Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

From a quick google almost 7,000 US troops have lost their lives in action since 2001. That's 19 years. I'm open to correction on that if you find more accurate figures.

Over 200,000 have died, so far, on American soil due to the Corona Virus. The real number is supposedly much higher due to the underreporting of numbers, but let's say it's right, we'll say 200,000.

Many of those could have been easily prevented had Trump taken appropriate action. Obama left him a pandemic playbook, one that was tried and tested. He chose not to use that or take any real measures to stop the spread of the virus.

He may not have started any war, but he has more American blood on his hands than any other US president in recent history.
    Excess mortality is about 300,000.

Unless there is a road to Damascus conversion half a million Americans will have died from Covid caught on Trump's watch. And a legacy of lots of spreaders. Some epidemiologist will be able to work out how many people died by not following what the Europeans did. While the US is not an island it could very easily have self isolated and put pressure on Mexico and Canada to follow it's lead on quarantines and lockdowns. Of course that would have required leadership rather than populism.

Yes it's mostly old people who die but a lot of people haven't fully recovered from "Long Covid" and there's no telling what the future health costs will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Great to see Trump / the Republicans do so well, especially in the Senate.

Haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread but given that so many were of the view that Trump had no chance, am at least hoping to see a few mea culpas and an admitance that it was a poor call.

It was never in doubt Trump would have a strong show and that he had not lost his base (as many had suggested) due to his "mishandling" of COVID. On the contrary, he had more votes in 2020 than 2016 and more of the Black and Hispanic vote also, despite the non-stop false absurd claims that he was a racist dog-whistling to Neo-Nazis.

Anyway, with regards to the voting:

Some US Potal Service Whistleblowers have come forward to Project Veritas and said they were either asked, or witnessed others being asked, to backdate ballots so they would be eligible to be counted:

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1324787243135938570

Tip of the iceberg, but would be interesting to find out just how many of these fraudulent votes went through in this manner, and especially with regards to any of the 4am vote dumps.

Twitter, of course, had their thumb firmly on the scales in the run up to this election, doing whatever they could to suppress the Trump vote by amplifying suppressive polls and dampening (to the point of extension) any stories which showed Biden in a bad light (him having lied about speaing with Hunter re his overseas business dealings etc). Well they are not letting up and today removed the autocomplete on #MailFraud that had been trending for the previous 48 hours.

Was great to see that the Trafalgar Polls I posted on the thread here, and also in CA, were almost as accurate as in 2016, despite them being sneered at and mocked:

https://twitter.com/RobertCahaly/status/1324108631726501891

Many, like in 2016, referred to the MSM amplified Polls that had Biden well clear as merely being inaccurate, but I'm not sure about that, as I believe in many cases it was much more sinister than that and one can't help but wonder if fraudulent voting is all that prevented the Trafalgar polls from being spot on once again. I guess time, as ever, will tell.

Pete! Welcome back! You've been sorely missed!!

By the way, as you say you haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread, here's a quick summary:

Yer man you've spent 4 years excusing is toootally banjaxed! He's a busted flush who's hiding behind barriers in the White House and is rage-tweeting phlegm to his followers. And the People are grateful that he FINALLY built a double wall. It's around the White House! It's making a great canvas for all the People to express their artistic tendencies.. There's a common theme in the artwork. Among the many thousands of cards and well-wishes posted on his wall, I think the term "LOSER!" is figuring most prominently.

Apart from that, there's not much been happening really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    They are all hedging really. Hawley has been vocal on integrity issues, but isn't saying its stolen. Think Cotton adopting a similar tone.

Those two along with other 2024 hopefuls like Crenshaw and Haley all adopting a similar type tone "wait for all the votes be counted" ,,"trump ran a great race" etc as clearly trying to avoid the wrath of Trump but not totally look like idiots trying to defend the indefensible.

Its a tricky one for them, they want to run in 2024, but know if Trump SR wakes up one morning in a bad moon he can sink their campaign easily.

Speaking of Crenshaw did anyone of ye see his tweets to the Qanon congresswoman who’s just got elected ? He more or less told her to start acting like a member of Congress. It’s getting snarky within the GOP ranks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    This lunatic believes in QAnon.

(MTG I mean)

Of course she is awful.

However its going to be fascinating/hilarious watching how 2024 hopefuls handle the Trumpers.

Crenshaw has been pretty cynical of mail in voting and has said every irregularity should be checked in court but purity tests .....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,722 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I called it death by one hundred thousand cuts when his lead in PA dropped to 100k. Hours went by as the margins were nibbled away bit by bit. And it was inevitable. We all knew. He knew. Must have been fun in the WH watching that. :)
    I just have vision of the last days of the Furhrer in the Reichsbunker, epic Downfall-style stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

So I suppose he will just pretend he hasn't lost for the next 2 months then?
    Do what the Portuguese did with Salazar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Yes. Although I'm not sure I like this idea for a reboot of The Truman Show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Speaking of Crenshaw did anyone of ye see his tweets to the Qanon congresswoman who’s just got elected ? He more or less told her to start acting like a member of Congress. It’s getting snarky within the GOP ranks.

Doesn't she have a really safe house seat?

I think their is only 2 Qanon people in the house but they are going to be very loud for the next 2 years. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

Haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread but given that so many were of the view that Trump had no chance, am at least hoping to see a few mea culpas and an admitance that it was a poor call.

It was never in doubt Trump would have a strong show and that he had not lost his base (as many had suggested) due to his "mishandling" of COVID. On the contrary, he had more votes in 2020 than 2016 and more of the Black and Hispanic vote also, despite the non-stop false absurd claims that he was a racist dog-whistling to Neo-Nazis.

Some US Potal Service Whistleblowers have come forward to Project Veritas and said they were either asked, or witnessed others being asked, to backdate ballots so they would be eligible to be counted:

Tip of the iceberg, but would be interesting to find out just how many of these fraudulent votes went through in this manner, and especially with regards to any of the 4am vote dumps.

Twitter, of course, had their thumb firmly on the scales in the run up to this election, doing whatever they could to suppress the Trump vote by amplifying suppressive polls and dampening (to the point of extension) any stories which showed Biden in a bad light (him having lied about speaing with Hunter re his overseas business dealings etc). Well they are not letting up and today removed the autocomplete on #MailFraud that had been trending for the previous 48 hours.

Was great to see that the Trafalgar Polls I posted on the thread here, and also in CA, were almost as accurate as in 2016, despite them being sneered at and mocked:

Many, like in 2016, referred to the MSM amplified Polls that had Biden well clear as merely being inaccurate, but I'm not sure about that, as I believe in many cases it was much more sinister than that and one can't help but wonder if fraudulent voting is all that prevented the Trafalgar polls from being spot on once again. I guess time, as ever, will tell.

My brothers cousin heard from a source that Trump was seen in a Hiace van delivering a load of ballots to a count centre in Flordia, it was just enough ballots to win the state too weirdly.

Hmm whats that? Proof? Evidence? Not needed pal, just the accusation is enough proof of voter fraud being real don't you know. I mean just because so far all the fraud is in states that Trump is losing and none in the ones he won doesn't mean anything! Does it?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,839 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I just watched your video - the whistleblower specifically says they were NOT given any indication that these would be post dated. He just personally worried about it anyway, regardless, despite no order from anyone to do that.

The specific line; “The postmaster and the supervisor did not say that we’re going to backdate them”.

So they were simply asked to separate any of those late ballots from all other mail. And that’s it. Which is all as it should be. Everything else is his own paranoia, which he admits.

Seems like nothing to see here...

• Advertisement

Biden's lead in PA has just jumped to just under 20k. Slight drop in AZ to a lead of 38.5k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It seems it's actually improving there for Biden.

Seems Trump now has to overperform in votes later from Maricopa County and needs about 60%. Those votes due around 2am our time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Canice Picklington

Weekend* At Trumpie's

*11 of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,378 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

If the election count is killing you guys, can you just imagine what it's doing to Donald Trump? It must be like slow water torture for the man. He's went from victory, to a slow, but unstoppable dribble of votes that has eroded his majority for days on end. I can promise you all, that this is destroying him on the inside.

an insight into his mind right now:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324855496722026498

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

It was through bullshít and shítposting that Trump manged to rise to power and it's was because of his shítposting and bullshít that he was brought low by the majority of people he alienated. This election really has shown how Karma is a bítch and those who supported him and taunted those who supported Hillary in 2016 now are finding themselve in a "how the turntables" or "Reverse Uno" moment as their Troll Hero get's his comeuppance and Biden has managed to become the most voted for President in US history. Oh and let's not forget how this is being drawn out painfully for Trumpy because his party friends didnt want to count things in advance so we'd know the result sooner. Really has become a death by a thousand cuts process as his leads eroded into nothing and a principled candidate has eclipsed and defeated him.

Had he had some intelligence and decency he would have tried at least to avoid antagonising his opponents and tried broadening his support base but not only did he taunt them while dragging the office into the dirt along with the country reputationally wise he even alienated support bases like the military where he could have drawn support. His legacy might be an energised base of blatant idiots, racist and conspiracy junkies that will drive the republican party for a long time and McConnell might have gotten what he wanted for now but it's also energised the democrat base as well, Georgia being a key point in how they actually managed to flip a republican state blue simply by driving home the key message to get out and vote and things do happen. It could be this that in the long run starts pushing the real changes and reforms the US system badly needs at this point.

Biden's lead in PA has just jumped to just under 20k. Slight drop in AZ to a lead of 38.5k.

That was a significant overperformance by Biden in Allegheny County

You're living in a fantasy world of la la

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I just watched your video - the whistleblower specifically says they were NOT given any indication that these would be post dated. He just personally worried about it anyway, regardless, despite no order from anyone to do that.

The specific line; “The postmaster and the supervisor did not say that we’re going to backdate them”.

So they were simply asked to separate any of those late ballots from all other mail. And that’s it. Which is all as it should be. Everything else is his own paranoia, which he admits.

Seems like nothing to see here...

And most importantly , it's from Project Veritas and James O'Keefe who is literally incapable of telling the truth.

Can anyone point me to a single "Bombshell Exposé" from him that actually turned out to be remotely true?

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    That was a significant overperformance by Biden in Allegheny County
    Apparently there are more to come from there too.

And perhaps they will not..

His use of perhaps is a big change...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The posters that were saying Trump was God's chosen one have gone very quiet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Finally finally finally Republicans and Fox News are asking to see evidence for Trump's claims.

So like 20,000 lies in, they're asking for evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Doesn't she have a really safe house seat?

I think their is only 2 Qanon people in the house but they are going to be very loud for the next 2 years. :(

Well yeah but her tweets today seemed to not stick to the emerging party line of if not admitting defeat, at the very least trying to lower the temperature of the whole carry on. The respect the process line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Translation
    Hi, I'm Outlaw Pete. I've been hiding in my bunker since election night, concocting a way to return to the thread and yet retain my dignity and maybe even look like some sort of truthsayer.

Something something voter fraud...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Midlife wrote: »
    Finally finally finally Republicans and Fox News are asking to see evidence for Trump's claims.

So like 20,000 lies in, they're asking for evidence.

They live on the kind of Drama he causes and love to stir the pot when thing's aren't clear or too close to call but they're not fools they know once the numbers got past a certain point no amount of twsiting the truth was going to fly in the face of a solid and insurmountable lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Chomsky calls the Republicans the most dangerous organization in human history. They seem committed to the end of human civilization

Trump is done, but if they retain the senate they will spend the next 2 years blocking any moves to prevent action on climate change, improve the lives of impoverished Americans, reduce the influence of the military industrial complex, they’ll use their packed courts to overturn human and civil rights and their sole goal from 2022 will be to do whatever it takes to sieze power at the next election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Infini wrote: »
    They live on the kind of Drama he causes and love to stir the pot when thing's aren't clear or too close to call but they're not fools they know once the numbers got past a certain point no amount of twsiting the truth was going to fly in the face of a solid and insurmountable lead.

The GOP are fine with losing this election if they can control the senate. They’re handing over the reigns of a poisoned chalice, depressed economy, raging pandemic, divided society on a knife edge with ongoing riots and civil unrest... they will focus on blaming the Biden administration for everything while blocking him at every turn. And they’ll get away with it because the US media are a complete joke

Akrasia wrote: »
    Chomsky calls the Republicans the most dangerous organization in human history. They seem committed to the end of human civilization

Trump is done, but if they retain the senate they will spend the next 2 years blocking any moves to prevent action on climate change, improve the lives of impoverished Americans, reduce the influence of the military industrial complex, they’ll use their packed courts to overturn human and civil rights and their sole goal from 2022 will be to do whatever it takes to sieze power at the next election.

That modus operandi is increasingly shared by the mainstream international right-wing, backed up by a gigantic industrial bull**** machine, both in traditional media like newspapers, television and radio, and online.

The UK is feeling the force of it at the moment, and things are only going to get worse when two Fox News style TV stations launch there next year.

It's no exaggeration at all to say the international right-wing, in both their political and media forms, has become the deadly enemy of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jo jo the eskimo

He'll start acting presidential from now on I'm sure of it.

• Advertisement

Infini wrote: »
    It was through bullshít and shítposting that Trump manged to rise to power and it's was because of his shítposting and bullshít that he was brought low by the majority of people he alienated. This election really has shown how Karma is a bítch and those who supported him and taunted those who supported Hillary in 2016 now are finding themselve in a "how the turntables" or "Reverse Uno" moment as their Troll Hero get's his comeuppance and Biden has managed to become the most voted for President in US history. Oh and let's not forget how this is being drawn out painfully for Trumpy because his party friends didnt want to count things in advance so we'd know the result sooner. Really has become a death by a thousand cuts process as his leads eroded into nothing and a principled candidate has eclipsed and defeated him.

Had he had some intelligence and decency he would have tried at least to avoid antagonising his opponents and tried broadening his support base but not only did he taunt them while dragging the office into the dirt along with the country reputationally wise he even alienated support bases like the military where he could have drawn support. His legacy might be an energised base of blatant idiots, racist and conspiracy junkies that will drive the republican party for a long time and McConnell might have gotten what he wanted for now but it's also energised the democrat base as well, Georgia being a key point in how they actually managed to flip a republican state blue simply by driving home the key message to get out and vote and things do happen. It could be this that in the long run starts pushing the real changes and reforms the US system badly needs at this point.

Yep appears those accusing anyone who didn't support trump and highlighted any of the crap he did of being a snowflake have suddenly turned into snowflakes and not the alphas they claimed to be.

Advertisement