Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Trump favoured to win PA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,635 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Blanco100 wrote: »
    The betting exchange will swing over and back a couple of times tonight.

I like the 15/8 on a Biden victory.

5/2 on betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

At this stage I think Trump could well take Pennsylvania, Michigan, and possibly Virginia.

Personally I think something very strange is going on.

Strange ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Well, that Thanks checks out...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

531679.JPG

Lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Regardless of who eventually stutters to victory here, it's a ****ing damning indictment on the population of the USA that this orange gowl got so many votes.

To include the politicians.

Being not an orange gowl is a good thing. Being not an orange gowl, however, is not a political position nor does it affect people's lives as much as the policies carried out. Democrats may mock folks in Alabama or Wyoming or rural Pennsylvania or the Florida-Georgia-Line, wherever, but the bottom line is that their policies are sufficiently repugnant to the voters of those areas that they would rather vote for orange gowl than the Democrat candidate.

They have two choices. They can either ignore those voters and hope to get enough votes elsewhere, which did not work in 2016, or they can be more Blue Dog and less Left Coast.

Now, unlike most of you, apparently, I'm not drawing any particular dramatic conclusions from the tallies so far from these very early votes. When I go to bed in a couple of hours, I'm still fairly sure I'll be waking up to a Biden victory. But the bottom line is that in four years, they will not likely be running against an orange gowl, and the voters of non-urban American will still predominantly not like Democrat policies, and the Democrats will not have any more claim to be a representative party than the Republicans do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Professional sap Cory Gardner loses his Senate seat to Dems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Akabusi wrote: »
    What has happened with the Florida counting, was flying earlier and seems stuck at 92% now

The Panhandle are an hour behind the rest of the state so that's the last few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

538 should shut down after this.

Will you calm down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Biden 21/10
    Trump 3/10

Paddy power

They were wrong last time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Biden 21/10
    Trump 3/10

Paddy power

They were wrong last time

The markets probably had wider odds 4 years ago in fairness. All to play for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Whatever happens I still love John King at the board :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Good moment to get some money off em. Put a ton on Biden.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

538 should shut down after this.

Why? Because you don’t understand how it works?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Sky News being hit with some reality now. The biased analysts they have on are starting to sound worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭quokula

Even if Biden does win, the fact that it’s so close really makes me lose faith in humanity to see such complete ignorance on such a massive scale.

And if Trump wins, it really leaves me terrified about the world my children will grow up into with continuing accelerating climate change and all the disruption and devastation that will bring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Right, I'd say I'll be safe to go have a sleep for few hours and see how the land lies when more of the vote is actually in. Nothing has flipped or been called in a shock yet. All to play for, enjoy it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Latest

Biden 11/4
    Trump 1/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There are twitter pollsters I've been keeping an eye on that were very positive about Biden earlier in the evening - they're hardy saying anything now.

This feels like Trump has won. I hope there is a pleasant surprise on the way because I can't see anything for Biden supporters to be positive about as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Blanco100 wrote: »
    The markets probably had wider odds 4 years ago in fairness. All to play for.

The markets certainly weren't wrong at this point last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Graham kept his seat. Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Trump 1/5
    Biden 13/5

Easy money for all the Biden supporters on here who still thinks he has it in the bag. I wouldn't be betting on him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

If you were a Trump supporter you would be confident right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

There are twitter pollsters I've been keeping an eye on that were very positive about Biden earlier in the evening - they're hardy saying anything now.

This feels like Trump has won. I hope there is a pleasant surprise on the way because I can't see anything for Biden supporters to be positive about as it stands.

Ye I'm hoping he manages to sneak Ohio or NC somehow but I just can't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I was following a chap covering Florida and he's made his Tweets protected in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Betfair:

Biden: 4.3
    Trump: 1.3

This is looking very ominous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Right, I'd say I'll be safe to go have a sleep for few hours and see how the land lies when more of the vote is actually in. Nothing has flipped or been called in a shock yet. All to play for, enjoy it.

I just had a snooze for an hour.. I'm amazed how the sentiment has changed in that time.. Jeez, but what's happening? I don't like what I'm seeing.. At. All!!...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Widye

quokula wrote: »
    Even if Biden does win, the fact that it’s so close really makes me lose faith in humanity to see such complete ignorance on such a massive scale.

And if Trump wins, it really leaves me terrified about the world my children will grow up into with continuing accelerating climate change and all the disruption and devastation that will bring.

I'd be more terrified by the effect of the media hysteria about what people should think of Trump versus what he actually does. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread. TBF, it's coming from news sources. The MSM were reporting Biden won Virginia, nobody has been declared the winner and Trump is leading. Somebody said Lindsey Graham was on course to lose his seat, he has been returned as a Senator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

When you consider what Trump put into Pennsylvania, you'd have to fancy his changes of holding it and essentially ended any Democrat hopes of winning this election.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Ohio
    Pennsylvania
    Michigan
    Wisconsin
    Virginia

All red right now

Advertisement