Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

MOR316 wrote: »
    How do you know they're genuine? How do you know they're not at home thinking, "Y'know, I agree with Trump on that?"

Most of the regular posters on the Trump thread and the Election thread have TDS.
    They literally drove anyone who disagreed with them away from that thread, anyone who gave Trump any bit of credit was savaged as a Trump supporter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Canice Picklington

In my view there's a reason Republicans have totally rejected any effort at election security over the last four years, and you're seeing why tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

i bet 100 on biden, somewhat due to this forum, ffs lads

get out of the bubble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

J2CVC wrote: »
    It's bizarre. The world is literally going to be a worse place. They'll probably vote for his son next time around.

I
    N
    E
    Q
    U
    A
    L
    I
    T
    Y
    NAFTA
    Immigration
    Militant aggressive left wing agendas
    Uncertain futures

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Having not a single flip so far has really made this kinda boring

The market shifted slightly back to:

Biden: 3.65
    Trump: 1.38

I think that's just to stop me going to bed though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭MOR316

MurDawg wrote: »
    Sticking some money on trump, knowing my luck biden is a sure thing now

You were Biden your time to put that bet on...

I'll get my coat

i bet 100 on biden, somewhat due to this forum, ffs lads

get out of the bubble

Your username checks out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Trump now back to 1/3 with a lot of bookies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Right, going to stick 50 on Biden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

75% of votes counted in that one. 210k votes ahead with about 800k left to count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Race heating up folks

Not over by a long shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Biden into 2/1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

J2CVC wrote: »
    The market shifted slightly back to:

Biden: 3.65
    Trump: 1.38

I think that's just to stop me going to bed though.

Jumped to

Biden: 3.3
    Trump: 1.4

Still hope.

Akabusi wrote: »
    Right, going to stick 50 on Biden.

Haha great minds

Win win scenario

Trump briefly went 1/5 on Paddy Power, now 4/11.

AZ looks good for Biden. If he gets that and Wisconsin he'll be one state short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

Honestly, I give up! Whole planet is a ***** mess: Coronavirus, Trump, Brexit, random terrorist attacks on the continent, probably a massive recession in its way ... grim decade and it will now only get worse with all sorts of conspiracy theory garbage driving public policy in the US for the foreseeable future.

Any time I mentioned that Biden was just getting the ticket because it was “his turn” and he was too old, a load of American Dems would rip me apart on forums.

Anyway, here’s to another 4 years of chaos and probably a hard Brexit in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

AZ looks good for Biden. If he gets that and Wisconsin he'll be one state short.

This could be decided in the courts yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,835 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

At this time I think this is the clearest pathway for Trump with the early numbers.

531681.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye he needs Michigan as well, he could let Pennsylvania go then and eek a win with some of the the split electoral college states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Dems won't take the senate

NC will likely go for Tillis, Dems will be doing well to win Arizona or Maine at this stage

Not sure about Tillis, but I'd be fairly sure that Mark Kelly will win in Arizona and Susan Collins will lose her seat in Maine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Would Arizona, Wisconsin and Michigan win it for Biden?

Might be tempted to back him now with AZ news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

My main worry with Trump in for the next 4 years would be US companies pulling out of Ireland...we need them now more than ever..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1323828972883480576

I'm too afraid to start having hope again. It's dramatic stuff all the same.

Shelga wrote: »
    Can you try to explain it? All I've been doing is paying attention for the last 4 years, and I still have no clue how Trump is doing so well.

Trump, Johnson, Bolsonaro...
    Racism
    Inequality
    Homophobia
    Ignorance

Even today in the Dail, someone saying to Varadker, "That Parade"

Look around you! If the world was the place you thought it was, those three wouldn't be in power.
    Racism, inequality, ignorance, homophobia wouldn't be rampant in Ireland, never mind the rest of the world

How can people not see this? I know of people who give out about Trump but, will then make a racist or homophobic remark. It's not that difficult to see

The celebs, they'll say anything about Trump as it appeals to people and gets them air time and clicks and retweets...Think they're telling the truth?

Do you really think musicians give a **** if Trump uses a song of theirs at a rally? Of course they don't but, because it looks good with the media, they'll kick up a fuss

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

FatRat wrote: »
    Would Arizona, Wisconsin and Michigan win it for Biden?

Might be tempted to back him now with AZ news

Assuming he wins NE02 Biden would win 270-268.

I’d imagine that would lead to riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

signostic wrote: »
    My main worry with Trump in for the next 4 years would be US companies pulling out of Ireland...we need them now more than ever..

They would be mad to do that with our corporate tax rates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Shelga wrote: »
    Can you try to explain it? All I've been doing is paying attention for the last 4 years, and I still have no clue how Trump is doing so well.

I’m guessing you do not live in the US. That would be a good starting point for your lack of understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Seems Philly's mail ballot count is a bit weird in that it stopped completely, so the Pennsylvania count has been for the last hour and half entirely just votes today

https://twitter.com/MaxMMarin/status/1323792802233405440

They stopped counting after just clearing 75,000 of them out of 350k they've confirmed they've received prior to election day + more received today or tomorrow.

Huge money after being dumped on biden over last 20 minutes

Take from it what you will

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

MOR316 wrote: »
    Trump, Johnson, Bolsonaro...
    Racism
    Inequality
    Homophobia
    Ignorance

Even today in the Dail, someone saying to Varadker, "That Parade"

Look around you! If the world was the place you thought it was, those three wouldn't be in power.
    Racism, inequality, ignorance, homophobia wouldn't be rampant in Ireland, never mind the rest of the world

How can people not see this? I know of people who give out about Trump but, will then make a racist or homophobic remark. It's not that difficult to see

The celebs, they'll say anything about Trump as it appeals to people and gets them air time and clicks and retweets...Think they're telling the truth?

People see through it. Chinese currency is tanking

Advertisement