Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

Brian? wrote: »
    Is it enough? Could be just about enough.

Michigan+Wi+NV+Az= President Biden

Maybe. Still a lot of mail ballots to be counted but Dems are in a much better position now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Loughc wrote: »
    Honest question here, I honestly don't have a clue nor do I pretend to, how can it go either way, from what I can see Trump is leading in most of the larger remaining electoral votes states, will that not be enough to push him over the line?

I can only see Biden ahead in NV, WI, AZ, which are low enough electoral votes.
    Because his lead is tight enough and some of the big cities in those states have still got a lot of votes to count. And generally those votes are splitting 60/40 for Biden, so for every 100k votes, Trump's lead is cut by 20k.

Detroit as an example. 63% reported and Biden takes 37% more of the vote than Trump. So if the remaining votes go the same way, that's 130k marginal increase for Biden which would take him well past Trump (obvs not counting other areas of Michigan and how they'd affect the total).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Christy42 wrote: »
    Give DC senators. Reps should figure out how to win big cities.

I get Republicans seem to not like Democrats voting but it is weird that there are US citizens not at all represented in the senate.

Or you could give DC back to Maryland where it came from. The original idea of DC is now flawed, but it shouldn’t be its own state. PR can go through statehood. It does have support on both sides in reality if they want it. They don’t currently don’t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Quick question - when the infographics state '92% of the expected votes counted' - does that include the postal votes too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,555 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That guy doing the magic wall on CNN is a wizard on it and he'll have carpal tunnel by the time this is all finished lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

bennyl10 wrote: »
    There's been some outlandish predictions here, but this is up there

should see him on the liverpool thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,512 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Loughc wrote: »
    Honest question here, I honestly don't have a clue nor do I pretend to, how can it go either way, from what I can see Trump is leading in most of the larger remaining electoral votes states, will that not be enough to push him over the line?

I can only see Biden ahead in NV, WI, AZ, which are low enough electoral votes.

Those 3 bring him to 254 meaning he needs 16 to take it.

MI, PA, & GA are worth 16-20 votes. NC is worth 15
    Trump is ahead in those states, but some are only have mail in votes left which are heavily democrat (COVID compliance/denial among other reasons). While Trump is ahead in those states. Biden could catch him in any of them. Michigan in particular is going to be key as Trump is leading on <50%.

Trumps has to win those 4 to reach 270. Biden takes it with any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,196 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Biden only needs 32 more EC votes. Yes he has this. He can get that from just two more states Michigan and Georgia both with 16 EC votes then he will have won.
    Be great to have a proper President back in the USA again and not a Clown.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭dogbert27

True.

And if that were to happen there would probably be a re-launch of Keeping Up with the Kardashians in the White House! :mad:

So yes, you're right, not anyone! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Mellor wrote: »
    Those 3 bring him to 254 meaning he needs 16 to take it.

MI, PA, & GA are worth 16-20 votes. NC is worth 15
    Trump is ahead in those states, but some are only have mail in votes left which are heavily democrat (COVID compliance/denial among other reasons). While Trump is ahead in those states. Biden could catch him in any of them. Michigan in particular is going to be key as Trump is leading on <50%.

Trumps has to win those 4 to reach 270. Biden takes it with any of them.

Wisconson is not nailed in yet either though. Even it is Biden as favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Headshot wrote: »
    That guy doing the magic wall on CNN is a wizard on it and he'll have carpal tunnel by the time this is all finished lol

They must have done some intense magic wall training

DC is a federal district. Puerto Rico is a territory and they have apply for statehood.

And neither will apply for statehood, because Republicans don't like citizens who might vote blue do have equal rights and wouldn't even entertain the idea

Brian? wrote: »
    Is it enough? Could be just about enough.

Michigan+Wi+NV+Az= President Biden

Az?

Do you mean Ak, Alaska?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,638 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

signostic wrote: »
    Bookies are following the money, more now betting on Biden, their aim is not to lose money..

Explain exchanges then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Disgraceful that Trump did, as feared, and called into question the legitimacy of the outcome. I suppose the only encouragement to be taken is doing that suggests those within his camp are nervous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Take the betting talk to the gambling forum please. Posts deleted.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Michigan looks to be the key now, Trump marginally ahead but Biden catching him slowly. If Biden wins that it's over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,638 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Biden will romp home now when the postals are tallied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Disgraceful that Trump did, as feared, and called into question the legitimacy of the outcome. I suppose the only encouragement to be taken is doing that suggests those within his camp are nervous.

Why he would do that, when he can win legit (well as legit as the electoral college can be), is beyond me. The man is a fool imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,196 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Az?

Do you mean Ak, Alaska?

No he means Arizona no doubt.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Yes, this is done. Biden will win 3 of the 5 swing states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

And neither will apply for statehood, because Republicans don't like citizens who might vote blue do have equal rights and wouldn't even entertain the idea

DC can't apply for statehood. GOP supports PR statehood and it wouldn't be solid blue. A lot of Latinos in Florida and Texas voted for the GOP.

AMKC wrote: »
    No he means Arizona no doubt.

But Arizona already got called for Biden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,512 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Az?

Do you mean Ak, Alaska?

Arizona

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

SNIP. Don't dump tweets here and don't derail the thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The story unfolding has been, to be fair, fascinating. I woke at 3am last night, Biden was well ahead. Woke again (neither wake was intentional!) at 5.30am and awake since. At that stage, Trump was steaming ahead and I really thought Biden was a goner.

Cut to 11am and its reversed for the candidates, looking like Trump will struggle over the line if he's to make it. And his speech last night is absolutely his backup plan in case Biden edges it. It reeked of desperation and poor-me, even more than his usual speeches.

As many have pointed out on Twitter, red and blue mirages and double mirages were well predicted ahead of time, and then as soon as results started coming we immediately forgot all of that and started freaking out.
    We need to be patient, hopefully GA and WI/MI can become more solid today. Maybe even AZ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭rameire

Info taken from CNN.
    nothing has updated in a half hour.

531722.PNG

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭quokula

Aside from Puerto Rico and DC, if the Democrats do end up controlling the Presidency and the houses (which is a big ask now, but maybe come midterms), is there scope for them to reform the electoral college in general so that those living in major coastal cities have a vote that is worth as much as those living in rural states? Each state has its own rules, but it must be a federal decision how many electoral college votes a given state gets? Surely that needs to be rebalanced according to current populations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

rameire wrote: »
    Info taken from CNN.
    nothing has updated in a half hour.

531722.PNG

Looks likes it's game over for Trump so with them figures. No way back.

Advertisement