Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1324006396397002752

What if this all boils down to Nevada?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

What is the basis for his SC challenge?
    Is it solely with mail in ballots or the fact that they are counting votes after Nov 3 which was never an issue before?

I see Farage going on about widespread fraud on Andrew Neil show but when asked he said no evidence yet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

AMKC wrote: »
    How is that negative energy? That is positive energy. Trump and his ilk are negative energy.
    I would say it will really depend on how the Biden presidency goes and who will be the candidates in 2024 as to what electoral turnout will be like then.
    Voting to get rid of Trump is not voting on Biden because you like his policies. Obama did not drive voters out in great numbers because getting rid of the republican but because he drove hope in the voting process. Now if we compare the two I agree Trump and Trump's time in power has been far more negative driven but if you had replaced Trump with Bush clone 2.0 for the four years instead do you think the number of voters would been even close to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Shelga wrote: »
    If Biden wins WI, MI and NV he's on 270 right?

But if he loses any one of those, and Trump wins PA, GA and NC, Trump wins the election?

It still seems all to play for?

Those are the permutations alright. WI & MI seem very positive for Biden now. NV is probably the dodgiest of them. The thing is that Biden has a very good shout in PA and also GA is very close so he has a lot of different paths to victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

If my maths are right, Biden has pulled back 100k in Pennslyvania in the last couple of hours. Still 500k behind though.

It's looking positive for Biden, but until AP calls Wisconsin, Michigan and Nevada (tomorrow at the earliest) or he gets Georgia or NC or Pennsylvania, it's not done yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

J2CVC wrote: »
    Man you're way out on this. Bookmakers follow the exchanges. They're all the same. If they're not people can hedge bets and guarantee a profit. Believe me the betting market is the best indicator you will find.
    Looks like Trump has awoken from his slumber.

This is embarrassing.

Somebody should tell him it's called waiting to count all the votes. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

It doesnt look like arizona is in play for Trump at all, 538 are showing it 99% counted and Biden ahead by 3.4 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,208 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

They are deluded Arizona is 99% reported and Biden leads by 100k, also Nevadas postal votes that are left are all clark county which is at 84% and if it stays at its current percentage for Biden will outweigh any gains he makes elsewhere in the state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Hmm it seems that AZ hasn't been called. That also complicates matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

AZ has been called for Biden. Id be very surprised if trump takes Nevada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

jasonb wrote: »
    I imagine he knows exactly how it works, he just wants to preach the conspiracy theory to his followers...

And as you can see here, they will lap it up. This was the plan all along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Really hard to keep track of counts when different media report different numbers. I'm going with the Reuters one that RTE is using.

Looks like there's about 270,000 votes to be counted from Detroit still, and Biden is winning 2:1 there, which gives him a 90,000 vote lead out of Detroit alone.

With 230,000 other votes still to be counted from the rest of Michigan, Trump would have to win at least 3:1 out of these in order to turn MI around.

Back of napkin calculations, but says to me that it's in the bag.

Suggestions that Trump thinks Az is still available, but Biden is 100,000 votes ahead with less than 100,000 votes to count. So that's a definite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Shouldn't have a hope in Nevada based on whats left to be counted and mail in

they needed MI and WN and now are panicking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭letowski

Folks, I agree with Donald Trump, all counting must stop now, we are well beyond election day.

.. because as things stand Biden wins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Not that it's looking like a possible scenario right now , but if that were the case who has the casting vote?

I'd guess the leader of the House (Pelosi in this case ) but given how arcane and convoluted the US system seems to be , who knows?

Why would there be a casting vote if one candidate has more electoral college votes from their 25 states?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

270-268 seems the likeliest outcome in favour of Biden, assumes MI, WI, AZ, NV got to Biden, that Trump wins Nebraska 4-1 and Biden wins Maine 3-1, and also Trump holds PA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Google's trackers has Biden on 238, if I am corre t those first three states would land him on exactly 270 meaning none of the others would be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Arizona is only 84% of votes counted (according to The Associated Press) or 86% according to NBC. It's not in the bag yet for Biden.

PA could become the kingmaker here.

Nevada is very tight. If it was to swing back to Trump, PA stayed with Trump and no other states flipped, then Trump has it.

The confidence of Biden's team (and noise from Trump's) suggests that their accountants don't see Nevada going with Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Governor of Pennsylvania making a speech right now affirming that every vote will be counted and they will strongly resist any outside influences which attempt to delegitimize the democratic process.

Very strong statement from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Kur4mA wrote: »
    Arizona is only 84% of votes counted (according to The Associated Press) or 86% according to NBC. It's not in the bag yet for Biden.

it is
    based on where the votes are left, huge dem numbers left and mail in voters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think Biden's going to take Pensylvannia too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Google's trackers has Biden on 238, if I am corre t those first three states would land him on exactly 270 meaning none of the others would be needed.

Yes that's right.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Faugheen wrote: »
    Nearly everything left is vote-by-mail.

There is simply no way you can make that call. Nearly everything left in Georgia is in Atlanta.

Both vote by mail and Atlanta typically lean democrat so it's not an unreasonable call.

Added, ignore me, I re-read the post you were responding to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,208 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Kur4mA wrote: »

Fox have called it for Biden and everyone im looking at has it at 99%, there's definitely some confusion here and id like to know whats happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭rameire

Based on the finer details within Arizona I dont believe the 99% is correct.
    I believe it is in the 86%.

for example for Maricopa County it is saying 86% counted.
    that leaves 262960 votes to be counted in that county alone.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

seamus wrote: »
    PA could become the kingmaker here.

Nevada is very tight. If it was to swing back to Trump, PA stayed with Trump and no other states flipped, then Trump has it.

The confidence of Biden's team (and noise from Trump's) suggests that their accountants don't see Nevada going with Trump.

Not 100% but Nevadas remaining votes are from the Vegas Region if im not mistaken and mail votes, that would solidify Bidens lead would it not?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    it is
    based on where the votes are left, huge dem numbers left and mail in voters
    Yeah, just looking at that. Virtually all of the votes left to count in Nevada are in places that favour Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Graham wrote: »
    Both vote by mail and Atlanta typically lean democrat so it's not an unreasonable call.

What? I think you’re agreeing with me here...

Advertisement