Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

It'll be up to the courts to decide whether these claims are crazy, not the biased news networks who pushed the baseless Russia-collusion narrative from 2016. All we can do is wait and see.

Here's the full press conference for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8LiGZhK-bg

Biased News Networks? Even Fox News have said it was rubbish, Tucker Carlson of all people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,221 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Try sitting all the way through the video. This "32 cases" conspiracy-theory is thoroughly debunked in the video.

How is it a conspiracy theory? Its a literal fact that they have lost 31 out of 32 cases taken. And no i'm not gonna scrub through that garbage to find what lie they are trotting out, link the time code and video if you really think they validly explain it away.

Whats is my new favorite conspiracy theory is Hugo Chavez, who is dead, is responsible for the election being stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Lord PuppyMcSnuggle of Cuddleshire

Roanmore wrote: »
    Biased News Networks? Even Fox News have said it was rubbish, Tucker Carlson of all people.
    Fox also called (contested) Arizona for Biden before any other network, and have lost 40%+ of their audience as a result. Tucker's refusal to give credence to election irregularities has tanked his ratings among his base.

I'm following this **** like an episode of Game of Thrones, all I can say is this is completely mental. The democrats had their day in court with the Russia-collusion impeachment and came up with nothing... now the shoe is on the other foot, and all of a sudden the election process is immune to corruption? Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,377 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Game of thrones was fantasy?

VinLieger wrote: »
    Its a literal fact that they have lost 31 out of 32 cases taken
    Ok, I'll give you the short version...

According to Giuliani, these weren't his cases. They were cases brought by other private individuals. Some of them, before election night.

He addresses this directly in the full press-conference... but I guess you can't watch the whole thing without vomiting?

I mean, I get it... I was like that with Bush Jr., I wouldn't sit through 90 mins of his bóllox either, unless there were several hilarious gaffs to be heard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

According to Giuliani, these weren't his cases. They were cases brought by other private individuals. Some of them, before election night.

He addresses this directly in the full press-conference... but I guess you can't watch the whole thing without vomiting?

I mean, I get it... I was like that with Bush Jr., I wouldn't sit through 90 mins of his bóllox either, unless there were several hilarious gaffs to be heard.

But -

At his "Press Conference" Guiliani claims they have huge evidence of Voter fraud all across the country , yet in HIS court case , their submission EXPLICITLY says that they have no evidence of Voter fraud and that their challenges are based solely on various technicalities around what votes should/should not be included.

So -
    • In front of a TV camera where truth doesn't matter - It's FRAUD!! , THEFT!!! , CORRUPTION!!!
    • In front of a Judge , where lack of Truth will get you jail time - No Fraud at all your honor , we just want to argue some technicalities.

It's a Grift to get cash from soft touches in the Trump base , nothing more , nothing less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,619 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Even CNN was there... it was a press conference, sorry.

Try actually watching the full video. These are opening statements, that outline what will be proven... not a presentation of evidence.

Which isn't going to matter in court, no more than Trump's weird hair, spotty face-tan, small hands, or any number of other low-information-voter ad-hominem talking points.

Try sitting all the way through the video. This "32 cases" conspiracy-theory is thoroughly debunked in the video.

Yes, it's a shít-show... I think everyone can agree with that. But on one side you have mad-man Hitler Trump attempting a coup, or corrupt democrat true-believers thinking they have the right to circumvent democracy because they know better. And with the attitude from leftists from the past 4 years, I know which conspiracy theory is sounding more credible to me.

I don't need to sit through it, I watched it live! 32 cases have been thrown out of court, Rudi may not have bought the cases but he sure as shìt was involved in some of them.

They also claimed this tampering has been going on for many years, does that mean Trump isn’t a legitimate president because the election was "tampered with"?

The truth is that this is Trumps second last ploy to hold onto power, it will fail and then we will see him attempt to tamper with the electoral college candidates.

Do you have any evidence to support this statement? Or have you read this in a tweet somewhere from a deranged orange-u-tan
    Even CNN is reporting a mass-exodus from Fox News by Trump supporters. Look it up chief.

Fox also called (contested) Arizona for Biden before any other network, and have lost 40%+ of their audience as a result. Tucker's refusal to give credence to election irregularities has tanked his ratings among his base.

LOL they did this because they were running off incorrect data, there was an error in the api from the main count centre so everyone was seeing it as 98% counted but it was actually only 86%. FOX and the AP called it before the error was fixed and refused to go back on their calls, turns out they were right though so fair play for sticking to their guns.

Also second LOL because you obviously have r/conservative on google alert if your spouting that fox news figures story which is the only place ive seen it today, fyi the daily wire is an even less reputable source than fox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

VinLieger wrote: »

Whats is my new favorite conspiracy theory is Hugo Chavez, who is dead, is responsible for the election being stolen.

You don't think it's possible Hugo would have altered Election results if it was possible you know he would have the same goes for the Democrats, anyone watching the run up to the election could see Biden hadn't a chance of beating Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Move on folks. The election is over and the Trump presidency is history. He knows that and is building his next career in the media. Giuliani is auditioning for a job, as are others.

He will take audience share from Fox and with 70+ million gullible voters he can approach advertisers with confidence.

Plenty of money in that and a platform to feed his ego. That will keep him happy and busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

They were the Trumps teams cases.
    Do really believe what comes out of giuliani’s mouth?

Any comment on the **** show of the case in PA he is currently running where they removed most of the complaints in the amended documents only for Giuliani to state not they weren’t removed they are still in there.
    Then during the case he had to be explained by the judge how to lodge an amendment.
    Never mind the fact that now they lodged an amendment and even signed judge Branns name on the amendment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Even CNN is reporting a mass-exodus from Fox News by Trump supporters. Look it up chief.

make false statements, throw in some unsound stats to back up previous false statement, then tell everyone else to 'look it up'

Sounds Legit.

Do people just keep a bucket load of accounts stored on a notepad somewhere for logging in randomly.

You don't think it's possible Hugo would have altered Election results if it was possible you know he would have the same goes for the Democrats, anyone watching the run up to the election could see Biden hadn't a chance of beating Trump.

He's dead..... and has been for 7 years.... also his country is broke the idea that they, along with cuba and whoever else Powell has red menace nightmares about, could craft, pay for and enact such a complex plan without anybody knowing until after the election and then make it completely air tight as regards lack of evidence goes is beyond absurd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Re: GOP voter suppression:

1. The GOP force purges of voter rolls of anyone whose name is similar to a convicted felons. These voters then have to go through onerous identity checks in order to re-register to vote.
    2. Convicted felons are never allowed to vote again in some states, even if they've served their time. Couple this with ridiculously OTT drug possession laws, and this disproportionately affects Black Americans.
    3. They target voting methods — early or mail — that minorities use more and make them more restrictive.
    4. They cut down the number of voting locations in non-white areas, creating long lines that discourage voters in those areas.
    5. They enforce onerous, unfounded ID requirements. Consider that in Ireland, a basic bank card is good enough ID for voting with. In some states in the US, you can only vote with a driving license, which again disproportionately affects non-whites as it's an expensive process to get one.
    6. They spread continual misinformation during elections about the voting process. This can be simple lies about when or how to vote. And it can be more insidious lies like the ones that they spread in 2016 saying that ICE was arresting Latino voters, legal or not, at polling places.

I could keep going, there are so so many ways that Republicans target non-white voters for vote suppression. That's why every election they cry and lie about non-existent widespread fraud, so that they can then go ahead and pass even more restrictive voter ID laws for next time around.

That's, of course, before we get into how the system of the Electoral College is one massive, countrywide voter suppression technique. A 7-8 million vote lead nationwide for Biden earns him 306 electoral votes. A 3 million vote LOSS nationwide for Trump earns him 306 electoral votes.

It's f**king disgusting, cravenly repugnant.

The fact that voter suppression occasionally doesn't work for Republicans, that voters despise them so much that they'll work their way through all of the countless hurdles put in their way in order to vote, is NOT proof that voter suppression doesn't exist. Failed voter suppression is still voter suppression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

Gun licenses tend to be government issued identification. In my case, both my driver's license and my gun license are issued by the Tx. Department of Public Safety. In one case (the gun license), I had to have my identity and eligibility verified by background check with fingerprints taken. If a driver's license is good enough to vote here, a firearms license is damned well good enough to vote.

The question of whether university ID should be considered good enough to vote is more difficult. According to https://www.collegesimply.com/colleges/texas/ , "There are 170 colleges and universities in Texas enrolling 1,572,375 students."

For Georgia, it says "There are 114 colleges and universities in Georgia enrolling 530,360 students."

Presuming most have their own IDs, there is no way to expect a poll worker to know if he's looking at a real one or not. Further, the standard is hardly unique: Good luck trying to get on an airplane, for example, with a university ID, even if it's one from as famous as Harvard.

In the case of Georgia specifically, those evil Republicans who control the legislature also changed to law just before the 2016 election to automatically register to vote anyone who is eligible and has a driver's license. A bit like California, actually. Except the system enrolled more people in Georgia than in California, it seems. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-happened-when-2-2-million-people-were-automatically-registered-to-vote/

Or
    https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/automatic-registration-leads-surge-new-georgia-voters/97PMHrv8anlB66TfKdlUtK/
    With little fanfare, Georgia started automatically signing up voters in droves three years ago when they got their driver’s licenses.

That quiet change made a loud impact: more than 681,000 newly registered voters, pushing the state's total number of voters to a record high of 7 million.

Amid heated battles over voting rights, Georgia has emerged as an unlikely national leader in automatic voter registration, according to a study this month by the Brennan Center for Justice. The study estimated that 94% more voters registered in Georgia than if the state hadn't implemented automatic voter registration in September 2016.

Which seems more than 35,000 removed for inaccurate form-filling.

Guess which community dont hold drivers licenses Manic, because they are too economically deprived to own cars, or live in urban areas where cars are not needed and dont have passports because they don't travel internationally.

The above is a strawman arguement. 35000 errors you mentioned, have you researched why? L'Estrange inntead of L'estrange, the entire strike off was deliberate and targetted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Are you insane? Have you had your head buried in a toilet for the entire year?

Trump has spent this year killing over 250,000 Americans who didn't need to die. He's only the third president to be impeached in history. He caught COVID due to his own dribbling stupidity. He had innocent Americans tear-gassed so he could hold an utterly useless photo op where he held a bible upside down. The economy tanked multiple times just this year because he's a failure of a businessman.

All of this on top of his 4 years of brazen corruption and mob rule.

Even if you're the most naive Trumpette out there, to say that everyone would say that Biden had no chance is just an incredibly blatant lie.

I don't need to sit through it
    Though you probably should, if you want to come here with something better than CNN talking points.
    Rudi may not have bought the cases but he sure as shìt was involved in some of them.
    So it wasn't his cases... glad we sorted that out.
    They also claimed this tampering has been going on for many years, does that mean Trump isn’t a legitimate president because the election was "tampered with"?
    Maybe, who knows how deep the rabbit hole goes.
    The truth is that this is Trumps second last ploy to hold onto power, it will fail and then we will see him attempt to tamper with the electoral college candidates.
    Sure... you accept that as "the truth", incredible that it is... but somehow the DNC is above suspicion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,619 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Though you probably should, if you want to come here with something better than CNN talking points.

Sure... you accept that as "the truth", incredible that it is... but somehow the DNC is above suspicion.

Again, you seemed to have missed the part where I said I watched it live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,112 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

somehow the DNC is above suspicion.
    Nobody is above suspicion, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. And there's not even any ordinary proof.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

##Mod Note##

Up the standards please , one liner replies without supporting evidence is not at the required Standard for this forum.

Please review the forum charter before posting again.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

OhHiMark wrote: »
    One thing I don't get about the electoral college system is, who are the electors? I keep reading that Trump will try to put his own electors forward but surely they already know who they are?

The three selected electors for South Dakota are Republican governor and another one of Trump's scycophant women Kristi Noem along with Lieutenant Governor Larry Rhoden and Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg.

All Republicans because Trump won the state.
    And South Dakota has only got 3 electoral college votes. Thank God only 3.

Bill Clinton was one of the electors representing New York in 2016.
    If Hilary had won the election that would have been kind of unusual I guess.

Trumps latest ploy is to try see if he can convince Michigan lawmakers to disregard election and get his own delegates appointed.

It is even reported that before the election Trump's team were pressuring some of the 29 state legislatures with Republican majorities (with a total of 300 electoral votes) to depart from the normal practice of choosing their Electoral College delegates based on popular vote in the state.

Brian? wrote: »
    Momentum is really building now in camp Trump and you sense the Biden side are getting anxious

Gonna be difficult for Biden to claw this back

Claw what back? Biden won the election. It’ll be certified soon, then he electoral college will vote him in and he’ll be inaugurated in January.

What have Trumps campaign done that will slow this down, never mind stop it.

I think someone else needs to be certified.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

jmayo wrote: »
    Bill Clinton was one of the electors representing New York in 2016.If Hilary had won the election that would have been kind of unusual I guess.
    Both Bill and Hilary will actually be electors in New York for this election too.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

Couldn't agree more. Dead people voting gives me real hope for the afterlife.

Sigh, this again. Evidence?

Because this has already been widely debunked by multiple news site investigations to show that no in fact dead people didn't vote, was either a) people voting under family similar names, b) people dead and didn't vote or c) alive and voted

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/18/dead-voter-conspiracy-theory-debunked

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Which we'll see (or not) once the court cases play out, which they should, if there's to be any kind of orderly transition. These are serious accusations that need to be dealt with seriously. Mockery and incredulity isn't going to be enough, sadly.

They are absolutely not serious accusations coming from Trump.

He's been claiming voter fraud for more than 4 years. He setup investigations into it. Created new departments to check for vote security. Still claimed voter fraud 4 year later. Provides no evidence of said voter fraud. The investigations setup by him found no evidence of voter fraud. Fired the head of the department created by him to keep an eye on election security because he didn't agree with Trump.

All they have done is make a claim about "something", said that they have heaps of evidence which they will present in "two weeks", then failed to produce any evidence when asked by the courts about it.

There is nothing serious being presented by Trump and his team. The only evidence that they have provided is what would support claims of senility of Trump and Guiliani and that people are gullible if you lie to them enough times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just in relation to the voter ID requirements. For comparison there is absolutely zero ID required for voting in the UK, nothing at all. You don't even need to take your polling card along with you... just turn up to your assigned voting station, tell them your name, tell them your address, they put a line through you on the list and give you a polling card.

Yet nobody is making claims of widespread voter fraud happening, there is not cases of thousands of peoples votes being stolen by others, just doesn't happen. It's possible to hold a vote without needing to queue for hours on end and produce some specific form of ID that only certain members of the public are able to get hold of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,809 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You mean apart from all the polls which have borne out donnys massive popular vote loss, and that from the beginning of counting, every news station told viewers consistently that mail in votes would come last because the GOP wanted it that way in the legislatures they controlled.

trump is gone, he's a busted flush, he's a turd gone down the toilet, he's a hasbeen, a neverbeen, a misogynistic little man with small hands, questionable makeup and hair styling choices who took his daddys money and lost it all.

trump lost the election, lost the recounts, lost the court cases, lost his favourite news station, lost all respect from anyone, and is now faced with being a big gigantic loser who lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭dogbert27

What happens if the college electorate confirm Biden and Trump still refuses to concede?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

astrofool wrote: »
    You mean apart from all the polls which have borne out donnys massive popular vote loss, and that from the beginning of counting, every news station told viewers consistently that mail in votes would come last because the GOP wanted it that way in the legislatures they controlled.

trump is gone, he's a busted flush, he's a turd gone down the toilet, he's a hasbeen, a neverbeen, a misogynistic little man with small hands, questionable makeup and hair styling choices who took his daddys money and lost it all.

trump lost the election, lost the recounts, lost the court cases, lost his favourite news station, lost all respect from anyone, and is now faced with being a big gigantic loser who lost.
    The real problem for Trump is not losing the election, but losing the protection of the presidency along with it. If anyone was in any doubt about the raft of illegalities he's accused of, his desperation as his hopes of retaining the presidency should be a warning sign. He is literally using every lever in his power to stave off the inevitable. He is now trying to suborn legislators from Michigan in his efforts to deny reality. He has pressured Republican canvassers to get them to roll back their certification of the results in Wayne County even though this was not possible and was deeply corrupt. But he still tried. I'm not sure how this can be viewed as anything other than the actions of a desperate man.

If there's anything we can be guaranteed of, it is that he will continue to do this as long as it's possible. And it will get more desperate and off the wall as the clock ticks down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

First Up wrote: »
    Move on folks. The election is over and the Trump presidency is history. He knows that and is building his next career in the media. Giuliani is auditioning for a job, as are others.

He will take audience share from Fox and with 70+ million gullible voters he can approach advertisers with confidence.

Plenty of money in that and a platform to feed his ego. That will keep him happy and busy.

The election is not over. It hasn't actually happened yet! Basically, what has happened is that voters in each State have told a slate of electors which of the candidates for President they wish to have those electors vote for in December. That's what's happened so far. As a result of the Nov 3 election, 306 of the 538 electors have been selected by voters to represent their wish that Biden would receive their votes at the Electoral College.

In the light of the failure of the Trump campaign to achieve 270 or more of these EC 'pledges', the Trump team is actively pursuing a Plan B that focuses on having a number of the 306 'pledges' taken from Biden and given to Trump. The Plan is actively subverting confidence in the election process and is undermining the result so as to either get 270+ of the EC votes OR sow enough FUD to have the matter decided through manipulation in Congress.

Will Plan B succeed? Highly unlikely! Should we simply ignore the shennanigans and 'move on'? Absolutely not! Just because a coup has little chance of success does not excuse its architects and its leaders. And while the coup is playing out, extreme vigilance is needed to ensure it is ground down! The damage being done by the coup attempt is significant and is extremely dangerous in a fragile republic!

Advertisement