Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Midlife wrote: »
    There's no conspiracy, there's no fraud.

It would appear there was indeed fraud. Do you believe the USPS whistleblowers are lying?
    Trump just lost marginally.

All the more reason to make sure fraudulent votes don't get counted.

There also appears to be some software issues at play which need to be looked into:

https://twitter.com/kylenabecker/status/1324867717808050176

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It would appear there was indeed fraud. Do you believe the USPS whistleblowers are lying?

When they confirmed they weren't asked to do anything and they said they didn't do anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

He'll start acting presidential from now on I'm sure of it.

I think so too.

Great to see Trump / the Republicans do so well, especially in the Senate.

Haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread but given that so many were of the view that Trump had no chance, am at least hoping to see a few mea culpas and an admitance that it was a poor call.

It was never in doubt Trump would have a strong show and that he had not lost his base (as many had suggested) due to his "mishandling" of COVID. On the contrary, he had more votes in 2020 than 2016 and more of the Black and Hispanic vote also, despite the non-stop false absurd claims that he was a racist dog-whistling to Neo-Nazis.

Anyway, with regards to the voting:

Some US Potal Service Whistleblowers have come forward to Project Veritas and said they were either asked, or witnessed others being asked, to backdate ballots so they would be eligible to be counted:

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1324787243135938570

Tip of the iceberg, but would be interesting to find out just how many of these fraudulent votes went through in this manner, and especially with regards to any of the 4am vote dumps.

Twitter, of course, had their thumb firmly on the scales in the run up to this election, doing whatever they could to suppress the Trump vote by amplifying suppressive polls and dampening (to the point of extension) any stories which showed Biden in a bad light (him having lied about speaing with Hunter re his overseas business dealings etc). Well they are not letting up and today removed the autocomplete on #MailFraud that had been trending for the previous 48 hours.

Was great to see that the Trafalgar Polls I posted on the thread here, and also in CA, were almost as accurate as in 2016, despite them being sneered at and mocked:

https://twitter.com/RobertCahaly/status/1324108631726501891

Many, like in 2016, referred to the MSM amplified Polls that had Biden well clear as merely being inaccurate, but I'm not sure about that, as I believe in many cases it was much more sinister than that and one can't help but wonder if fraudulent voting is all that prevented the Trafalgar polls from being spot on once again. I guess time, as ever, will tell.

Trump looks like he's out the door, as you said a couple of weeks ago real America would speak on election day, and it certainly looks like they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

Graham wrote: »
    When they confirmed they weren't asked to do anything and they said they didn't do anything?

Thats not fair, don't use facts and logic against him. You know thats his weakness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,839 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

There also appears to be some software issues at play which need to be looked into:

The lad you showed doesn't even say he has any evidence of fraud, just that he's personally worried about it. He in fact says they were actively NOT told anything about backdating. By definition, I don't think he can even be called a whistleblower since he's not even making any allegations...

And all that in a post that gave air to that absolute cretin O'Keefe who believes Sandy Hook was faked, giving a sum total of absolutely nothing worth paying attention to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,934 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Can't help but chuckle when all of a sudden, Trump supporters care about election security and playing by the rules.

The mueller report makes it clear Trump welcomed foreign interference and yet that was a nothing burger?

Sure, jan!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You know how we know about that??

Because the system caught it and corrected it before the final numbers were tabulated.

Not a single vote was miscounted..

That is not evidence of Fraud - It's evidence of a one off glitch that was correctly identified and corrected immediately and had it not been found at that point, it would have been caught at the next round of validation that all the votes go through before they are publicly announced.

It shows a system that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Thats not fair, don't use facts and logic against him. You know thats his weakness

Plus we all know that the USPS was being led from the top by a newly appointed Biden supporter who had to be ordered by the courts to stop deliberately trying to disenfranchise postal voters....

I’m just connecting the dots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Akrasia wrote: »
    Chomsky calls the Republicans the most dangerous organization in human history. They seem committed to the end of human civilization

Trump is done, but if they retain the senate they will spend the next 2 years blocking any moves to prevent action on climate change, improve the lives of impoverished Americans, reduce the influence of the military industrial complex, they’ll use their packed courts to overturn human and civil rights and their sole goal from 2022 will be to do whatever it takes to sieze power at the next election.

I agree with everything here apart from rolling back the influence of the military industrial complex. That is not something Democrats are interested in pursuing. Unfortunately both parties have become the party of war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know this is about Biden and trump, bit as it seems the democrats will retain control of the house and presumably Nancy pelosi will still be speaker but for how long will the progressive wing of the democrats leave her in place ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Canice Picklington

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Yep appears those accusing anyone who didn't support trump and highlighted any of the crap he did of being a snowflake have suddenly turned into snowflakes and not the alphas they claimed to be.

Trump's whole shtick and the shtick of his supporters is based on an extreme form of political correctness.

Challenge them in any way at all, and they claim fake victimhood. Anything further you say only reinforces and deepens that sense of fake victimhood.

They are the very epitome of everything they claim to rail against.

They're a fooking joke, but nobody's laughing.

Well, maybe now we are given they've got their delicious comeuppance.

population wrote: »
    I agree with everything here apart from rolling back the influence of the military industrial complex. That is not something Democrats are interested in pursuing. Unfortunately both parties have become the party of war.

How many wars/military actions has a democrat president started in the last sixty years and how many have a republican president?

I say military actions as the U.S. hasn't actually officially declared war since the 1940s.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know this is about Biden and trump, bit as it seems the democrats will retain control of the house and presumably Nancy pelosi will still be speaker but for how long will the progressive wing of the democrats leave her in place ?

There are serious rumblings that Nancy won't be speaker.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Brian? wrote: »

There's definitely a lot of unhappiness about the performance in the congressional elections.

Largest ever vote total for a Democratic POTUS candidate and they lose seats in the House?

Something will have to change there .

population wrote: »

Democrats aren't interested in outsourcing US foreign policy to Russia, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    There's definitely a lot of unhappiness about the performance in the congressional elections.

Largest ever vote total for a Democratic POTUS candidate and they lose seats in the House?

Something will have to change there .

To be fair Trump did pull out record numbers as well. The overestimated polls didnt do any favours either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,777 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

DubInMeath wrote: »
    How many wars/military actions has a democrat president started in the last sixty years and how many have a republican president?

I say military actions as the U.S. hasn't actually officially declared war since the 1940s.

Clinton was pretty bad and Obama had his moments but Bush Jr. I still think was a worse president from an outside view than Trump. Sure Trump talks crap but Bush started conflicts that have changed the world very much for the worse and w are dealing with it through terrorism and a refugee crisis to this day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Tucker Carlson going in to territory Alex Jones wouldn't touch at the moment.

They spent last 6 months calling him the radical left and now are saying that he is a patsy for corporate America including Big Tech and Wall Street.

They kept on about him being in politics for 47 years, now they are saying that he is a simple shill for business companies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I believe (with zero evidence, I have to say, so its just an opinion), that Nancy (who played a blinder in 'marking' Trump) needs to rest on her laurels and hand on the baton. I'll leave it at that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

To be frank Pete. I don't even look into your posts anymore. You handed over your credability a long while back.

Not because of you alignment. Because of your partisan view of reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    You know how we know about that??

Because the system caught it and corrected it before the final numbers were tabulated.

Not a single vote was miscounted..

That is not evidence of Fraud - It's evidence of a one off glitch that was correctly identified and corrected immediately and had it not been found at that point, it would have been caught at the next round of validation that all the votes go through before they are publicly announced.

It shows a system that works.

A clear statement does need to be made around this which addresses:

1. In the State where the 'glitch' was found, what was done to redress it? What 'audit' has been done on the processes involved?
    2. Was/Is the same 'glitch' likely to have occurred in any other State?
    3. a) If yes, have those States checked whether it actually did occur or not?
    b) If no, can that be explained to ensure confidence?
    4. If 3 a) shows that it did occur elsewhere: What State(s)? What was the effect? What was done to redress? Has the redress been 'audited'?

Clear, open communication will deal with pernicious undercurrents alleging 'voter fraud', OR, the system didn't actually work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Right, so which one of the democratic members will take over ? Is AOC and her lot going to become speaker ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

Maricopa County are going to have their next big drop of about 60-70k votes at about 2am.

Probably could put to bed any chance of a Trump comeback in AZ if he cant get his numbers up close to 60%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,722 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

letowski wrote: »
    Maricopa County are going to have their next big drop of about 60-70k votes at about 2am.

Probably could put to bed any chance of a Trump comeback in AZ if he cant get his numbers up close to 60%.
    Just go to bed. The race is over, it's only a formality at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Right, so which one of the democratic members will take over ? Is AOC and her lot going to become speaker ?

AOC is a senator so while I believe she could be speaker she would be the first senator to do so. So basically, no, it'll be a representative, not a senator.

AOC is a senator so while I believe she could be speaker she would be the first senator to do so. So basically, no, it'll be a representative, not a senator.

AOC is a member of congress , not the Senate.

Technically yes , she could be speaker , but she absolutely will not be.

Not yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1324852450109624322

You could put that on pay-per-view. There'll be secret service agents tripping over each other to be rostered to work that day :D

He's not exactly handling this with class to say the least, but that's such a misleading headline when you read the story.

Clearly just looking for retweets.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Clinton was pretty bad and Obama had his moments but Bush Jr. I still think was a worse president from an outside view than Trump. Sure Trump talks crap but Bush started conflicts that have changed the world very much for the worse and w are dealing with it through terrorism and a refugee crisis to this day

Bush was an appalling president. He went to war on a lie and crashed the economy.

But he wasn't the first US president to go to war on a lie, Lyndon Johnson did so as well, though Johnson was a far superior president to Bush in every other way.

Bush was a stepping stone to Trump. Trump could not have happened without Bush.

But however bad Bush was, and he was terrible, he didn't sell his own country out like Trump did. He wouldn't have reacted as badly to Covid if it had happened on his watch. He at least tried to govern, if only in the utterly cack handed way that a bog standard useless, corporate Republican does. He didn't hate the people of his own country like Trump does. He didn't promote hatred between the people of his own country like Trump does. He didn't glory in sadism against his own people. He didn't praise Nazis and cultivate them as a private paramilitary group. He only created a parallel world of dystopian fantasy as regards some things, rather than literally everything. He wasn't quite as corrupt as Trump. He wasn't quite as anti-science as Trump. He didn't reject democracy to quite the same extent Trump does.

Trump would no doubt have crashed the US economy without a pandemic had he had another few years at it, and probably worse than Bush did. Crashing an economy takes time - even Bush only got around to it in his final year.

Bush left America in a place where it was possible, with some serious effort, to recover from what he did. I don't think Trump has. America now has to live with a rabid mob of 50-60 million people for whom basic truths are now a mortal attack on their whole identity.

Some legacy, and it will be a legacy, because the effects will be felt for a hell of a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

AOC is in the house. Not a senator.

Advertisement