Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

rosser44 wrote: »
    They would be mad to do that with our corporate tax rates

Trump will offer them more to return to the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

signostic wrote: »
    My main worry with Trump in for the next 4 years would be US companies pulling out of Ireland...we need them now more than ever..

I think we will be alright, but we need innovation in our country and not relying on the yanks all the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I’m guessing you do not live in the US. That would be a good starting point for your lack of understanding.

Would you like to enlighten us wise guru?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭MOR316

440Hertz wrote: »
    Anyway, here’s to another 4 years of chaos and probably a hard Brexit in January.

No vaseline?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Most of the regular posters on the Trump thread and the Election thread have TDS.
    They literally drove anyone who disagreed with them away from that thread, anyone who gave Trump any bit of credit was savaged as a Trump supporter.

Yep, exactly why I no longer post on that thread. An utter refusal to accept that there can be a difference between approving of the man and approving of certain policies or positions. I would refer to that Jonathan Pie video I linked to yesterday. Or the one from four years ago after the election.

The irony is I voted Biden today (I did say it was a crappy selection of candidates). Not that I'd be believed on the Presidency thread. They probably think I went tooled up with a rifle on my back to vote Republican down the line despite how often I have explicitly stated I never voted for Trump in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

I think we will be alright, but we need innovation in our country and not relying on the yanks all the time...

If you think of the smaller Irish towns that have US plants & industry, it would be devastating for those towns to lose them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

PA won't be needed here. Its WI, MN, AZ and Nebraska 2 for 270.

Bish bash bosh, Biden is 46.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

shocksy wrote: »
    Trump 1/5
    Biden 13/5

Easy money for all the Biden supporters on here who still thinks he has it in the bag. I wouldn't be betting on him at this stage.

cheers for this. lumped €100 on Biden at 4/1 in last hour.

Back into 2/1 again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

My main worry with Trump in for the next 4 years would be US companies pulling out of Ireland...we need them now more than ever..

Trump getting in could have a massive effect on us through Brexit. Boris has been waiting for this election. If his pal Trump gets in he might say screw Europe.

MurDawg wrote: »
    Huge money after being dumped on biden over last 20 minutes

Take from it what you will

This is going down to the wire, but it just shows how inaccurate polls really are.. They had Biden winning by a landslide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

J2CVC wrote: »
    It's bizarre. The world is literally going to be a worse place. They'll probably vote for his son next time around.

More likely his daughter, Don doesn't respect Don Jr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

MOR316 wrote: »
    No vaseline?

They won’t be able to import that easily, so it’ll be good old fashioned chip pan grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

What's going on in Virginia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

The fastest updates :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,093 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

J2CVC wrote: »
    Trump getting in could have a massive effect on us through Brexit. Boris has been waiting for this election. If his pal Trump gets in he might say screw Europe.

Depends on how the House and Senate are as well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Trump will offer them more to return to the US.

Their owners, mainly open market liberals, and have no desire to base in Trump's America.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭MOR316

People see through it. Chinese currency is tanking

Yes but, we're the minority.

Using him as an example because he's close to home but Bono, for years, has said this and, dare I say it, preached about it inequality, homophobia, more rights for women, racism etc. Preached about it since the 80s.

People just tell him to shut up and moan about him. It's another example of ignorance.

I wish I wasn't posting this type of stuff, 7 weeks off 2021 but, here we are.

Depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Yep, exactly why I no longer post on that thread. An utter refusal to accept that there can be a difference between approving of the man and approving of certain policies or positions. I would refer to that Jonathan Pie video I linked to yesterday. Or the one from four years ago after the election.

The irony is I voted Biden today (I did say it was a crappy selection of candidates). Not that I'd be believed on the Presidency thread. They probably think I went tooled up with a rifle on my back to vote Republican down the line despite how often I have explicitly stated I never voted for Trump in the first place.

Fair play. I don't post thee much myself but noted your absence.

You have some ideas I disagree with but are a very measured human and always very respectful in your tone.

More of that needed in the world.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Having not a single flip so far has really made this kinda boring

AZ looks likely now.

Some serious profit made in gambling tonight one way or the other. Biden went out to 7/2 at one point.

• Advertisement

If you think of the smaller Irish towns that have US plants & industry, it would be devastating for those towns to lose them.

Even if the Don gets in, honestly i don't think he'll pull companies out off Ireland, he hasn't so far.. He's taking more of a swipe at China, Mexico and Canada, which is good news for us :pac: plus Mike has big Irish connections :cool:

MurDawg wrote: »
    Huge money after being dumped on biden over last 20 minutes

Take from it what you will

Profit taking by people who were on Trump I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Work in a few hours won't be fun.

I need answers here America!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Won't happen.

He said he'd do that in first term an it never happened. Same as his wall.

No way companies will just up sticks and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Approved User Assesment

Democracy has prevailed once again it seems. (Trump will win).

Saying that, the lawyer folks will be creaming it for a the next couple of weeks trying to salvage what they have.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

letowski wrote: »

Most likely going to Biden. A lot of reporting yet to come in from Fairfax county, up in the DC area. Not as strong a win as I would have thought, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

letowski wrote: »

They don’t start counting their votes until 11pm their time or something I thought I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Maybe not the thread for this. But I must say, I wouldn't be surprised if Ireland voted in the same way. It's not a vote for Trump per se, more a vote against a political system which does feck all year after year. People like more radical behaviour these days and Trump sells that. If a party came along that kicked aside the status quo I think they would gain a lot of ground (and the media would crack down on them too). Peter Casey is Exhibite A. But he didn't have Trump's thick skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

AZ looks likely now.

Some serious profit made in gambling tonight one way or the other. Biden went out to 7/2 at one point.

A bright spark.

Still no surprises. That's important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

Most likely going to Biden. A lot of reporting yet to come in from Fairfax county, up in the DC area. Not as strong a win as I would have thought, though.

I was looking at Pennsylvania, there is still 2.2m mail ballots to be counted in PA.

There is still a long way left in this election.

I want to see what they are counting in WI and MI, whether is EVAB or election day voting.

Advertisement