Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm the party pooper in that while I'm happy to see the result confirmed, I feel like the shítshow will continue through the courts and God knows what the MAGA ultras will do between now and January. I fear someone will slip through the net and hope the FBI are on high alert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well done Mr President elect, well done.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,568 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I remember Wednesday night, I was just so gutted, couldnt understand how Trump was trashing Biden but the votes just kept coming in and bit by bit Biden was like a steam train steadily going along and soon turned into a bullet train

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭Patser

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm the party pooper in that while I'm happy to see the result confirmed, I feel like the shítshow will continue through the courts and God knows what the MAGA ultras will do between now and January. I fear someone will slip through the net and hope the FBI are on high alert.

Real theory now that Trump will resign in next few weeks, making Pence President, who will then pardon Trump before Biden gets in. Legally its possible.

Beyond that, it'll be fascinating to see who Trump does pardon before he goes

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

There is a lot of karma here.

Trump fights with John McCain - looks set to lose Arizona.

Trump fights with Philadelphia Eagles (and in turn the city) - Philadelphia causes him to lose the election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Patser wrote: »
    Real theory now that Trump will resign in next few weeks, making Pence President, who will then pardon Trump before Biden gets in. Legally its possible.

He can only pardon federal crimes, the SDNY are gonna be on him like a fly on sh1t and he can do nothing about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

This makes me so happy! I lived in the US when trump was elected. The despair and upset the morning after the election was palpable. My friends, some of who are more like family are so relieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

I know people are sceptical about what Biden will/can do to solve the issues but it's miles better than having Trump in charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

cefh17 wrote: »

More lies to come from a sore loser

Would he just Accept defeat and move out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Headshot wrote: »
    Wouldnt you love Biden news conference now and say "Trump you're fired"

Lol. Only one thing could make this funnier is if Trump had won the popular vote and lost the election!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

No memes please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Patser wrote: »

I don't think Pence even likes Trump. That plan could fall flat on his face pretty quickly. Be great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,839 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Giuliani already out talking about lawsuits starting Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,938 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Faugheen wrote: »
    There is a lot of karma here.

Trump fights with John McCain - looks set to lose Arizona.

Trump fights with Philadelphia Eagles (and in turn the city) - Philadelphia causes him to lose the election.

Don't forget Michigan and Georgia too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Statement from the Trump campaign, predictably enough he's not accepting it:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/statement-from-president-donald-j.-trump/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,568 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rudy Giuliani speaking, well that's me out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nice of cnn to call it during half time in the cork vs Dublin game. Well they took their time but at least they’ve made the call. Btw it’s cork winning by 7 points with the water break just happening.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Giuliani already out talking about lawsuits starting Monday.

I think he has plenty of them to worry about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,448 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

To paraphrase JFK somewhat:

"I take pride in the words, so long Trump"

I wonder if I can get

#BrokeAssBunkerBitchImpeachedOneTermPresident

trending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,839 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Headshot wrote: »
    Rudy Giuliani speaking, well that's me out

Yeah, he went onto mute as soon as he started saying that no mail in ballots were being checked, and that anyone could have written anything at all in there. I'm not sure he knows how the mail in ballots work...

I like that CNN are just ignoring it entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Fox news talking about lawsuits lawsuits lawsuits and that this is only an initial count !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm just elated right now.

What a delight it will be to have a grown up who listens to science in the White House. A President and VP who possess empathy and compassion. A leader of the free world who doesn't peddle constant mistruths and pander to Q anon crazies.

What a great moment this is in such an awful year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I cant watch that guy anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Giuliani from hero of 11/9 to stooge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

President-Elect has released a statement:

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1325120128426471430

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Rikand wrote: »
    I cant watch that guy anymore

I watched out of morbid curiosity up until he started naming dead people who voted
    Actually, he wasn't even naming the deceased, he said Will Smith's dad voted twice since he died FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Why did they do that press conference from a small landscaping company?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Absolutely delighted. I've so many American friends and an American son so this really matters to me

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement