be pushing like crazy to keep the show going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It’s been announced there is a lid on the White House which means we won’t hear anything on camera from the president.

Pity there isn't a "lid" for his phone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I have an image in my mind of Mitch McConnell sitting in a hotel room staring at a tranquilizer gun. Mumbling to himself "Just do it Mitch, it needs to happen".

On the coffee table there are 6 long straws and one short.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Another one, wasn't there one the night before he came out and declared victory and fraud at the same time?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    A recount in Georgia is absolutely fair given the current situation.

However , as it's now moved to ~1200 vote lead it's getting less likely that would change the result.

The volume and distribution of those overseas ballots will be important.

If there are about 8000 as reported and they were to break roughly 60:40 to Trump (60% being roughly the GOP level of support in the Military) then that would give Trump a roughly 1600 vote net gain.

In that case , Biden would be the one looking for the recount as he'd only be ~400 behind.

However . Trumps support in the military recently isn't great , in fact in August he was under water with the military

If that were to bear out in these ballots , or even slightly above 50% Biden is probably safe in Georgia.

So , the Biden lead in Georgia is now out to over 4000 which moves it firmly into "A recount is a waste of time" territory.

There's also more detail on the overseas ballots - There were ~8000 in total some of which are already in and counted , it's just that the deadline for receipt is later today.

In all likelihood there's only a handful that might yet arrive so they are not the potential magic bullet for Trump.

Georgia is done.

On the flip side , it does look like Trump is closing at a decent clip in Arizona and the last few blocks of votes he was hitting the required % distribution rate.. If that can be maintained it's going to be very close there.

Not that it makes a whole lot of difference in the overall scheme of things though.. Biden still has a clear EC victory.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Another one, wasn't there one the night before he came out and declared victory and fraud at the same time?

I don’t think there was one the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Also Nigerian Princes!

The Nigerians are subtle in comparison to team Trump

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Canice Picklington

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Would basically be a mix of American Psycho and Downfall.
    Mixed with Father Ted.

Advertisement