Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

murpho999 wrote: »
    I really don't get why people here are thinking that things are going Trump's way.

Biden doesn't seem to be making the key gains needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Everything is starting to go against Biden. He bombed in Florida, he isn't going to take Texas, Iowa, or Georgia. NC and Ohio are not looking good. Basically, it looks like Trump is safe in the bulk of the states he currently holds.

It's looking like Biden has to flip all of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. A tough ask on a night when he looks to be struggling.

Are you on drugs. Read the exit poll. Biden is way up in the demographics he needs to take from Trump.

Ohio is looking fantastic for him???!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i'm off as well. Hope i'm wrong and Biden gets some momentum soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Right I’m off. I’ll be up in five hours so I’ll see how things stand then. Given that Pennsylvania have said there will be no call in that state tonight so that probably means there won’t a call by networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭vafankillar

I hate both candidates and don't have a preference but I definitely wanted the dems to be made sweat considering how arrogant they were in the last few weeks about a landslide victory so i'm happy enough so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,719 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Finally had some flips. 1 each in the house and both in North Carolina

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Are you on drugs. Read the exit poll. Biden is way up in the demographics he needs to take from Trump.

Ohio is not looking fantastic for him, the trend all night is the early vote favours Biden and it's mostly counted and the in person voting favours Trump, Biden didn't run up enough of a lead in the early voting, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

Biden's lead is cut to under 100k in North Carolina. 79% counted. I think Trump will pip him.

I think Trump will win Ohio too, but not near the +8 margin in 2016. So that's good news for Biden for the 3 states that matter, WI, MI and PA. Biden doing well in the suburban areas of the rust belt is what he wants to see.

So I still think Biden will win the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Looks like it’s a close one, this will run for a while yet, we were warned before Trump may lead narrowly on election night but Biden to win on votes counted after

I think Biden will win but it’ll be disputed and a long road ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump will take Ohio. He's less than 100k behind now. An hour ago Biden was 300k ahead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Dude I'm sorry but it's really not. Where Trump is winning there's plenty of votes to count as well. It's insurmountable.

50.8 - 47.9 with 63% counted in Ohio. FFS.

Biden is done. As I said a million times I would be, I’m surprised but not shocked.

4 mores years of that absolute disgrace of a man.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Inquitus wrote: »
    Ohio is not looking fantastic for him, the trend all night is the early vote favours Biden and it's mostly counted and the in person voting favours Trump, Biden didn't run up enough of a lead in the early voting, sadly.

Not all of the states are counting the early votes first though. They didn't think it was a huge amount of early vote in the count in Ohio for example whereas it was overwhelmingly early vote earlier in NC

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like it's all about Ohio.

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/1323813550385729541

This is a lot more nerve-wracking than I hoped it would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

As I keep explaining, the early counts are favouring Democrats. Ohio is not going Democrat with such a small lead and so many votes left to count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

J2CVC wrote: »
    That's not how it works. Markets are the same everywhere. They have to be.

Look at Betfair, it's global. The presedential market has over €400 million matched. As I said earlier the experts are moving this market, not punters. It's the clearest indication you'll get.

The poster quoted Paddy Power, an Irish bookmaker.

And what experts? I never see betting experts consulted on News shows for Election results.

Gamblers are not indicators of elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Bed!

It's early yet, just started on the black bush :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Donald trump 4/9

Joe Biden 7/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

John Hickenlooper
    Democratic Party
    59.4%

Cory Gardner (INCUMBENT)
    Republican Party
    38.8%

48% of districts reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Betfair:

Biden: 3.15
    Trump: 1.48

Trump is a massive favourite now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Brian? wrote: »
    Biden is done. As I said a million times I would be, I’m surprised but not shocked.

Thanks for announcing it to the world. Sorry but you've no clue. Wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

murpho999 wrote: »
    I really don't get why people here are thinking that things are going Trump's way.

Because they can only see what's in front of them and have no real sense of why things are being called as they are.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Ohio is gone. The early lead is no more.

No he's still leadng and his early lead was always expected to be cut.

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+election+results&rlz=1C1CHBD_enIE859IE859&oq=us+election&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i131i433l7.14802j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

As I keep explaining, the early counts are favouring Democrats. Ohio is not going Democrat with such a small lead and so many votes left to count.

But it's kinda redundant to continuously repeat it when you don't actually know the make up of the early vote that has gone into the figures. Again, they said it was 97% for NC earlier, but they thought it was closer to 25% for Ohio.

There's a long way to go yet.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

What are you talking about? Trump hasn't a prayer in Michigan or Wisconsin, he's ahead in Ohio, he's favoured for Pennsylvania.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Latest betting odds

Trump 4/11
    Biden 7/4

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The CNN coverage is ludicrous. Apparently Biden has more options than Trump when he clearly is running out of them.

You're calling this far too early.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The CNN coverage is ludicrous. Apparently Biden has more options than Trump when he clearly is running out of them.

He does have more options though. Trump is defending all of these states.

• Advertisement

Explain why you disagree and we'll tell you why you're wrong.

Advertisement