Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,938 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: No memes please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

cefh17 wrote: »
    Can't wait to go to bed at a normal hour tonight!

Biden's speaking at 1am Irish Time. FFS, I'll have to watch that even if I have to set an alarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Have we still have no reason given to us why Rudi is having his press conference outside a sex shop yet????

I need to know, it's the most fitting end to this sh*tshow and I need to know which genius came up with this iconic ending.

Here come the congratulatory calls!!!!!!!

Trump will feel like a teenager with someone walking off with his prom date lol

"Wait wait! You can't do that!!!"

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1325121342568505346?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Party is @ Atlanta RN.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Have we still have no reason given to us why Rudi is having his press conference outside a sex shop yet????

I need to know, it's the most fitting end to this sh*tshow and I need to know which genius came up with this iconic ending.
    I had an answer written out relating to Borat 2, discount vouchers etc. but I had to cut it as it probably would fail to meet the standards of this forum for post quality. My guess is they randomly googled mapped around and picked it as the location based on the name alone; that would be about their usual effort level in research and planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Does this mean Bill Barr is history too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,619 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Had a parcel to collect maybe? Thought he might as well kill two birds with one stone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

In January yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Party is @ Atlanta RN.

Everywhere seems to he rockin, Washington, NY, Phillie...
    A huge chorus of that La la la,la, hey hey, good bye outside the Whitehouse.

It's like liberation day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

everlast75 wrote: »
    Things I cannot wait for

3) biden's inauguration (which Trump won't attend)

Has this ever happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Good question, is there any talk about going after him for his more than questionable behaviour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Biden will pick his own AG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I’m delighted Trump lost, probably one of the most satisfying thing of 2020.

But these pictures of Philadelphia on CNN are kind of a bit surprising. The democrats are supposed to be all about being safe during COVID. I’m not complaining , it shows how relieved people are that Trump lost but if these were republicans celebrating a Trump win there would be uproar. Also shows how we will all interpret the same actions of different people depending on what we support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There was a great piece on Biden there on the BBC just now. Worth looking out for later. Great bit in it when the reporters were clamouring around him:

Reporter: 'Mr. Biden! A quick word for the BBC!'

Biden: 'The BBC? I'm Irish!' (smiles)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

SNIP. No memes please.

Just a note to thank posters on this thread (and another which I got banned on for over exuberance lol)

It was very therapeutic to chat with others on here over the past 4 years to discuss the outrageous behaviour, have others understand the gravity and somehow it helped cope with the madness. Some very astute and witty people on here.

Overall - It was a tough time for those who gave a ****.

(Apologies too to the mods for bothering ye too)

I'll be raising a glass to end what was an awful and disgusting time in American politics.

Cheers. Onwards and upwards, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,780 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Had a parcel to collect maybe? Thought he might as well kill two birds with one stone.

We need to start an after hours thread so we can just go wild with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

There was a great piece on Biden there on the BBC just now. Worth looking out for later. Great bit in it when the reporters were clamouring around him:

Nice will keep a lookout for that

• Advertisement

Fox showin the celebrations in NYC even a sign saying "Don the con is gone" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,780 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Drumpot wrote: »

But these pictures of Philadelphia on CNN are kind of a bit surprising. The democrats are supposed to be all about being safe during COVID. I’m not complaining , it shows how relieved people are that Trump lost but if these were republicans celebrating a Trump win there would be uproar. Also shows how we will all interpret the same actions of different people depending on what we support.

They are outside, not bunched up and wearing masks.
    " I’m not complaining" sure you are not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭xper

Last sentence of Trump’s statement following the result:
    “I will not rest until The American People have the honest vote count they deserve...”

... issued while he’s on the fifth hole.

Ok so.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Drumpot wrote: »

Yeah I felt the same tbh

Stupidity WRT Covid isn't a partisan problem, even if Trump encouraged it

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Five Eighth

Some might view Trump a buffoon, an ignoramus, uncouth, coarse and semi-illiterate but…he does, as far as others are concerned, represent the views of many US citizens. Amongst these citizens are ‘working-class’ working white men and women. These citizens, sometimes referred to as the ‘left behinds’ view their world as disappearing before their eyes because of:
    -Mass immigration
    - Globalisation
    - Indifference towards national traditions
    - Stifling political correctness
    - Identity politics
    - Hyper individualism
    - Growing gap between rich and poor

Many of them have no longer the possibility of well-paid industrial work as the old industries close and, in their place, the gig economy, minimum wages, poor working conditions with weak or no union representation. Many are suffering from intense anxiety about their looming status as a minority group in their own country.

These are decent, hard-working people who are not ‘deplorables’ and should have their legitimate views respected by the political class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

breezy1985 wrote: »
    They are outside, not bunched up and wearing masks.
    " I’m not complaining" sure you are not

Some Trumps rallies were outside , what has that got to do with anything?

Glad CNN pointed out that Biden wouldn’t approve. They are bunched up in some areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

signostic wrote: »
    Biden will pick his own AG

Amy Klobucher a possibility, I wonder?

Great day for Co Mayo, perhaps they will crown it winning the All Ireland in December :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,568 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Feck love to see a video of this now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Some might view Trump a buffoon, an ignoramus, uncouth, coarse and semi-illiterate but…he does, as far as others are concerned, represent the views of many US citizens. Amongst these citizens are ‘working-class’ working white men and women. These citizens, sometimes referred to as the ‘left behinds’ view their world as disappearing before their eyes because of:
    -Mass immigration
    - Globalisation
    - Indifference towards national traditions
    - Stifling political correctness
    - Identity politics
    - Hyper individualism
    - Growing gap between rich and poor

Many of them have no longer the possibility of well-paid industrial work as the old industries close and, in their place, the gig economy, minimum wages, poor working conditions with weak or no union representation. Many are suffering from intense anxiety about their looming status as a minority group in their own country.

These are decent, hard-working people who are not ‘deplorables’ and should have their legitimate views respected by the political class.

GTF with your 'should have their legitimate views respected by the political class' while claiming that political correctness is stifling and Identity politics or hyper individualism is an issue.

I believe you and other Trump fans believe what you have written and for me is another reason to be absolutely delighted with the result and Trump having been kicked out after 1 term.

Advertisement