Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

What happened in America yesterday was no different to 1916 in Ireland in my view, the self-styled MAGA American Patriots rose up and marched on DC and overran Capitol Buildings, they did it on the back of their own supposed disenfranchisement by the extreme ultra far left in America. In thier eyes the real Coup was in the fraudulent rigged election this was an attempted counter-coup, MAGA fanatics are by and large peaceful and tolerant of the opposing viewpoint and I actually have my doubt of how many of them were MAGA as alot have been identified as Antifa wearing MAGA clothing.

Lets imagine Mike Pence blocked Bidens confirmation or that the Supreme Court over-ruled the election in Trump's favour, yesterday would have been a blood bath by Antifa and the Capitol building would have been a smoking burnt-out wreck. First thing that crossed my head was why aren't the protestors torching the place! With that much anger against Congress and the Democrats it would have been the expected type of anarchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

theguzman wrote: »
    What happened in America yesterday was no different to 1916 in Ireland in my view, the self-styled MAGA American Patriots rose up and marched on DC and overran Capitol Buildings, they did it on the back of their own supposed disenfranchisement by the extreme ultra far left in America. In thier eyes the real Coup was in the fraudulent rigged election this was an attempted counter-coup, MAGA fanatics are by and large peaceful and tolerant of the opposing viewpoint and I actually have my doubt of how many of them were MAGA as alot have been identified as Antifa wearing MAGA clothing.

Lets imagine Mike Pence blocked Bidens confirmation or that the Supreme Court over-ruled the election in Trump's favour, yesterday would have been a blood bath by Antifa and the Capitol building would have been a smoking burnt-out wreck. First thing that crossed my head was why aren't the protestors torching the place! With that much anger against Congress and the Democrats it would have been the expected type of anarchy.

Can you show evidence for this claim please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Can you show evidence for this claim please?

All over twitter and parler, the guy dressed like a buffalo is an Antifa activist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,813 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

1. No one from the extreme far left has disenfranchised anyone in America.
    2. The people who stormed the Capitol wouldn't even agree with you. They did what they did because they believe the election was stolen from them because of baseless conspiracy theories pushed by the President of the country who implored them to do so.
    3. It bears no resemblance to what happened in Ireland in 1916
    4. The FBI believes that the biggest threat of terrorism within the US likely comes from people who you refer to as MAGA fanatics.
    5. There is zero evidence that anyone who is a member of the so called 'antifa' was involved yesterday.
    6. We don't need to talk about 'Imagine If's we can talk about what in fact did happen, and how the police prepared for and reacted to it when compared to the protests calling for the fair treatment of all people at the hands of the police.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

All over twitter and parler, the guy dressed like a buffalo is an Antifa activist.

Parler. Lordy. Their "evidence" was a tattoo on his arm thought / presumed to be a hammer and sickle, only to be revealed as the logo from a video game the guy likes (dishonoured to those curious). It's pure conspiracy theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,813 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

:D:D:D:D:D

Are you interested in a bridge I have for sale?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Banned.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

What happened in America yesterday was no different to 1916 in Ireland in my view, the self-styled MAGA American Patriots rose up and marched on DC and overran Capitol Buildings, they did it on the back of their own supposed disenfranchisement by the extreme ultra far left in America.

Padraig Pearse definitely won that election.

What "disenfranchisement by the extreme ultra far left in America"?? There is no ultra far left in America, let alone having any political power. What the progressive wing of the Dems want is $15 an hour minimum wages and universal healthcare; stuff that's centre-right anywhere else in the western world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Haraldkare

pixelburp wrote: »
    Parler. Lordy. Their "evidence" was a tattoo on his arm thought / presumed to be a hammer and sickle, only to be revealed as the logo from a video game the guy likes (dishonoured to those curious). It's pure conspiracy theory.

How was it revealed already that he likes that video game. Has he been interviewed since, and they only asked him about his tattoo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh well thats the clincher then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://twitter.com/thenation/status/1347232193341513736?s=21

The quotes are kind of revealing. They’re the patriots and the aren’t meant to be shot at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You mean the guy who gave a video interview with his Q anon poster? That guy?

Parler and twitter does not evidence make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/thenation/status/1347232193341513736?s=21

The quotes are kind of revealing. They’re the patriots and the aren’t meant to be shot at.

Reminiscent of the bad old days in the north, when a large percentage of the population believed the RUC were "their" police, just there to protect them from the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Some of the protestors are now having their employment terminated

https://twitter.com/TreWardWBAL/status/1347226070085480448

Also seems a rounding up of "suspects" for arrest is imminent ( although considering many of them posted selfies and partook in media interviews I'm not sure "suspects" is the right word).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

He's a QAnoner. Calls himself the Q-Shaman apparently lol. https://www.newsweek.com/qshaman-washington-antifa-protest-qanon-1559599

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,132 ✭✭✭✭briany

Some of the protestors are now having their employment terminated

https://twitter.com/TreWardWBAL/status/1347226070085480448

Also seems a rounding up of "suspects" for arrest is imminent ( although considering many of them posted selfies and partook in media interviews I'm not sure "suspects" is the right word).

"Man, videotaping this crime spree is the best idea we ever had!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Parler and twitter does not evidence make.

Well it’s all over them so that’s pretty conclusive stuff you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,793 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Haraldkare wrote: »
    How was it revealed already that he likes that video game. Has he been interviewed since, and they only asked him about his tattoo?

For the tattoo guy, why would they even need to ask him? You can literally clearly see the tattoo - there's pictures of it all over the shop. It just very clearly is the 'dishonored' symbol, which is very very distinctive. It doesn't look like anything other than what it is. The hammer and sicle thing I could understand, from the pov of someone looking at it without knowing what it was and trying to form an approximation, but once you see the dishonored logo, it's very clear that that's what it is.

This all reminds me of the cliques amongst the Flat Earthers, who turn on each other and accuse each other of being government infiltrators.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

You are spreading lies

We got a live one here.

Seriously though, would be interested to see the content that is appearing on your socials newsfeeds. Because that theory has been debunked many many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

He's a QAnoner. Calls himself the Q-Shaman apparently lol. https://www.newsweek.com/qshaman-washington-antifa-protest-qanon-1559599
    Nuts how they picked that guy of all of them to claim as antifa. I mean he's all over social and other media. Even appeared in an ITV broadcast from the Capitol. It's not like you could mistake him for someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,372 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Everyone should read this, it’s hilarious. Absolute nut job surrounded by absolute nut jobs.

I'm anti the extremes on both sides but there is no way this guy is an Antifa activist.

You can make up your own minds...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Jesus you've swallowed the cool aid in one swig. That guy is a well known Qanon activist.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Nuts how they picked that guy of all of them to claim as antifa. I mean he's all over social and other media. Even appeared in an ITV broadcast from the Capitol. It's not like you could mistake him for someone else.

They are very low IQ people. They could not even think this through in regards to their pick. People susceptible to targeted online manipulation.

Taking selfies of themselves carrying out criminal actions. Who goes to a protest with their employer badge on full display?? Not bright whatsoever and no concept of the consequences of their action.

Then you had guys that were covered up in all the gear, these were smarter individuals no doubt and pulling the strings on the ground. Probably the ones that dropped the IEDs.

I will keep beating this drum, but I really think the root of the problem here lies with Twitter and Facebook and the content they are feeding to peoples minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

Imagine dying for Trump. Stop and imagine that.

salmocab wrote: »
    Everyone should read this, it’s hilarious. Absolute nut job surrounded by absolute nut jobs.

He's been thrown under the bus for all his efforts driving the country in a bashed up Hyundai.

The Trumpers spreading rumours he's married to Nancy Pelosi's daughter. Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Imagine dying for Trump. Stop and imagine that.

The same people that would find an excuse for cops murdering a black man for jaywalking are currently building her up as some kind of innocent martyr. She seems absolutely disturbed and is a prime example to everyone how dangerous far right media can be to their family members (if it wasn't clear already).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

prawnsambo wrote: »

They had a picture of him at a blm rally. He was at the counter demonstration and they cropped out his q sent me sign to try and make the point.

I like that the riots are simultaneously not that bad but if it was bad then it was aunty fa.

• Advertisement

Pelosi message to Mike Pence...she says time to act

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1347261222866067458

Advertisement