Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,206 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

paul71 wrote: »
    That speech is the difference between someone who reads Seamus Heaney and a previous president who reads Donald Duck.

And the bible. Joe actually has read the bible and knows what it says unlike fake Trump who never did and just pretended to.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

this drone light show is pretty cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

AMKC wrote: »
    And the bible. Joe actually has reed the bible and knows what it says unlike fake Trump who never did and just pretended to.

It was powerful, Sleepy Joe my arse, I did not know he had that in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Joe has begun to look younger already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Great speech, lots of togetherness talk. Quite refreshing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

So much for "Sleepy Joe"

Such an articulate speech, Trump couldn't spell it out with his fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well that was nice to hear. Kamala Harris gave a very good speech and if I’m as lucid and healthy as joe Biden when I’m 77 I’ll take it. Also, at end when their families came on stage the contrast between these families and the trumps was night and day because the Bidens seemed like they actually love each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,818 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Only two American presidents have been catholic - JFK and Biden, both of Irish descent.

Maybe the Italian's haven't been sending their best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well that was nice to hear. Kamala Harris gave a very good speech and if I’m as lucid and healthy as joe Biden when I’m 77 I’ll take it. Also, at end when their families came on stage the contrast between these families and the trumps was night and day because the Bidens seemed like they actually love each other.

I don't know why it is but over the years it just seems that Democrats seem to be nicer and more grounded people than Republicans.

Makes no sense to me why it is that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He addressed the right points. I agree he looks a lot better too. He must be so relieved the circus show antics are over and he can now deal with grown-ups.

Very refreshing to hear a Presidential speech that doesn't resort to taking shots at opponents. I'd forgotten what they were like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,818 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He addressed the right points. I agree he looks a lot better too. He must be so relieved the circus show antics are over and he can now deal with grown-ups.

Very refreshing to hear a Presidential speech that doesn't resort to taking shots at opponents. I'd forgotten what they were like.

The biggest thing for me is just the projection of competence. Almost forgot what it sounded like.

Only two American presidents have been catholic - JFK and Biden, both of Irish descent.

I know all JFKs Greatgrandparents were Irish, I think Biden said he has 5 out of 8 of his were, I wonder if the others may have been Italian.

Also interesting that he didn't mention Trump or voting fraud allegations at all. Just not giving them any oxygen at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Trump's crowd hadn't a notion how to behave on that stage 4 years ago. No real sense in them that they had won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭nc6000

murpho999 wrote: »
    Also interesting that he didn't mention Trump or voting fraud allegations at all. Just not giving them any oxygen at all.

That was never never going to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

They got the supreme court justices instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,206 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

paul71 wrote: »
    It was powerful, Sleepy Joe my arse, I did not know he had that in him.

Yep showing Trump up for the fake he is. That's all Trump was ever good at bullying and calling people names but it's going to come back and haunt him now and show how wrong he was. That is a bullies worst fear been shown up to be wrong.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

nc6000 wrote: »
    That was never never going to happen

It's normal in a victory speech to mention the incumbent. Normally to say they had been called by them to concede and congratulate.

No doubt Trump hasn't called him.

He could have reacted to Sleepy Joe or voter fraud or attacks on Hunter but he showed class and just ignored him as an irrelevance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

I don't know about you folks, but today was a uplifting day.

It's been one rough year. I've lost a love one. But you have to keep the hope and faith that things will get better.

Joe Biden's story put it best: "Remember, as my grandpop said when I walked out of our home when I was a kid up in Scranton, he said 'Joey, keep the faith.' Our grandmother when she was alive said 'no, spread it. Spread the faith!" We needed that.

Today was a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

letowski wrote: »
    I don't know about you folks, but today was a uplifting day.

It's been one rough year. I've lost a love one. But you have to keep the hope and faith that things will get better.

Joe Biden's story put it best: "Remember, as my grandpop said when I walked out of our home when I was a kid up in Scranton, he said 'Joey, keep the faith.' Our grandmother when she was alive said 'no, spread it. Spread the faith!" We needed that.

Today was a good day.

Glad it was a good day friend. Sorry for your loss. Hopefully there are many more good days ahead for you.

• Advertisement

What age are you? Eight? Still reading fairy stories?

No, why are you asking insulting questions?

Just in my time of following American politics, for some reason Democratic leaders have appealed to me more as people (regardless of their politics) more so than Republicans.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

A lot of people are going to be mesmerized by this because the Trump campaign set such a low bar for him.

Anyone with any interest in American politics outside of the Trump circus knows what Biden is capable of and what he stands for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

How cool would it be to have a pint with this guy in Galway!

https://twitter.com/JohnKingCNN/status/1325262184000139264

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Faugheen wrote: »
    A lot of people are going to be mesmerized by this because the Trump campaign set such a low bar for him.

Anyone with any interest in American politics outside of the Trump circus knows what Biden is capable of and what he stands for.

And what is it he stands for exactly? enlighten the unwashed

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Blanco100 wrote: »

Try asking me the same question with a bit of decorum, class and in good faith and I might take your request seriously.

Like I said, anyone whether you’re a Republican or a Democrat knows what he stands for, if you have any kind of interest in American politics outside of the Trump circus.

Worth pointing out that Biden's lead in Georgia has stretched to 9160 as of about two hours ago. It may have been in this thread and I missed it.

North Carolina looks run with a win for Trump whilst Georgia will almost certainly be called for Biden after the recount; a margin like that would need an enormous issue, which as we know, there is zero reason to think exists.

Final EC will surely be 306-232. Really happy that there's a significant distance in the end. Getting over four million votes and losing the election would have been ridiculous.

Blanco100 wrote: »

https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/

His entire election manifesto is in there. (Oddly Trump did not have one)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Worth pointing out that Biden's lead in Georgia has stretched to 9160 as of about two hours ago. It may have been in this thread and I missed it.

North Carolina looks run with a win for Trump whilst Georgia will almost certainly be called for Biden after the recount; a margin like that would need an enormous issue, which as we know, there is zero reason to think exists.

Final EC will surely be 306-229. Really happy that there's a significant distance in the end. Getting over four million votes and losing the election would have been ridiculous.

306-232 (presume it’s Alaska you’re missing there)

The more the gap the better. Whatever about Bush v Gore, it was all focused on the one state (Florida) whereas if Biden has breathing space in Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Georgia he has no case.

The world has accepted that Joe Biden has won the election. Thankfully we can move on now and work to ensure that there’s no repeat in 2024.

marno21 wrote: »
    306-232 (presume it’s Alaska you’re missing there)

The more the gap the better. Whatever about Bush v Gore, it was all focused on the one state (Florida) whereas if Biden has breathing space in Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Georgia he has no case.

The world has accepted that Joe Biden has won the election. Thankfully we can move on now and work to ensure that there’s no repeat in 2024.

Indeed, thanks for spotting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,094 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

EmP7KDGVMAE_5um?format=jpg&name=small

44542856594f4c71a752d00b1da43fe3.gif

What will @CREWcrew have left to tweet about? Their wall is full of so much of their bull****...

Advertisement