Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Am I wrong to think that trump has this?

No you are not.

Biden put out a statement asking people to "keep the faith". That's as good as admitting defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The president about to declare victory.

Beautiful morning out there.

He can’t do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

I think giving energy to racists and bigots everywhere is enough to give any sane human dread.

Amazing how you have no problem with the DJT supporters and their "interest" in this election.

I was simply asking a question about the pearl clutching melodrama in both those posts.

If I had seen posts with from these “Irish Trump Supporters” that were showing a similar level of hysteria I would have included them too but I didn’t see any posts favouring Trump at all.

Your response was somewhat bigoted itself by assuming I have any “side” in the purpose of my post.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Georgia? He's about 118k with I think ~300k to be counted.

There’s over 450k to be counted, with a lot of those in Atlanta + suburbs.

Georgia is absolutely not over...yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

The president doesn't declare victory, the american voters decide that. All votes have not been counted so the result is not known yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

If Trump had honest people around him they'd be telling him the show's over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

No you are not. Biden put out a statement asking people to "keep the faith". That's as good as admitting defeat.

I heard that full speech and I heard him say the words "keep the faith", but the speech overall sounded like he genuinely thought he was going to win. I do agree though, when you see the words "keep the faith" on paper, it reminds me of what Joe Duffy usually says to somebody in a desperate position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Am I wrong to think that trump has this?

No, no more wrong than right

Faugheen wrote: »
    There’s over 450k to be counted, with a lot of those in Atlanta + suburbs.

Georgia is absolutely not over...yet.

But did they say why those Atlanta suburb haven’t been counted ? If I’ve missed it then I apologise but msnbc haven’t said a reason that I’ve heard which is why I’m asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

He can declare all he wants. It's not in his gift to award himself the election. Election counting is each state's responsibility.

This is likely going to be all about projection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

If Trump had honest people around him they'd be telling him the show's over

If Trump had honest people around him, he'd never have run for a second term

A GOP Congressman has tweeted at the president to stop, and that the votes will be counted and he’ll either win or lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

If Trump had honest people around him, he'd never have run for a second term

He would never have won the primary if the GOP did any due diligence in opposition research.

But the Russians had them all compromised with dodgy campaign donations going back decades and they had to toe the line or get outed as taking money from russia.

rosser44 wrote: »
    He would never have won the primary if the GOP did any due diligence in opposition research.

But the Russians had them all compromised with dodgy campaign donations going back decades and they had to toe the line or get outed as taking money from russia.

Five years on it’s pointless saying what should have been done or happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 themink

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    But did they say why those Atlanta suburb haven’t been counted ? If I’ve missed it then I apologise but msnbc haven’t said a reason that I’ve heard which is why I’m asking.

I believe they said there was a burst water pipe in one lication and they sent officials home for the night! Not fully clear where in Georgia it was though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

This election is over he has done it again.

themink wrote: »
    I believe they said there was a burst water pipe in one lication and they sent officials home for the night! Not fully clear where in Georgia it was though..

A burst pipe ? Well that’s very 2020.

Let’s be honest even if Biden wins this it’s clear that what Americans think their country is and what they believe are the winning issues aren’t as winning as they think. I say that from looking at the Congress results and the dems have won back the house with seats still left to fill but the senate is not a done deal at all. So, the complacency charge at the democratic isn’t a fair one this time out but I think the intransigence in american politics from both sides is still there.

rosser44 wrote: »

He won the primary because the Democrats made it all about him. Nonstop coverage. It's in the leaked documents that they'd make a "Pied Piper' candidate win the primary so the main election would be a breeze. Pity they created a monster they couldn't beat.

Uh-oh. Wisconsin 90% reporting and Trump is up 51-47. :/

This election is over he has done it again.

It isn’t and he hasn’t. He may but it’s not over yet.

• Advertisement

Uh-oh. Wisconsin 90% reporting and Trump is up 51-47. :/

Well in 2000 the networks gave Florida to bush with 99.7 % in and then pulled it back. 10 % is a lot left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Biden fans clutching to the idea that he might still win this.

Cmon people it’s over. Trump has done it again and you know it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Trump saying he's going to the Supreme Court to get voting stopped.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I find it amusing how all the trump supporters here keep calling the election over refusing to let the vote counting finish and I'm sure the same posters will howl and cry foul when it turns out Trump lost claiming it's wrong to count the mail in votes etc.

Stop counting, i'm ahead at the moment. Plotting the end of democracy

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Biden fans clutching to the idea that he might still win this.

Cmon people it’s over. Trump has done it again and you know it.

If it’s so ‘over’ why is he running to the Supreme Court to stop votes from being counted?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Nody wrote: »
    I find it amusing how all the trump supporters here keep calling the election over refusing to let the vote counting finish and I'm sure the same posters will howl and cry foul when it turns out Trump lost claiming it's wrong to count the mail in votes etc.

There does seem to be a significant amount of mail-in votes from Pennsylvania left to be counted (200k?), and Atlanta and Milwaukee a ways off from declaring. I'm not sure, but I think Georgia could fit into this category too.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

So in layman's terms.. I know its not over but as GOP control supreme court has Trump won(as its so close and challenge to courts will be in trumps favour(
    ) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Lumen wrote: »
    I don't like having the nuclear football in the hands of a petulant man-baby with the sole authority to use it pre-emptively.

At what point since Trump took office there been a danger of Trump launching nuclear missiles?

You seriously think Trump can do that on a whim?

And he doesn’t keep it under his bed. It is in the hands of a military officer.

Also the Football is, as I understand it, simply a mobile version of the several was l fixed “command centres”. If Trump is in the White House he doesn’t use that to launch missiles. Open to correction on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

MikeSoys wrote: »
    So in layman's terms.. I know its not over but as GOP control supreme court has Trump won(as its so close and challenge to courts will be in trumps favour(
    ) ?

The sc don't always vote by party affiliation

Advertisement