Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,079 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Brian? wrote: »
    The popular vote in Pa is very important.
    True. But it's tagged red by some margin right now.
    Not in the states.
    It is absolutely irrelevant, if you win by 1 or by 1 mill you get the EC vote

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

ELM327 wrote: »
    Thankfully popular vote % is irrelevant.

My god man, this is one of the least informed things I’ve heard all day!

Popular vote doesn’t matter on a national level, but it is 100% critical on a state level. If Biden wins the popular vote in PA, he has won the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

I went to bed depressed at 4am. Woke up at 8:30 and checked the news, a glimmer of hope. Now I’m very hopeful.

So obviously Trump is going to win.

Yeah Biden is obviously favourite at the moment but it would take a pretty minor shock to swing it back out the other way.

Many here seem to be calling it but I am less certain about it just yet.

The EC is based off the number of seats each state has. Dems could adopt the Wyoming Rule which would eliminate the imbalance in the House.

Would do nothing for the Senate however

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

If Trump loses it is solely due to the leftist media and leftist social media owners who pump out anti Trump propagnda and fake news 24 hours a day.

I really hope he wins to restore some faith in democracy, and if it needs to be through the supreme court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

He misspoke. Simple. I’m 42 and do it all the time.

My own mother calls me by my brothers name half the time. I'm sure many parents do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

ELM327 wrote: »
    Thankfully popular vote % is irrelevant.

That graph is just looking at the vote projections of Pennsylvania, with is a huge worry for Trump if it comes to pass - nothing to do with the popular vote.

Still, it's mad to say that thankfully the popular vote % is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

My own mother calls me by my brothers name half the time. I'm sure many parents do the same.

I've only two daughters and constantly call them the wrong names...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

And the lads telling us that betting odds were THE true source of how this election was going when Trump was at 1.25.

Some people were going so far as to say the likes of CNN etc were a disgrace because they continued to say it’s too close to call and Biden was doing well in some areas despite the betting markets suggested Trump had it in the bag

All the US networks, including Fox, stood fairly firm on ‘this is going all the way’ while lads here somehow thought they knew better

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

RonaVirus wrote: »
    If Trump loses it is solely due to the leftist media and leftist social media owners who pump out anti Trump propagnda and fake news 24 hours a day.

I really hope he wins to restore some faith in democracy, and if it needs to be through the supreme court.

I think you’ll find that if he loses it will be because less people voted for him.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Ignorance is Strength..

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

Are you for real?..the willful blindness is almost funny,..

You think mixing up someones name is an absolute sign? As I said, my own mother often refers to me by my brothers name. Many people do the same thing if the person is on their mind.
    Give over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If he wins its due to the people who voted. People are responsible for their own actions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Who are you trying to fool with this? The votes are cast, there’s no one here left to persuade to vote for someone else. I really don’t understand why Trumpists keep persisting with such a blatant lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Not if anymore
    When

And he lost an election, no more democratic way.

Dry those tears now

You think mixing up someones name is an absolute sign? As I said, my own mother often refers to me by my brothers name. Many people do the same thing if the person is on their mind.
    Give over

No, but it's one of many, many examples..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

So Trump is out??

I’m blind? Joe Biden has been making gaffes like this for 40 years.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I feel like I've aged 14 years in the past 14 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I've only two daughters and constantly call them the wrong names...

The trouble only starts when you call the wife by the dogs name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

https://www.bitchute.com/video/jJrXxqQe9qwq/ via bitslide

Explain this so.. this isn't any speech impediment..
    This will be a very familiar mistake to anyone who has more than one child.

I’m blind? Joe Biden has been making gaffes like this for 40 years.

No he hasn't..he isn't half the man he was a few years ago..

Ignorance is Strength..

I’d place a large wager that you’ve never read 1984 and if you did you missed the point.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The dude is barely there mentally.. what will he be like in another 3 months time?..

Here we go... Trump supporters will be conceding graciously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yep, it looks to be over now. The last battles will be for Pennsylvania and Georgia, states that Biden doesn't need, but I am sure he would like. PA is looking good for him based on what's posted above.

I skipped all the pages from when I went to bed, tell me have you been flipping back and forth with the same gusto in the meantime? :D

As I said hours ago, still a long way to go here. Nevada being close is interesting and it could be a few days before the vote is known there as they will be accepting ballots for another few days. trump being close there is a major concern, I have always been consistent that I think Biden wins Wisconsin and Michigan when all is said and done, PA would seal the deal if he does hold Arizona even if he loses Nevada but obviously it would be better to hold it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,726 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

seamus wrote: »
    Trick as old as time, all comes back to pure tribalism.

It's more that if a candidate doesn't visit a state, people interpret that to mean that the candidate doesn't care about them. The more often he visits, the more he cares.

Being one of the last states the candidate visits before polling day means you're especially privileged and the candidate cares more about your state than others.

It's pure nonsense, but very common where the leader of the government is placed on a pedestal and considered a national institution in their own right.

I don't get why anyone falls for it. It's not like he is gonna give a s*** about your state after election day

No he hasn't..he isn't half the man he was a few years ago..

You’re a gas man. Clueless, but entertaining nonetheless.

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

markets beginning to rally, from what i gather via various market media, assumption is now strongly Biden

I’d place a large wager that you’ve never read 1984 and if you did you missed the point.

Haha..

Sigh..

I think you might have..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The dude is barely there mentally.. what will he be like in another 3 months time?..

You use the word dude and talk about people's mentality.

Advertisement