Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭amandstu

DubInMeath wrote: »
    He tried to spin it that Pfizer got money off the trump administration for their vaccine and his supporters on here and elsewhere have been parroting it since despite evidence that he was talking bs as usual same as how they defended how he handled the pandemic.

Given that covid was apparently not a high priority with voters and his administration stated before the election that they had given up trying to control the spread and were just waiting on a vaccine, I don't think that if one of the drug companies announced before the election it would have swung many votes his way.

It would have dominated the news cycle and allowed him to spew a new strain of BS.

Made the election tighter perhaps although many had already voted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Jesus, I thought we had jumped the shark, but the loons have now got a whole new conspiracy theory, courtesy of OANN and that great bastion of truth, Congressman Louis Gomert.

Now, put down any hot drinks, babies ye might be holding etc. before ye read this:

The US Army has raided a premises in Frankfurt, Germany and have take custody of a server (why is it always a ****ing server?) that is owned by a Spanish company based in Barcelona, that 'proves categorically' that, on Election night, Trump had won not 270, no; not 306, no; but 410 Electoral votes!

Ah, FFS!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ab_channel=DanielMalice&v=FKdDeWQaBjI

*sigh* I mean if your gonna fake that much nonsense, they may as well have given him all the electoral votes. Hell, say he won like 630 of them....they had to go and make more electoral votes, he won that bigly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,238 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thankfully the Pennsylvania Supreme Court have told Trump where to go in regards his lawsuit. I know they have more options however dwindling they may be, but surely to Christ someone around him needs say stop and get his GSA appointee to start the transition process and stop messing. Even Andrew Jackson if only briefly was gracious towards John Quincy Adams when he lost. I can see him leaving for Mara logo in early January and not returning to the White House.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,698 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Thankfully the Pennsylvania Supreme Court have told Trump where to go in regards his lawsuit. I know they have more options however dwindling they may be, but surely to Christ someone around him needs say stop and get his GSA appointee to start the transition process and stop messing. Even Andrew Jackson if only briefly was gracious towards John Quincy Adams when he lost. I can see him leaving for Mara logo in early January and not returning to the White House.

No, he'll go for Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

looksee wrote: »
    No, he'll go for Christmas.

I hope so. Once he leaves the White House they should not let him back in again.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Water John

He's not leaving the WH for Thanksgiving.

Water John wrote: »
    He's not leaving the WH for Thanksgiving.

He’s worried he won’t get in. I see he’s also fired the DHS official who released the statement about the election just gone as being the most secure one ever. So saying elections were on the up and up is a bad thing now ?

And it seems that GOP chaired board of electors in Wayne county has said she is willing to certify results in all parts of the county bar Detroit. At some point subtlety has vanished if it existed at all.

I listened to a podcast about the 2000 election called fiasco and in one of the episodes the host sums it up well, when he said “the gop don’t care if they look like hypocrites, they just don’t like losing” which even though it was in relation to an event 20 years ago could easily be attached to the same party today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

He’s worried he won’t get in. I see he’s also fired the DHS official who released the statement about the election just gone as being the most secure one ever. So saying elections were on the up and up is a bad thing now ?

That is because the official, didn't know, what he is talking about or is lying.
    Voter fraud is rampant.

"Starting on April 1, 2018, illegal aliens in California who have recently obtained state driver's licenses legally, or obtained them previously by lying about their immigration status, will automatically be registered to vote."

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/01/illegals_in_california_with_drivers_licenses_eligible_to_vote_after_april_1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

And it seems that GOP chaired board of electors in Wayne county has said she is willing to certify results in all parts of the county bar Detroit. At some point subtlety has vanished if it existed at all.

I listened to a podcast about the 2000 election called fiasco and in one of the episodes the host sums it up well, when he said “the gop don’t care if they look like hypocrites, they just don’t like losing” which even though it was in relation to an event 20 years ago could easily be attached to the same party today.

It was announced they reversed the decision and voted 4-0 in favour of certifying the results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Who is going to be fired from homeland security for this statement? Krebs or someone else?
    Good call sir. Krebs has now been fired. I'm sure we're all shocked to hear this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

That is because the official, didn't know, what he is talking about or is lying.
    Voter fraud is rampant.

"Starting on April 1, 2018, illegal aliens in California who have recently obtained state driver's licenses legally, or obtained them previously by lying about their immigration status, will automatically be registered to vote."

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/01/illegals_in_california_with_drivers_licenses_eligible_to_vote_after_april_1.html

It's a little more complicated than that.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/11/fact-check-non-citizens-cannot-vote-california-elections/5285081002/
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/california-motor-voter-act/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

That American Thinker blog is mental, full of poorly written conspiracy theories. Anyone using that as a serious source would want to have a serious look at themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

That American Thinker blog is mental, full of poorly written conspiracy theories. Anyone using that as a serious source would want to have a serious look at themselves.

They're scurrying to find new sources of information since even most presenters on Fox now will no longer peddle the BS.

Probably going to see a significant amount of activity in the media over the coming months/years.

Will Parler attract significant numbers at Twitters loss?
    What way will Fox develop? Likely will be influenced by Hannity and Carlson and what Trump might end up doing with respect to his own activities wrt the media.

One things for sure, the likes of Steve Bannon and Alex Jones are probably ecstatic at the division since the election and they and many others will look to harness this market.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

One things for sure, the likes of Steve Bannon and Alex Jones are probably ecstatic at the division since the election and they and many others will look to harness this market.

The left are equally culpable of sowing division. The Dems need to take a long hard look at themselves after losing the Senate elections and, despite 4 years of crazy, seeing Trump poll nearly 10 million more than last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The left are equally culpable of sowing division. The Dems need to take a long hard look at themselves after losing the Senate elections and, despite 4 years of crazy, seeing Trump poll nearly 10 million more than last time.

Trump won a smaller percentage of the turnout than he did in 2016.
    He's less popular now than he was then. No surprise there of course, he's been abysmal.

That's some serious messing with statistics you're doing there. 10 million more voted for him than last time yet he's less popular?

Its actually quite something when you consider virtually the entire media, print and TV, along with big tech spent 4 years discrediting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,735 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The political left abandoned it's base long ago, there's also effectively been no left leaning political representation in American politics for a very long time, the dems aren't left leaning, particularly economically

Its actually quite something when you consider virtually the entire media, print and TV, along with big tech spent 4 years discrediting him.

....and they were right, he's clearly useless at politics and also in business, in fact there's not much he's really good at, I suspect he's terrible at golf to, even with all his practice

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    The political left abandoned it's base long ago, there's also effectively been no left leaning political representation in American politics for a very long time, the dems aren't left leaning, particularly economically

Maybe not economically but they're woke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,940 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A good recap of the various legal battles brought by Trump, the "basis" for the claims and where they are at

https://twitter.com/NewDay/status/1328692932392718338?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,221 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

That's some serious messing with statistics you're doing there. 10 million more voted for him than last time yet he's less popular?

Yes he won a lower percentage of the total turnout than he did last time therefore he is less popular than he was in 2016 with the total number of voters.

what?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,743 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Truly insightful political commentary there.

Fit neatly into a tweet actually

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

Please read the charter, in particular:
    High standards of debate and quality posts / threads are required. Repeated one liner, low quality style posts will result in a ban. Threads (and posts) that are not based on serious and legitimate Political discussion will be deleted without warning.

Cryptic one-liners such as this definitely fall into that category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭Patser

I know it's a bit of twitter dump, but:

Donald Trump, overnight and by Twitter, sacks Chris Krebs his director of Cybersecurity, for the serious offence of not backing his claims of fraud.

Everyone queues up to take pot shots at Trump, including Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker himself)

Which leads to Chris Krebs - now with zero fecks left to give about Trump, to go Ultra Star Wars on Twitter to tear Trump apart.

https://twitter.com/C_C_Krebs/status/1328953421882413056

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Trump had to be talked out of launching a military strike on Irans main nuclear facility the other day, who knows what he’ll do now out of spite, crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,377 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

VinLieger wrote: »
    Hes actually such a whinging, pathetic, petulant little child that hes looking to start a war, any war, not for diplomatic, political or strategic reasons but just to leave Biden with an impossible mess of a problem.

As much as I’d hate to see another pointless war the laugh at all the he didn’t start a war posts would be hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Patser wrote: »
    I know it's a bit of twitter dump, but:

Donald Trump, overnight and by Twitter, sacks Chris Krebs his director of Cybersecurity, for the serious offence of not backing his claims of fraud.

Everyone queues up to take pot shots at Trump, including Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker himself)

Which leads to Chris Krebs - now with zero fecks left to give about Trump, to go Ultra Star Wars on Twitter to tear Trump apart.

https://twitter.com/C_C_Krebs/status/1328953421882413056

Heavily enjoyed the Mandalorian reference in the tweet. Excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Trump had to be talked out of launching a military strike on Irans main nuclear facility the other day, who knows what he’ll do now out of spite, crazy stuff.
    As much as I like to give out about Trump any reports I read about that didn't put it like that. He asked the military for options, they presented some, and he decided against military action. Sounds like a pretty regular course of events for any president. He's a big enough lunatic with what he honestly does without having to twist normal events against him.

Advertisement