Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

josip wrote: »
    Are you saying that the Democratic Party are responsible for the lack of educated people in the US?

You know what, they are.

Everyone who has sat on their fat ass in Washington DC the past 70 years is responsible for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

snailsong wrote: »
    So Biden need 2/3 of the votes or close to in these. Is that likely?

He needs about 60% of the remaining PA ballots, and those are nearly all early votes. They’ve broken for Biden at around 80% in WI but PA is a very different state (even within itself).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

murpho999 wrote: »
    So what?
    Paddy Power have no information on the election.

They're moving a market that's dictated by people reacting to what's happeningon TV.

There's no insight or experts there.

They're reacting to Biden now looking like he may win those two key marginals in Wisconsin and Michigan. Thanks (if it happens) to those postal votes that Trump doesn't want counted :rolleyes:. It's an absolute disgrace that he's so close to winning again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

josip wrote: »
    Are you saying that the Democratic Party are responsible for the lack of educated people in the US?

No but its their fault for not engaging with those uneducated whom Trump has seduced

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And endless Senate investigations into Hunter and Ukraine.

Although some might say turnabout is fair game on that front...

And the Democrat AG sending all his Federal prosecutors after Trump family interests and their links to Republican bigwigs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And endless Senate investigations into Hunter and Ukraine.

Although some might say turnabout is fair game on that front...

It won't happen. Joe will retire after this humiliation and be forgotten about by next year.

I was wrong on Nevada - it tightened a bit more, but Clark County (ie. Vegas) didn’t report its mail totals yet. And probably won’t today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Biden surging ahead in the popular vote according to the tracker on RTE. He was about 1m votes ahead when I got up this morning, now 2.3m votes ahead.

I know the popular vote basically means nothing, but it does tell us where the last few counts are going.

This whole process is so bizarre; every media outlet has declared a different # of electoral votes for Biden.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

MJohnston wrote: »
    He needs about 60% of the remaining PA ballots, and those are nearly all early votes. They’ve broken for Biden at around 80% in WI but PA is a very different state (even within itself).

Pa is like 3 different states. Philly, Pittsburgh and the rural districts.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Detroit gonna swing it for Biden in Michigan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Fox are saying as many as 6 states could be disputed and challenged in the supreme court given that every state uses different counting rules this could be way worse than the Florida debacle in 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

He's saying that it's Democratic Party's fault for picking Biden. Let's be fair, he's probably a safe pair of hands but he's not a very inspiring candidate.

I think that's why he may have been picked. Let's have a quiet 4 years (you may see Republicans in cabinet) and try to move away from where we are as the Democrats can not win if if stays as it is or moves even more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

seamus wrote: »
    Biden surging ahead in the popular vote according to the tracker on RTE. He was about 1m votes ahead when I got up this morning, now 2.3m votes ahead.

I know the popular vote basically means nothing, but it does tell us where the last few counts are going.

This whole process is so bizarre; every media outlet has declared a different # of electoral votes for Biden.

Not necessarily, they're still counting in lots of 'called' states, so he could be getting more votes in the states he's already won. I think?

For a bit of contect Biden is now 2.2million ahead on the popular vote, and states like Califonia and New York are only reporting about 66%. If Trump wins on a narrow margin, Biden will likely end up with over 50% of the popular vote at at least a 4 million advantage. Mental system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

jasonb wrote: »
    Not necessarily, they're still counting in lots of 'called' states, so he could be getting more votes in the states he's already won. I think?
    That's a fair point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It won't happen. Joe will retire after this humiliation and be forgotten about by next year.
    What humiliation?
    He hasn't even lost yet

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Fox are saying as many as 6 states could be disputed and challenged in the supreme court given that every state uses different counting rules this could be way worse than the Florida debacle in 2000

It just seems that the run to the courts for everything in the US.

It's bizarre.

I mean we've had various challenges and endless recounts over the years , but I cannot remember a single election needing to call on the courts for resolution in Ireland (or the UK for that matter) in the 30+ years I've been voting.

If Biden is ahead before the provisional votes then he's in the clear even if it goes to court. The provisionals will skew very heavily Democrat, hopefully they won't be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Can't let one bad night ruin what's been an amazing year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

MJohnston wrote: »

Last time clark county voted republican.was for George Bush snr in 88

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Vote counting won't be stopped because Trump said so.

Winner will be fair and square. Let's hope the other side accepts it for the sake of democracy in the USA like mentioned

That didn't age too well, Trump is now trying to claim victory and calling the election a fraud all at the one time, while also trying to demand votes stop being counted.

Which if we're all honest, we knew would be the case if he didn't have it won by this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Can't let one bad night ruin what's been an amazing year.

Well this is something I never thought I’d hear someone say in 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

That didn't age too well, Trump is now trying to claim victory and calling the election a fraud all at the one time, while also trying to demand votes stop being counted.

Which if we're all honest, we knew would be the case if he didn't have it won by this morning.

I posted that after Trumps comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

gmisk wrote: »
    What humiliation?
    He hasn't even lost yet

only a matter of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,059 ✭✭✭✭josip

kilns wrote: »
    No but its their fault for not engaging with those uneducated whom Trump has seduced

It's not possible to compete with a populist who will say whatever appeals to the less educated in order to secure their votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

Brian? wrote: »
    20pt delta? What are you talking about?

I still think Trump is looking likely, but it’s matter of one or 2 states.

what two states?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭circadian

For a bit of contect Biden is now 2.2million ahead on the popular vote, and states like Califonia and New York are only reporting about 66%. If Trump wins on a narrow margin, Biden will likely end up with over 50% of the popular vote at at least a 4 million advantage. Mental system.

I think if Trump wins but Biden has a massive majority of popular vote then there'll be people on the streets, everyone is already so wound up. Not to mention Trump is not a gracious winner by any means so he'll happily stoke that fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

If Biden is ahead before the provisional votes then he's in the clear even if it goes to court. The provisionals will skew very heavily Democrat, hopefully they won't be needed.
    Am I right that provisional votes are ones where the illigibility of the voter is contested that take a few days to confirm and count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

only a matter of time
    I don't think it is....
    Things are all over the shop.
    People who are very pro trump seem to think Biden now has the better chance...he is now slight favourite in betting as well

Advertisement