Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Looking like republicans will keep the senate unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

At what since Trump took office there been a danger of Trump launching nuclear missiles?

You seriously think Trump can do that on a whim?

And he doesn’t keep it under his bed. It is in the hands of a military officer.

Also the Football is, as I understand it, simply a mobile version of the several was l fixed “command centres”. If Trump is in the White House he doesn’t use that to launch missiles. Open to correction on this.

4 yrs ago I recall Des saying about letting trump access to nukes, nothing happened. Trump can't just launch nukes it's more complicated then that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And an interesting point is that three justices of the Supreme Court including the newest member and the current Chief Justice were involved in 2000 and advocated for all votes to be counted in bush’s favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Kiith wrote: »
    Trump saying he's going to the Supreme Court to get voting stopped.

Well better than his earlier “violence in the streets” attitude

MikeSoys wrote: »
    4 yrs ago I recall Des saying about letting trump access to nukes, nothing happened. Trump can't just launch nukes it's more complicated then that

And so it should be when there’s a massive nuclear Arsenal at the end of that decision.

• Advertisement

If Trump had honest people around him they'd be telling him the show's over

If Trump had honest people around him he wouldn’t be Trump

shocksy wrote: »
    Its delightful to see all the Biden supporters in a panic this morning and clutching at every single piece of straw they can. I accept it's not over yet, but you guys thought you'd be laughing hours ago listening to Bidens victory speech haha. Where has all your positivity gone eh? You's couldn't and wouldn't be told that Biden wasn't going to win this easy, but you all knew different. Well you thought you's did haha.

#Trump2020
    Stop counting in case I lose. Call Amy, Brett and Neill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,545 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Faugheen wrote: »
    If it’s so ‘over’ why is he running to the Supreme Court to stop votes from being counted?

Ya it stinks of fear as he has no leg to stand up in court anyway

Why is he worried since he appears to be in a good position, its strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

from what i read, it is very much undecided, why do people think Trump has won? Why is he going to the supreme court?

MikeSoys wrote: »

who is Des?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

If Trump had honest people around him he wouldn’t be Trump

If Biden had honest people around him theyd be telling him to prepare his loser speech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

So Trump is announcing himself the winner before the votes are counted. He's also claiming fraud and wants counting stopped. He wants the USSC to rule in his favour. This was predicted. Grim. Bye bye democracy.

Jesus Ben Shapiro is saying that what trump said is wrong. Also, if four years ago they stopped voting when trump is saying then he’d not have won two states.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Breaking :Kanye West has conceded

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

What's the story with Lindsey Graham's seat? I haven't seen any mention of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Biden fans clutching to the idea that he might still win this.

Cmon people it’s over. Trump has done it again and you know it.

Must remember when watching my team in a match to shout at the ref to blow it up once we’re ahead. Come on people it’s over. LOL

20silkcut wrote: »
    Breaking :Kanye West has conceded

Conceded what ? He’s off his mind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He retained it. Senate is still firmly in GOP hands.

He won.

So this call by trump is like the ref in 1998 blowing up early in the all Ireland semi final.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Conceded what ? He’s off his mind.

Has officially conceded that he is not going to be president it’s on RTÉ news. Bit of light relief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

He is heading back to the senate with Mitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Retained it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Reelected

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

He won if I remember right.

from what i read, it is very much undecided, why do people think Trump has won? Why is he going to the supreme court?

Because there is a lot of people here every emotional about an election in a foreign country. And they believe it affects their lives somehow.

Because there is a lot of people here with an fondness for Trump. Why? Not really sure as it makes even less sense than crying about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Because they lap up every word Trump says, regardless of whether or not it has any basis in reality.

He's going to the supreme court because he knows he's in trouble when the postal votes get counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Maybe for the principal of voter suppression really. It seems to be a core principal of his. Bad night for Dems even if Biden slips over the line.

While you have to wonder what will be after cult of personality their electoral college weakness seems to have gotten far worse as they need to turn more and more votes to see a return than Republicans.

Georgia has stalled at 93% returned with trump 100k odd ahead. Are they not going to count anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,920 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Waking to see things going according to forecast.

The GOP wanting the counting of votes in 3 key states to be delayed.

Trump claims victory without it being true and threatens to take matters to the scotus to stop the counting of votes.

Hardmen popping up on here cheering for a despot, who, if he loses, I'm sure won't be around these parts again.

The pathetic thing about this is that there hasn't been one trump supporter on this thread and others I've been on who will argue in good faith on the facts.

The reason Trump is where he is, is because of the lies. If the truth be told, he's a failed businessman, a draft dodger, a serial adulterer, a racist and an utter buffoon.

He can't defend the facts and neither can his supporters.

So it means nought to me that he declares victory. It means nothing to me when people clap their hands with glee when Don Jnr talks about "lib years". It doesn't register at all.

People cheering because he wants to throw away peoples votes? Laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

yeah i am picking up Biden will just scrape it now, this is from established journalists on th epolitical scale. Trump does my head in but i have no real political interest, so was just wondering. I would be tempted to take that 2/1 bet on Biden ha

Advertisement