Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Their owners, mainly open market liberals, and have no desire to base in Trump's America.

They’re often quite genuinely multinational too, both in terms of shareholding, and tend to have either big operations in the EU and elsewhere that were either grown or acquired.

Also most of these companies have the majority of their market outside the US. In many ways Trump, like a lot of Americans imagines the world as “the US domestic market” and “overseas” in a sort of 1950s view of the world. In reality the US is one of 3 or 4 big markets.

Those companies aren’t likely to be commanded by a populist property developer in just one of their markets. He has a tendency to behave like he’s CEO of America Inc and can command companies to do his bidding. The world doesn’t work like that and he’s already hit a brick wall with a lot of corporate America in that regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Democracy has prevailed once again it seems. (Trump will win).

Saying that, the lawyer folks will be creaming it for a the next couple of weeks trying to salvage what they have.

So you're saying that Biden winning is not democratic?

Tell us why you think that?

@Widye, this is what I was exasperated at.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

They probably think I went tooled up with a rifle on my back to vote Republican down the line despite how often I have explicitly stated I never voted for Trump in the first place.

I've had a go at you once or twice in trump biden threads here manic, but never because of the reason quoted above.

I never thought you were a coal rolling 4x4 trumpist.

The reason I've debated with you and other middle of the road US political commentators is that regardless of economic policies, I cannot understand how someone with such a total lack of any kind of human empathy can get to the office of president. Despite thinking that he can put maybe 1 or 2k more in their pocket, how can they vote for such a charlatan? He is so transparently a con artist?!?

Also, he rustbelt GOP voters and poor "white trash" voting for trump and going on about how "the stock market is rising" while living paycheck to paycheck are turkeys voting for christmas - they are the next demographic for the private prisons to decimate now that meth and opiods are wrecking poor white regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Madison Cawthorn, the 25-year old inspirational speaker who addressed the Republican convention this summer, is projected to win the North Carolina seat vacated by top Trump aide Mark Meadows, according to the AP.

Cawthorn, who is seen as a rising star within the party, found himself in hot water earlier this summer after pictures emerged of his 2017 trip to a home used by Adolf Hitler. He referred to the Nazi leader on Instagram as "the Fuhrer" (he also described him as "supreme evil") and said the vacation was on his "bucket list".

Fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

Edit, just 17% of Michigan's vote is EVAB.

2.2m mail votes to count in PA.

AZ looks good for Biden.

We need to settle down, Biden is still in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Early vote for Biden is no surprise but the late red wave the Don was talking about is to be expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Democracy has prevailed once again it seems. (Trump will win).

Saying that, the lawyer folks will be creaming it for a the next couple of weeks trying to salvage what they have.

Surely it’s democratic whoever wins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Odds swinging back towards joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Biden into 7/4 with Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Whoever wins now, Putin must be delighted. he has got his wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Theres a total mass hysteria going on here I don't fathom. 100 million early votes were cast and a **** ton of them still have to be fed into counting, a lot of them urban
    Early and urban votes fall heavily for Biden.

Ohio is still in play, Arizona looks sewn up, Wisconsin and Michigan will still favour him.

Latest betting odds

Biden 15/8
    Trump 4/9

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Widye

MOR316 wrote: »
    Trump, Johnson, Bolsonaro...
    Racism
    Inequality
    Homophobia
    Ignorance

Even today in the Dail, someone saying to Varadker, "That Parade"

Look around you! If the world was the place you thought it was, those three wouldn't be in power.
    Racism, inequality, ignorance, homophobia wouldn't be rampant in Ireland, never mind the rest of the world

How can people not see this? I know of people who give out about Trump but, will then make a racist or homophobic remark. It's not that difficult to see

The celebs, they'll say anything about Trump as it appeals to people and gets them air time and clicks and retweets...Think they're telling the truth?

Do you really think musicians give a **** if Trump uses a song of theirs at a rally? Of course they don't but, because it looks good with the media, they'll kick up a fuss

Oh **** off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭vafankillar

Latest betting odds

Biden 15/8
    Trump 4/9

can you translate to for a non-better :D

Is it fair to say the votes being counted now are todays votes, with mail in counted after?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Whoever wins now, Putin must be delighted. he has got his wish.

This times 1000000

Russia has played the long game over the past 20 years, using American capitalism and greed against it and are reaping the rewards now

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Betfair:

Biden: 3.0
    Trump: 1.5

Edit: for those looking for explanations, if you bet €1 on Biden and he won you'd get back €3. If you bet €1 on Trump and he won you'd get back €1.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I think the moves are to do with the order votes are being counted in. No point looking till it's all gone

I think Biden is next Potus though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

Any info on NE-2 and ME-2?

And yes, I'm taking all possibilities into account lol

Orange man still Fav :pac:

• Advertisement

Looking OK for Biden again. Depends on the order in which votes were being counted.

Trump still favourite but Biden getting shorter meaning either money is coming on him, or positive info in his chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Haven't posted much,
    CNN seems slower to call states 105 Trump 118 Biden right now, what numbers are the other broadcasters at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,724 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

rosser44 wrote: »
    This times 1000000

Russia has played the long game over the past 20 years, using American capitalism and greed against it and are reaping the rewards now

But Murica won the cold war :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭weemcd

The story of mail in ballots is the story of this election. It's quite clear a lot of them have not been counted yet. This will go down to the wire. And they will still be counting votes until the end of the week.

I doubt we'll have the answer at 10am tomorrow or even the day after.

This is exciting stuff lads, whatever side you're on, I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve :o

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

So the big betting swing was money lumping on to reflect the big polling error in florida.

But as more votes are counted, the scale of that error isn't being replicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Michigan and PA swinging toward Trump at this point.

Biden does not have a clear path.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭fiveleavesleft

Trump is a grotesque clown but Biden was a 2nd rate candidate back in the 1980's... I really worry about America's future:(:(:(

Advertisement