Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Florida is now safe so they should bloody move on.

Biden still 11 points up, 45% counted in Ohio. Looks good.

They are currently on North Carolina and have touched on Ohio tbf to them and parts of Texas. They are definitely moving away from Florida.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Ohio 56-43, 49% counted!

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Those results are suburban counties of the big towns you mention.

What's interesting is that there isn't really that many of the rural areas to fill in when it comes to Ohio from what I saw but maybe I saw it wrong.

Looks good for him alright

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ohio 56-43, 49% counted!

That’s a good sign. There are strong numbers for Biden in other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Anyone got good sites for live results. As in just the data. CNN are doing my head in focussing on Florida.

I like how Google are doing it

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+election+results&rlz=1C1CHBD_enIE859IE859&oq=us+election&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i131i433l7.14802j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

"If someone told us 4 years ago that Biden would be close in Georgia we would say 'no! Georgia is a deep red state."

Trump only won GA by 5% in 2016, it really wouldn't kill some of these people to prepare for their jobs.

Does anybody know how these votes are being reported and counted so quickly?

It's not electronic voting is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought Georgia was fancied to go to Biden? Pretty sure YouGov indicated that earlier.

NC looking good at the minute, strong numbers with almost 2/3 of the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I thought Georgia was fancied to go to Biden? Pretty sure YouGov indicated that earlier.
    Pretty sure it and Ohio were both the closest polling states to being 50/50 through the campaign (or later part of it).

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That’s a good sign. There are strong numbers for Biden in other places.
    Think Trump won by 8% in Ohio last time, even just to run it close would be a good sign for Biden in PA and Michigan.

murpho999 wrote: »

Optical scanners where it's not electronic.
    Early votes are pre-counted in some states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Biden leading Texas with almost 50% in

NC looking good at the minute, strong numbers with almost 2/3 of the vote.

Ohio is good also but it’s closing slightly. Biden is doing well in some states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Hand filled ballots, machine counted. (you mark the little circle so computer can read it)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Some is early voting. Most states use voting machines. Each state decides how they do it themselves.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Florida worried me but everywhere else looks to be more closely following the polls now. Hopefully by around 3am it'll be called for Biden.

An nbc exit poll suggest that moderates have swung heavily to Lindsay Graham’s democratic opponent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Canice Picklington

NY Times needle has Georgia at 83% Trump and North Carolina at 66% Trump.

It's happening again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

No but they have machines to do the count, and it's not proportional representation so it's much faster (is my understanding).

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Ohio looking good for Biden and shocking numbers for Texas.

50% in and still in favour of Biden. Surely that is got to change

• Advertisement

An nbc exit poll suggest that moderates have swung heavily to Lindsay Graham’s democratic opponent.

Stop, I'm starting to dream. :pac:

It will yeah, like Virginia will flip colour and Kansas too I'd wager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Wishing I had placed my bet on Biden taking Texas now... still seems mental if it goes blue though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Brian? wrote: »
    Some is early voting. Most states use voting machines. Each state decides how they do it themselves.

The thing that's confusing me is how Indiana was declared with 8% of the expected vote. I asked in thread but only got one BS reply.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,622 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Houston, austin and dallas becoming big tech hubs might have changed the urban vote in texas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If Biden flips ohio its over for Trump

Shelga wrote: »
    No but they have machines to do the count, and it's not proportional representation so it's much faster (is my understanding).

Yes, I know it's not PR.

But I'm just amazed how quick they get results out, not just projections.

As other said they must pre - count as the logistics of getting votes out of boxes post, etc is time consuming.

kowloon wrote: »
    The thing that's confusing me is how Indiana was declared with 8% of the expected vote. I asked in thread but only got one BS reply.

Because it's just common sense. Some states are "called" the second the polls close. It's unofficial and different outlets do it at different points.

Less positive numbers when they have just said that it's 97% early vote in NC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Graham is leading by 10k atm

Advertisement