Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,720 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I am calling Wisconsin for Biden. Biden’s lead in Wisconsin has grown to 11,034. Awaiting only Kenosha which voted Trump 47.2% to Clinton 46.9% in 2016. If anything Biden should stretch his lead out further in Wisconsin. Put a fork in Wisconsin, it's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

Trump's lead in Michigan down to 12,000 now, I think it's gonna flip blue soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,555 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Wisconisin

Bidan has increase his lead by 20 thousand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Headshot wrote: »
    Wisconisin

Bidan has increase his lead by 20 thousand

Oh thank god.

I am calling Michigan for Biden. Only have half the tallies for Detroit are in, and Biden has already erased the Trump lead. Michigan should be comfortable for Biden now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

prawnsambo wrote: »
    People seem to be forgetting Maine which has 4 EC votes. I know it's small, but it's still not settled - Biden on 54% with about 75% of the vote counted. Wisconsin looks tight, but that looks like widening a lot as the rest of Milwaukee gets counted. So if AZ (11), NV (6), ME (4) and WI (10) go to Biden, that only leaves him needing 15 to get to 270.

Guardian ahve him on 238 With Arizona done

WI(10) and NV(6) plus if Michigan(16) turns, as it looks likely, were all done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Oh thank god.
    I don't think there's any way back for trump in Wisconsin. It's just going to widen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I am calling Michigan for Biden. Only have the tallies for Detroit are in, and Biden has already erased the Trump lead. Michigan should be comfortable for Biden now.

so Nevada and done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

jasonb wrote: »
    Trump's lead in Michigan down to 12,000 now, I think it's gonna flip blue soon...

It was six figures hours ago. Some shift towards Biden. This isn’t over yet lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It was six figures hours ago. Some shift towards Biden. This isn’t over yet lads.

It's over. Done and dusted. Biden is president elect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

Nevada and the final EV from Maine, along with Wisconsin and Michigan, and Biden is on 270. We won't get anything from Nevada until tomorrow afternoon our time.

Edit, sorry, he'd be on 271, so he doesn't actually need that final EV from Maine.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    so Nevada and done
    Biden leads in Nevada with only postal votes (mostly Democrat) left to be counted. Nevada is Biden's almost certainly now.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

At this stage it'd be another twist if Trump wins, everything in Bidens favour at the moment.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Betting odds are far from particularly accurate and Apologies as I know the thread was flooded with them earlier, but it's worth noting that Biden has gone from minor outsider early this morning to 1/3 odds on.

Might also just be a flood of money put on him as people make sense of the way votes are counted this year with some mail ins being counted late etc.

BREAKING: Joe Biden has surpassed Barack Obama’s 2008 popular vote total, breaking the record for most votes ever received by a candidate at a US Presidential Election.

If Biden wins he won't be inaugurated..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

BREAKING: Joe Biden has surpassed Barack Obama’s 2008 popular vote total, breaking the record for most votes ever received by a candidate at a US Presidential Election.

There has been a surge so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Where are the trump supporters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,555 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I feel like all of Trumps voters are now in and already calculated for him where as now we have mail in voters which appears to be in Democratic's favour so Bidens votes are increasing by the minute

This is why Trump was scared ****less earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭dogbert27

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Guardian ahve him on 238 With Arizona done

WI(10) and NV(6) plus if Michigan(16) turns, as it looks likely, were all done

Yeah that's what I've been seeing for the last few hours and why I was confused that Az was still being discussed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Why ?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Trumps lead in Michigan has now shrunk to 2200 votes, according to Decision Desk. And still plenty of mail/early votes to count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

breezy1985 wrote: »
    One thing I really dont get is how having the candidate visit your state makes people vote for them. How incredibly fickle and also naive to thing it means anything
    Trick as old as time, all comes back to pure tribalism.

It's more that if a candidate doesn't visit a state, people interpret that to mean that the candidate doesn't care about them. The more often he visits, the more he cares.

Being one of the last states the candidate visits before polling day means you're especially privileged and the candidate cares more about your state than others.

It's pure nonsense, but very common where the leader of the government is placed on a pedestal and considered a national institution in their own right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

So Biden doesn't need Georgia, North Carolina or Pennsylvania to win at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Brian? wrote: »
    Why ?

Well maybe the poster didn’t mean this, but literally I can’t imagine an inauguration ceremony happening in the same way as usual due to Covid. Trump would of course do it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

What do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

MJohnston wrote: »
    Trumps lead in Michigan has now shrunk to 2200 votes, according to Decision Desk. And still plenty of mail/early votes to count.

Put your hands up for Detroit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Trump is now 9/4 on Paddy Power. Where are all those lads who were shouting I told you so when the bookies went behind Trump last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

transylman wrote: »
    Put your hands up for Detroit

I love this city

Advertisement