Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Christy42 wrote: »
    He has put pro life judges in the supreme Court. Nothing else in Christianity matters to the hard core element of that bloc.

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭briany

Looks like this is going as predicted - Trump ahead in certain states with postal votes yet to count. This could get quite bitter indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭circadian

Very tight, if Biden gets Wisconsin and Michigan then it makes Pennsylvania a little less important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭valoren

The red mirage eh?

Biden now ahead in Wisconsin? It now makes sense as to why a sitting President can declare victory while counting remains ongoing and says he'll be taking it to the supreme court to have them stop the counting. Ordinarily between rational candidates this would be democratic blasphemy but with Trump it has become normalised chaos. Throw in the expected electoral fraud claims and it’s why he just has to be ousted for some sense of normality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's worth noting that in terms of the count process, votes cast yesterday get counted first and mail-in ballots get counted last.

We already know that democrats cast 50% more mail-in ballots then republicans.

This is why Trump is so eager to declare fraud and try to stop the counts early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Wisconsin now at a 30,000 difference from 3mn votes - Trump up by 1% with 5% left to be counted.

Biden now leading by 8,000 with 95% still reporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭dogbert27

As things currently stand:

Biden ahead in Nevada and Wisconsin = 16 electoral votes putting him at 254

Trump ahead GA, NC, PA, MI = 67 electoral votes putting him at 280

Biden needs to claim NV and WI and win MI or else this is Trumps.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

At present Biden is on a confirmed 244 (giving him NV here) so he needs 26 - with 46 on the table from WI,MI and PA all of which he is absolutely in the mix for. So he needs 2 out of those three to win.

If Biden takes them by a large enough margin it might limit the legal options.

I *think* that you can only look for recounts etc. when the margin is less than 0.5% or something like that.

Although more counting is not really with Trump is looking for right now.

One way or another we are looking at at least 2 weeks of litigation on this with suit and counter suit going back and forth.

If it does end up being settled in court as looks likely , whoever wins is going to have a huge "legitimacy" question hanging over them from a huge swathe of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

So the Christian prayers all over the world magically transformed into votes?

You said it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Biden now leading by 8,000 with 95% still reporting.

and green bay to come which should be blue

Easy to see why Trump made his speech now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Nevada, Wisconsin and Georgia and Biden wins

circadian wrote: »
    Very tight, if Biden gets Wisconsin and Michigan then it makes Pennsylvania a little less important.

It would make PA irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,079 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Looking at the AP predictions and results it's very difficult to believe the pro biden posts still holding out hope.
    I went to bed at 5am very happy with POTUS's performance and wake up to hear he has taken Iowa too. This one is gonna be a win for the donald, but with less EC votes than the 306 last time. We knew this, as AZ switched to blue.

Giving most states that are tagged as red by AP currently to Trump, we get a 280 to 260 result. A 20pt delta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

seamus wrote: »
    It's worth noting that in terms of the count process, votes cast yesterday get counted first and mail-in ballots get counted last.

It varies from state to state, Biden had a huge lead early in some due to them counting mail in first, while some that Trump took big leads in early didn't count mail in until last (and some are still counting mail ins as best I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

ELM327 wrote: »
    Looking at the AP predictions and results it's very difficult to believe the pro biden posts still holding out hope.
    I went to bed at 5am very happy with POTUS's performance and wake up to hear he has taken Iowa too. This one is gonna be a win for the donald, but with less EC votes than the 306 last time. We knew this, as AZ switched to blue.

Biden now only needs Wisconsin, Nevada and Georgia.

Someone should tell them about all the unchristian things he does.

He is not running for Pope. He is ,however, God's chosen man for America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ELM327 wrote: »

It's going to be very tight, but at the moment, it's looking like biden might pip it

Now they're saying WI 89% reporting. Bit off with their estimates it would seem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Morning all. Jasus almost nothing changed in 5 hours despite all the things that happened.

No chance by my estimation that Biden wins WI. He's less than 15k votes ahead with around 55k left to count, all in counties which are red by several points. I fear it's mathematically impossible now no matter how good the mail ins.

Georgia is a dead duck - 102k vote lead for Trump with 1% left which is only around 50k votes total. Lost cause.

All going to come down to PA. Guess we'll know by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Trump needs to run up a larger surplus in Milwaukee to take WI. Remaining counties will go red.

Edit: Milwaukee numbers are complete so no further surplus.

Id expect Trump to make up the 10k votes in WI, as remaining counties are usually red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    You said it!!
    Surely God changing peoples votes means that he's incredibly undemocratic and in fact, commits voter fraud?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

BETFAIR

Biden 2.4
    Trump 1.72

Very close again

Good god who gives a **** about betting odds? They’re about as predictive as the stock market.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thefridge2006

Biden 1.98
    Trump 2.02

Looks like the bookies have switched the favourites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

bennyl10 wrote: »
    and green bay to come which should be blue

Easy to see why Trump made his speech now

I'd have thought GB would be red? (Purely basing this on the 100% white, flag waving NFL fans)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭circadian

I think WI has to be within 1% to allow for a recount, it's in that realm and I'd be certain if Biden wins Trump will request a recount while banging on about fraud.

Whatever the result of the election I don't think it's over, expect more demonstrations and confrontations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I'd have thought GB would be red? (Purely basing this on the 100% white, flag waving NFL fans)

It’s not about the county overall but it’s remaining uncounted ballots. Those are basically only early votes at this stage which means they could break for Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Asylum15

Correct, Green Bay is mostly republican from what I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,720 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Trump needs to run up a larger surplus in Milwaukee to take WI. Remaining counties will go red.

Milwaukee has already reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thefridge2006

MJohnston wrote: »
    Good god who gives a **** about betting odds? They’re about as predictive as the stock market.

Its a very very good indicator .........

• Advertisement

Blowfish wrote: »
    Surely God changing peoples votes means that he's incredibly undemocratic and in fact, commits voter fraud?

No God doesn't change the votes. He changes the voters silly. :)

Advertisement