Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭circadian

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Well this is something I never thought I’d hear someone say in 2020.

It has been an amazing year, not like "Wow that's amazing let's do that again" and more like "I'm in absolute amazement at the insanity of this year".

Am I right that provisional votes are ones where the illigibility of the voter is contested that take a few days to confirm and count?

Yup. Cuomo on CNN said he had to cast one before. They tend to be changes of address and the like and tend to skew heavily Democrat. So I'm hoping Biden has it won without needing them and the Republicans tying it up in court for weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So Nevada won't release anymore counts till 9am tomorrow (5th)? Seems pretty mental given how close it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

only a matter of time

You don't know.

Either way it's going to be very close so it's in no way a humiliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

NYT coverage has gone from giving trunp a 65ish percent chance of winning GA last night* to now being 64% Biden with 92% in. Trump is still up by 2% so it looks like the vast majority of remaining votes may be around the Atlanta area or mail ins.

*As best I remember, it was one of the last things I saw before I nodded off at 3.30 or 4am-ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Kiith wrote: »
    So Nevada won't release anymore counts till 9am tomorrow (5th)? Seems pretty mental given how close it is.

That's weird, did they give any reason as to why? They're only at 67% reporting so it's now like there's just a few finicky ones that need to be reviewed etc.

There is a reason Trump wants the counting to stop. The last places to report are typically the biggest cities which skew heavily Democrat, and mail in votes, which so far appear to favour Biden by a 60% margin. This is going to the supreme court I can feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

The Senate maybe an interesting one if no party has an overall majority the others may have a part to play which may see Mitch out

Even if Dem's don't get Majority if they get the White House and 50 Senators they still win as VP is the tiebreaker.

Looking at the results so far it's tight but there's a good chance Biden has it as looking on this:

https://www.wsj.com/election-results-2020/

Wall Street Journal has a paths to victory in it, Biden has 18 way's Trump is down to 9. That's not good for Trump as he's fewer options and he's trailing as well in the EC votes. Biden has also got the popular vote Bagged he's passed the 50% Mark as well. Can't write off Trump though until all the vote's are counted he's a stubborn turd to flush but he needs to be if the US has any hope of getting a competent leadership when it really needs it right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,720 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

sdanseo wrote: »
    This should clinch Nevada for the Democrats then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

US2 wrote: »
    I didn't delete any posts. Maybe mods did ?

It's the economy stupid is a famous bill Clinton quote. What's your point?

:pac: You did. I saw your post, others saw it too, but when you realised the race got tight again you deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

TheCitizen wrote: »
    :pac: You did. I saw your post, others saw it too, but when you realised it's got tight again you deleted.

Nope. Mods deleted it. Why would i delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Say Biden has it. He should with the postal votes. Interesting times ahead.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,552 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So where are we at the moment?

I feel it's changing by the minute and I was offline for an hour or so and feels like things have changed so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Are there any states we're expecting to hear 100% of the results for today?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

shrewd wrote: »
    what two states?

Biden only needs Wi and Michigan to swing his way and it’s done.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

PA is obviously going to take a long time to fully count, and it may not even be necessary for Biden to win, but here’s where it’s at:

https://twitter.com/nate_cohn/status/1323942990331682816?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,720 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Headshot wrote: »
    So where are we at the moment?

I feel it's changing by the minute and I was offline for an hour or so and feels like things have changed so much
    It's looking positive for Biden now. Biden is ahead in Nevada, they just have mail in votes to count. Michigan is looking good for Biden, Trump has a slim lead, but Biden has lots of urban votes that should swing it. Biden is ahead in Wisconsin with very little to count. If he wins them he gets to 270.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

Ok, I can understand Nevada taking some time off from counting, but a whole day? They're not starting again until 9am their time on the 5th? Can't they restart sooner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That was quite the hour!

Literally, every hour last night from 10pm Irish time onwards it has flip-flopped.

This hour has been no different.

I dread to think what we'll be like come lunchtime.

shrewd wrote: »
    what two states?

Biden only needs Wi and Michigan to swing his way and it’s done.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Shelga wrote: »
    Are there any states we're expecting to hear 100% of the results for today?

I think it’s possible we’ll hear WI called today, and maybe even GA too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

People are dreaming, CNN trying to not declare anything, lets just squeeze another few hours, another few minutes with this dream of winning. Tears in their eyes. It's done, Trump won, and got more votes than last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Say Biden has it. He should with the postal votes. Interesting times ahead.

It's a disgrace that Trump has got so close but it will be sweet if Biden wins after Trump was so triumphant last night. Fingers crossed for Biden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭circadian

One of the initiatives that will have an interesting outcome in the next few years is in Virginia. If you look at the electoral map it's been gerrymandered so much it makes absolutely no sense.

"Virginia Question 1. Establish Redistricting Commission
    Moves the drawing of the state's congressional and legislative districts from the state legislature to a redistricting commission composed of state legislators and citizens."

Passed by a landslide.

People are dreaming, CNN trying to not declare anything, lets just squeeze another few hours, another few minutes with this dream of winning. Tears in their eyes. It's done, Trump won, and got more votes than last time.

Do you think they should declare States that haven't counted their substantial urban areas?

Seems a bit premature.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Really??

TheCitizen wrote: »
    It's a disgrace that Trump has got so close but it will be sweet if Biden wins after Trump was so triumphant last night. Fingers crossed for Biden.

And the planet.

Anyone with this level of certainty has no clue what they’re talking about.

It can go either way.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Do you think they should declare States that haven't counted their substantial urban areas?

Seems a bit premature.

Trumps lead is enough to call it, they know he can't lose .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

There's been some outlandish predictions here, but this is up there

Advertisement