Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Anyone got good sites for live results. As in just the data. CNN are doing my head in focussing on Florida.

Can watch on BBC sky fox NBC abc PBS Al Jazeera etc etc etc just change the channel surely is the option there?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

listermint wrote: »
    No they're reporting the figures as they come in.

Just because you don't like that doesn't make it less factual.

In fact I would say youd give out about it if CNN were making up stuff..

They literally called Massachusetts when the polls closed before any votes were in. Are you watching it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Are CNN taking the piss with Florida?

Not a single mention that theres more chance of the pope getting pregnant than the panhandle turning blue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Biden set to take Williamson County (Austin, TX suburb). With 95% reporting:

Biden 50.6
    Trump 47.4

Trump took this county by about 10% in 2016– this would be a double digit swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Anyone got good sites for live results. As in just the data. CNN are doing my head in focussing on Florida.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-president.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Bookies results are the clearest sign, the exchanges especially.

Almost €400 million has been matched on the market on Betfair. Experts move this market, not punters. If something significant happens somewhere this is the first place you'll see it.

Biden still favourite but less so than he was in the last few days. Currently:

Joe: 1.81
    Donald: 2.22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Blanco100 wrote: »
    last president to be elected whilst losing Florida?

Clinton - 92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not a single mention that theres more chance of the pope getting pregnant than the panhandle turning blue

MSNBC are going to Texas and Ohio and it’s great. Florida is just one state.

They literally called Massachusetts when the polls closed before any votes were in. Are you watching it like?

Some states are safe, some aren't. They have been burned on Florida before and Florida is always a rollercoaster so they will get their money's worth out of it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Betting getting closer on the Exchange: Biden now 4/5 ish (1.79) on Betfair and Trump 5/4 ish (2.27).

Thinking Texas won't be as tight as Florida but the numbers currently looking like it could be:

https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/status/1323796277138771975

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,720 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I think everything will end up hinging on Pennsylvania.

I am sorry, but crushed is the correct term. The US is having to deal with an economy that is in a mess with covid wreaking havoc. For Biden to actually lose Florida by more votes than a deeply unpopular candidate like Hillary is disastrous.

How can you say Trump (as much as I don't like him) is unpopular if he's won Florida.

He's clearly very popular. That's why he won in 2016.

If it was the other way would you watch it?
    Eh? I want just the relevant numbers.
    Can watch on BBC sky fox NBC abc PBS Al Jazeera etc etc etc just change the channel surely is the option there?
    I don't want to spend half an hour seeing which channel is showing mostly numbers. Apparently BBC have talking heads mostly, that's not what I'm after.

Biden set to take Williamson County (Austin, TX suburb). With 95% reporting:

Biden 50.6
    Trump 47.4

Trump took this county by about 10% in 2016– this would be a double digit swing.

Maybe the democrats weren’t nuts going there late in the campaign. They must have seen something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I am going to grab a couple of hours sleep, this is going to be a fair old wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

What are you watching? They're being very clear who won what in 2016 and the difference now.

No network has called it.

I'd say due to what happened there before and it's close.

Eh? I want just the relevant numbers.

I don't want to spend half an hour seeing which channel is showing mostly numbers. Apparently BBC have talking heads mostly, that's not what I'm after.

I'd say one of the newspapers then nyt or wapo seem to be pretty good at updating the figures fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,720 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

murpho999 wrote: »
    How can you say Trump (as much as I don't like him) is unpopular if he's won Florida.

He's clearly very popular. That's why he won in 2016.
    I didn't mention Trump :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Am I missing something? Biden up 300k in Ohio with no reporting from Cincinnati or Cleveland? 42% counted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm on a twitter live chat with Bradley Whitford as he watches the results come in. He's in Canada filming.

Quite surreal to be interacting with Josh Lyman on election night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

CNN should use blue or red stripes for states that are still being counted. Texas was completely blue then when they zoomed in there was one blue and one red district - silly stuff that could easily be sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Bloomberg seems right there

Some states are safe, some aren't. They have been burned on Florida before and Florida is always a rollercoaster so they will get their money's worth out of it.

Florida is now safe so they should bloody move on.

Biden still 11 points up, 45% counted in Ohio. Looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

marno21 wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Biden up 300k in Ohio with no reporting from Cincinnati or Cleveland? 42% counted?

42% is counted from Cleveland, but you're right - none from Cincinnati yet which is a little surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Those results are suburban counties of the big towns you mention.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Early indications look much better for Biden in NC

Connecticut goes to Biden per MSNBC.

• Advertisement

Yeah they're really missing the story.

Here's 2 links posted before with live results. Ohio and North Carolina the ones to watch, if they're blue it's all good for Biden.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2020/nov/03/us-election-2020-live-results-donald-trump-joe-biden-who-won-presidential-republican-democrat

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-president.html

Advertisement