Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Biden doing a lot worse with Hispanics than Clinton did, not just in Florida, but also in Ohio and Georgia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, I know it's not PR.

But I'm just amazed how quick they get results out, not just projections.

As other said they must pre - count as the logistics of getting votes out of boxes post, etc is time consuming.

Some states have been pre-counting and some aren't at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

NY Times needle has Georgia at 83% Trump and North Carolina at 66% Trump.

It's happening again.

Everyone should ignore NYT. Their coverage is awful. And that needle needs to die, even though they were saying they needed it for those 3 states. Awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Only 29% of mail in votes in Ohio so far and Biden already 350k votes up. Looks good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Florida worried me but everywhere else looks to be more closely following the polls now. Hopefully by around 3am it'll be called for Biden.

IMO texas is way more a measure for success than Florida for Biden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's happening again.

Biden is leading in all results so far in NC.

Georgia for Trump is predicted all the timeso I don't know what is happening again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

hero.png

Still holding out for my dark horse :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Biden doing a lot worse with Hispanics than Clinton did, not just in Florida, but also in Ohio and Georgia.

Where have we the numbers on that? Latino vote is his Achilles heel I accept that no problem but I'd like to see the numbers?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

kowloon wrote: »
    The thing that's confusing me is how Indiana was declared with 8% of the expected vote. I asked in thread but only got one BS reply.

Indiana is as red as anything. You could have called Indiana for the Republicans for the 2020 election back in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

This is looking good for Biden. He is doing exactly what he needs to do in the rust belt. Dominate the suburbs. That's where Obama dominated and where Biden beat Bernie convincingly. And there is a huge amount of early vote to count.

North Carolina will get tighter as election day vote comes in, but Biden is doing what he needs to do.

Bloody Florida though. But at least the Miami Dade Cuban Hispanic vote won't translate in the rust belt. So thats good news for Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If Biden failed to flip Florida, he is almost certainly not going to flip states like Ohio, Georgia, or Texas.

Biden is looking like he's not going to lose anything, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania look like they will be key.

kowloon wrote: »
    The thing that's confusing me is how Indiana was declared with 8% of the expected vote. I asked in thread but only got one BS reply.

That's a Network projection based on polls and early results.

So you need to distinguish between Network Projections and actual results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Interesting little bit I noticed from Texas, which has swung back to level and should go to Trump as expected... but Biden is quite comfortably winning the border counties that are reporting this far.

There's a wall joke in here somewhere, but it's late and I'm tired.

EDIT: Biden back up by 4% with 60% reporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Florida worried me but everywhere else looks to be more closely following the polls now. Hopefully by around 3am it'll be called for Biden.

The odds on Paddy Power went to evens for Trump a while ago but have lengthened again.

If Biden failed to flip Florida, he is almost certainly not going to flip states like Ohio, Georgia, or Texas.

Biden is looking like he's not going to lose anything, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania look like they will be key.

I think he has a great chance in Ohio.

Biden improved across Florida except in one county which is pretty unique not just in a Florida context but in a national context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Expecting Texas to finish red but with 62% votes in, Biden still 220k votes up.

Francie, will you look at the numbers rather than making rash points.

Ohio is likely to be flipped. GA less likely. TX will be close but will ultiately fall to Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

shocksy wrote: »
    Biden has it in the bag.

It's happening again.

This thread might be pointless. :D

CNN should use blue or red stripes for states that are still being counted. Texas was completely blue then when they zoomed in there was one blue and one red district - silly stuff that could easily be sorted

Light shades of red or blue show leads and results are shaded much darker.

• Advertisement

The odds on Paddy Power went to evens for Trump a while ago but have lengthened again.

I had a wobble around the same time the odds did. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Where have we the numbers on that? Latino vote is his Achilles heel I accept that no problem but I'd like to see the numbers?

It's only exit poll data, I should have mentioned. From 'Political Polls' on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd agree, if he was gonna win Texas he'd have won Florida. Ohio however he seems to be performing better than I thought he would so far so will wait and see on that, Georgia is very early yet. NC I was alot happier about before they said it was almost all early vote. Plenty to go there now too.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

CNN should use blue or red stripes for states that are still being counted. Texas was completely blue then when they zoomed in there was one blue and one red district - silly stuff that could easily be sorted

That is really head wrecking! King just playing around with the computer. He should not show up any state red or blue until the results are all in. Sky much better. Shows clearly how many electoral votes each candidate has, which states they have won and what percentage of votes are in from the other states.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭boardise

Interesting little bit I noticed from Texas, which has swung back to level and should go to Trump as expected... but Biden is quite comfortably winning the border counties that are reporting this far.

There's a wall joke in here somewhere, but it's late and I'm tired.

Biden supporters brickin' it in Texas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Unless the polling miss on FL was entirely down to undercounting Cubans (who don't really feature in other states)

letowski wrote: »
    This is looking good for Biden. He is doing exactly what he needs to do in the rust belt. Dominate the suburbs. That's where Obama dominated and where Biden beat Bernie convincingly. And there is a huge amount of early vote to count.

North Carolina will get tighter as election day vote comes in, but Biden is doing what he needs to do.

Bloody Florida though. But at least the Miami Dade Cuban Hispanic vote won't translate in the rust belt. So thats good news for Biden.

I'm amazed that hispanics vote for Trump with his anti foreginer/immigrant/build a wall rhetoric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭embraer170

Looking like a good night for Biden.

shocksy wrote: »
    He's cruising in Ohio and Texas.

Game over for Trump

Texas is very close and I'd expect Trump to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

boardise wrote: »
    Biden supporters brickin' it in Texas ?

MSNBC has Biden up by three percent with 61 % in.

Advertisement