Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

So Trump is out??

Not yet, that being said some Trump supporter's were jumping the gun earlier in the thread thinking he already had it, Biden is still leading nationally and with the popular vote, watching Michigan, Pensylvannia and that atm, Biden WAS trailing but he's just made major jumps in the last few hours as larger pop centers declared to close the gap, very likely he's going to overtake Trump. If he does and wins those states it's game over for Trumpy.
    markets beginning to rally, from what i gather via various market media, assumption is now strongly Biden

If Biden wins and the Dem's get 50 seat's that's going to be a big one, it means Dem's have full control of government and can pass legislation quickly to deal with Covid fallout and economic issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,720 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

So Trump is out??
    Yes, Biden has it, it's just a case of by how much.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

No he hasn't..he isn't half the man he was a few years ago..

Man, Trumps cognitive claim to fame was passing a test that, among other things, had pictures of animals and asked you to pick the elephant. Also a series of words, the infamous person, woman, man, camera, tv.

Biden is 77 and seems in far better physical shape and yeah has had a few gaffes here and there but you are really graspingnif mixing up a name is what you are pointing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,746 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

It seems like trumps supporters have Biden derangement syndrome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,726 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

murpho999 wrote: »
    You use the word dude and talk about people's mentality.

Harsh dude : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Infini wrote: »
    Not yet, that being said some Trump supporter's were jumping the gun earlier in the thread thinking he already had it, Biden is still leading nationally and with the popular vote, watching Michigan, Pensylvannia and that atm, Biden WAS trailing but he's just made major jumps in the last few hours as larger pop centers declared to close the gap, very likely he's going to overtake Trump. If he does and wins those states it's game over for Trumpy.

I don't mind supporters doing it. I feel some are still premature calling it for Biden here.

Trump calling it last night was ridiculous. I guess it is all to build a narrative which is all he cares about. Looks like the media was ready for it after his warnings and didn't bite.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RonaVirus wrote: »
    If Trump loses it is solely due to the leftist media and leftist social media owners who pump out anti Trump propagnda and fake news 24 hours a day.

I really hope he wins to restore some faith in democracy, and if it needs to be through the supreme court.

Well that final oxymoron gave me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭nc6000

https://www.bitchute.com/video/jJrXxqQe9qwq/ via bitslide

Explain this so.. this isn't any speech impediment..

He was obviously going to introduce her as his late son's daughter, do you really think he thought it was his dead son?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Dodge wrote: »
    Some people were going so far as to say the likes of CNN etc were a disgrace because they continued to say it’s too close to call and Biden was doing well in some areas despite the betting markets suggested Trump had it in the bag

All the US networks, including Fox, stood fairly firm on ‘this is going all the way’ while lads here somehow thought they knew better

Yeah I couldn't believe the way the odds went last night, wish i had the balls to have stuck a proper wedge on Biden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

ELM327 wrote: »
    True. But it's tagged red by some margin right now.

It is absolutely irrelevant, if you win by 1 or by 1 mill you get the EC vote

Popular vote in PA is still important and a large number of mail in ballots have to be counted. You really are misinformed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

It’s funny thinking back to 4am to 5am last night and the panic within the ranks. You read and prepare for the ‘red mirage’ but when you see Trump up 16 in Pennsylvania and 8 in Michigan it is hard not to get worried.

That was a long night.

Arizona is. Texas will not become solid blue.

More specifically talking about NM, AZ and NV. Its the urbanisation of TX around Austin, Dallas Forth Worth and Houston that is moving Texas towards Purple, or less red at least

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Harsh dude : )

Well, that's just like his opinion, man.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,746 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

So apparently Biden has broken the record for most votes ever?

Wow. Just shows how popular he is

Biden derangement syndrome will curse trump now for the rest of his life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,726 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Is there anywhere I could get a breakdown of what the electoral college votes would look like if states had to split them based on percentage of the vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

Still 12,000 between them in Michigan, it hasn't gone blue yet. But still approx. 10% of votes left to be counted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ignorance is Strength..

Banned for multiple posts.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Trump's speech earlier was a disgrace, to me it beggars belief that he got a single vote, nevermind x number of million. Christ Almighty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,079 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

So Trump is out??
    Nope, in fact still has a clear path to victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭McFly85

I can see this dragging on. Looks like Biden could clinch it but I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump spends the rest of his time trying to discredit the result and bring it to the courts, regardless of evidence.

I find it bizarre that so many people(including many on this thread) are championing this course of action. People speak of Trump as some sort of messiah who can do no wrong and cannot fail, when he’s arguably the worst President the US has ever had.

It seems like millions of Americans don’t actually care about the democratic process anymore, as long as they’re on the winning side they don’t care how they got there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I reckon this will role on for weeks now. absantee ballots will be double and triple checked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

jasonb wrote: »
    Still 12,000 between them in Michigan, it hasn't gone blue yet. But still approx. 10% of votes left to be counted.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1323971227065720833?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Is there anywhere I could get a breakdown of what the electoral college votes would look like if states had to split them based on percentage of the vote

Well that would just look like the popular vote, surely?

Edit: oh i guess you mean the per-state popular vote. Hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Not with Michigan and Wisconsin looking as they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It’s give a false picture though. Some republicans won’t vote in obvious democrat states (and vice versa obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

You want to clear up what you mean about PA’s popular vote not mattering?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

El Sueño wrote: »
    Trump's speech earlier was a disgrace, to me it beggars belief that he got a single vote, nevermind x number of million. Christ Almighty

When you consider this, the country is in a bad place and Biden winning may only provide temporary respite.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It’s clear alright. He needs to win Pa, Ga and Mi

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

letowski wrote: »
    It’s funny thinking back to 4am to 5am last night and the panic within the ranks. You read and prepare for the ‘red mirage’ but when you see Trump up 16 in Pennsylvania and 8 in Michigan it is hard not to get worried.

That was a long night.

Some of us kept our composure though ;)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Christy42 wrote: »
    I don't mind supporters doing it. I feel some are still premature calling it for Biden here.

Trump calling it last night was ridiculous. I guess it is all to build a narrative which is all he cares about. Looks like the media was ready for it after his warnings and didn't bite.

well its playing out now , trump and his team obviously saw what was going to unfold , why would someone say he was going to go to the supreme court if he was going to win

Advertisement