Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭omicron

Why haven't any networks called North Carolina or Alaska yet does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Rudy has a new video out entitled "Election theft of the century" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

E.V.E.R.Y time John King says "Election", my feckin Amazon Echo comes alive, thinking he called Alexa!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    So , the Biden lead in Georgia is now out to over 4000 which moves it firmly into "A recount is a waste of time" territory.

There's also more detail on the overseas ballots - There were ~8000 in total some of which are already in and counted , it's just that the deadline for receipt is later today.

In all likelihood there's only a handful that might yet arrive so they are not the potential magic bullet for Trump.

Georgia is done.

On the flip side , it does look like Trump is closing at a decent clip in Arizona and the last few blocks of votes he was hitting the required % distribution rate.. If that can be maintained it's going to be very close there.

Not that it makes a whole lot of difference in the overall scheme of things though.. Biden still has a clear EC victory.

Yeah Arizona is a strange one given its been called already by so many broadcasters and they don't seem to be retracting it either. Wonder if that will change

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

omicron wrote: »
    Why haven't any networks called North Carolina or Alaska yet does anyone know?

I think in NC's case their deadline for returned postal ballots etc is a few days away so they have said no final call until they are all in.

Alaska is something similar I believe plus just natural logistics delays.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don’t think there was one the other night.

Though one was called

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1324116138763128842?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

DubInMeath wrote: »

That was the day after the election, he didn't speak on the 4th after 2.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jo jo the eskimo

So outside the trump inner circle and folks with absolutely nothing to lose who are key names vocally backing up trumps bull****
    Hannity
    Ted cruz
    Lindsey Graham
    Newt Gringrich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

AZ, PA, NV and GA are all going for Biden, do any of these decision desks have the balls to just call it!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So outside the trump inner circle and folks with absolutely nothing to lose who are key names vocally backing up trumps bull****
    Hannity
    Ted cruz
    Lindsey Graham
    Newt Gringrich

Kevin McCarthy has been vocal , but hedging his bets a little.

The 1st ones to break ranks will be the freshly re-elected GOP Senators.

They've just been given another 6 year stint , Trump can't touch them win or lose.

If I was a GOP house or Senator due for re-election in 2022 I'd probably be hedging too , just in case he managed to get back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Biden's margin in NV has jumped another 2k or so. Now up above 22k.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Yeah Arizona is a strange one given its been called already by so many broadcasters and they don't seem to be retracting it either. Wonder if that will change

His "run rate" is slipping though , he was running slightly ahead of the required pace , but he's dropped back below the required level.

Biden should hold on , but it will be tight..

Might be thankful for that 0.1% recount threshold yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

35,000 seems to be the point they will call it. That figure moves Biden to outside the automatic recount margin.
    We will see 7000 shortly, and another 90,000 in 2 days time in PA. Very little inbetween.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Some Recount Rules

Arizona : automatic if less than 0.1%

Georgia : by request if 1% or less

Michigan : automatic if 2,000 votes or less

Nevada : by request

Pennsylvania : automatic if 0.5% or less

Wisconsin : by request if 1% or less

Hopefully we won't have to go through pregnant chads again.

His "run rate" is slipping though , he was running slightly ahead of the required pace , but he's dropped back below the required level.

Biden should hold on , but it will be tight..

Might be thankful for that 0.1% recount threshold yet.
    It seems it's actually improving there for Biden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,722 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If the election count is killing you guys, can you just imagine what it's doing to Donald Trump? It must be like slow water torture for the man. He's went from victory, to a slow, but unstoppable dribble of votes that has eroded his majority for days on end. I can promise you all, that this is destroying him on the inside.

Hopefully we won't have to go through pregnant chads again.
    I feel I learned something when I learned what a chad was. Knowledge like that is rare and wonderful. To know a chad, a hanging chad and a pregnant chad and their part in democracy is to know a universal truth: Punch the damn thing harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

If the election count is killing you guys, can you just imagine what it's doing to Donald Trump? It must be like slow water torture for the man. He's went from victory, to a slow, but unstoppable dribble of votes that has eroded his majority for days on end. I can promise you all, that this is destroying him on the inside.

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1324852450109624322

You could put that on pay-per-view. There'll be secret service agents tripping over each other to be rostered to work that day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Kevin McCarthy has been vocal , but hedging his bets a little.

The 1st ones to break ranks will be the freshly re-elected GOP Senators.

They've just been given another 6 year stint , Trump can't touch them win or lose.

If I was a GOP house or Senator due for re-election in 2022 I'd probably be hedging too , just in case he managed to get back in.

They are all hedging really. Hawley has been vocal on integrity issues, but isn't saying its stolen. Think Cotton adopting a similar tone.

Those two along with other 2024 hopefuls like Crenshaw and Haley all adopting a similar type tone "wait for all the votes be counted" ,,"trump ran a great race" etc as clearly trying to avoid the wrath of Trump but not totally look like idiots trying to defend the indefensible.

Its a tricky one for them, they want to run in 2024, but know if Trump SR wakes up one morning in a bad moon he can sink their campaign easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Yeah, Thoughts and Prayers!!!

• Advertisement

I called it death by one hundred thousand cuts when his lead in PA dropped to 100k. Hours went by as the margins were nibbled away bit by bit. And it was inevitable. We all knew. He knew. Must have been fun in the WH watching that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Great to see Trump / the Republicans do so well, especially in the Senate.

Haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread but given that so many were of the view that Trump had no chance, am at least hoping to see a few mea culpas and an admitance that it was a poor call.

It was never in doubt Trump would have a strong show and that he had not lost his base (as many had suggested) due to his "mishandling" of COVID. On the contrary, he had more votes in 2020 than 2016 and more of the Black and Hispanic vote also, despite the non-stop false absurd claims that he was a racist dog-whistling to Neo-Nazis.

Anyway, with regards to the voting:

Some US Potal Service Whistleblowers have come forward to Project Veritas and said they were either asked, or witnessed others being asked, to backdate ballots so they would be eligible to be counted:

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1324787243135938570

Tip of the iceberg, but would be interesting to find out just how many of these fraudulent votes went through in this manner, and especially with regards to any of the 4am vote dumps.

Twitter, of course, had their thumb firmly on the scales in the run up to this election, doing whatever they could to suppress the Trump vote by amplifying suppressive polls and dampening (to the point of extension) any stories which showed Biden in a bad light (him having lied about speaing with Hunter re his overseas business dealings etc). Well they are not letting up and today removed the autocomplete on #MailFraud that had been trending for the previous 48 hours.

Was great to see that the Trafalgar Polls I posted on the thread here, and also in CA, were almost as accurate as in 2016, despite them being sneered at and mocked:

https://twitter.com/RobertCahaly/status/1324108631726501891

Many, like in 2016, referred to the MSM amplified Polls that had Biden well clear as merely being inaccurate, but I'm not sure about that, as I believe in many cases it was much more sinister than that and one can't help but wonder if fraudulent voting is all that prevented the Trafalgar polls from being spot on once again. I guess time, as ever, will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Rjd2 wrote: »
    They are all hedging really. Hawley has been vocal on integrity issues, but isn't saying its stolen. Think Cotton adopting a similar tone.

Those two along with other 2024 hopefuls like Crenshaw and Haley all adopting a similar type tone "wait for all the votes be counted" ,,"trump ran a great race" etc as clearly trying to avoid the wrath of Trump but not totally look like idiots trying to defend the indefensible.

Its a tricky one for them, they want to run in 2024, but know if Trump SR wakes up one morning in a bad moon he can sink their campaign easily.

as I was saying.

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1324785764237017088

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Rjd2 wrote: »

This lunatic believes in QAnon.

(MTG I mean)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

3500 net ballots to Biden in PA

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread but given that so many were of the view that Trump had no chance, am at least hoping to see a few mea culpas and an admitance that it was a poor call.

It was never in doubt Trump would have a strong show and that he had not lost his base (as many had suggested) due to his "mishandling" of COVID. On the contrary, he had more votes in 2020 than 2016 and more of the Black and Hispanic vote also, despite the non-stop false absurd claims that he was a racist dog-whistling to Neo-Nazis.

Anyway, with regards to the voting:

Some US Potal Service Whistleblowers have come forward to Project Veritas and said they were either asked, or witnessed others being asked, to backdate ballots so they would be eligible to be counted:

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1324787243135938570

Tip of the iceberg, but would be interesting to find out just how many of these fraudulent votes went through in this manner, and especially with regards to any of the 4am vote dumps.

Twitter, of course, had their thumb firmly on the scales in the run up to this election, doing whatever they could to suppress the Trump vote by amplifying suppressive polls and dampening (to the point of extension) any stories which showed Biden in a bad light (him having lied about speaing with Hunter re his overseas business dealings etc). Well they are not letting up and today removed the autocomplete on #MailFraud that had been trending for the previous 48 hours.

Was great to see that the Trafalgar Polls I posted on the thread here, and also in CA, were almost as accurate as in 2016, despite them being sneered at and mocked:

https://twitter.com/RobertCahaly/status/1324108631726501891

Many, like in 2016, referred to the MSM amplified Polls that had Biden well clear as merely being inaccurate, but I'm not sure about that, as I believe in many cases it was much more sinister than that and one can't help but wonder if fraudulent voting is all that prevented the Trafalgar polls from being spot on once again. I guess time, as ever, will tell.

Yes, one can't help but wonder about fraudulent voting.

Jesus, give it a rest.

There's no conspiracy. Trump got out the vote in a way nobody expected. There WAS a blue wave but there was a red wave at the same time.

There's no conspiracy, there's no fraud. Trump just lost marginally.

Of course feel free to donate all your money to team trump to help them get to the bottom of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Pete, can I ask why you think the Republican senate vote held up so well if the votes were fraudulent? How do you square that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Great to see Trump / the Republicans do so well

Cracking performance so far. Really looking forward to seeing how Trump reacts to the ending.

Project Veritas again I see. Never was astro-turf more heavily worn. Not sure how anyone can quote that bunch with a straight face or a hinged mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

So I suppose he will just pretend he hasn't lost for the next 2 months then?

Advertisement