Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

John King has jumped from Clare County to Roscommon County in Michigan Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Fox's dials have Biden with a 95% chance in Michigan, 93% in Wisconsin and 70% in Nevada

Nevada is vitally important, if PA doesn't narrow!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Fox's dials have Biden with a 95% chance in Michigan, 93% in Wisconsin and 70% in Nevada

I see that - Also they have Georgia , North Carolina and Pennsylvania blank.

Have they stopped counting there or something, is that why they are blank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Don’t have access to Fox. What is the general tone to their coverage?
    I know Hannity will be shouting fraud but what about the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Clareemigrant

Must be first time ever that a Mayo team snatch victory from the jaws of defeat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Roanmore wrote: »
    Don’t have access to Fox. What is the general tone to their coverage?
    I know Hannity will be shouting fraud but what about the others?

Calm and neutral. Brett Baier and McMallum hosting with Juan Williams, Chris Wallace among others on the panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

kilns wrote: »
    Crazy story that USPS failed to deliver 27% of mail in ballots in South Florida

You wont hear Trump mentioning that

String in bow of Dems if Trumps goes legal as they may be allowed to count these votes and as evidence has proved the majority of mail in ballots are democrats and that would flip Florida

Is there a source for that?
    Quin_Dub wrote: »
    We're discussing the scenario of a 269-269 draw leading to a House vote on the President , which is on a State by State basis.

It is possible for the House to be drawn 25-25 in the State head to head , hence the need for a casting vote.

It's a highly unlikely scenario given the state of play right now , but just musing.

The Nebraska result took that off the table, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭This is it

35k ahead in Michigan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It's tied with the order to USPS to find the missing 300.000 scanned in ballots that were not delivered.
    The order came after the Postal Service filed data in court Tuesday that showed about 300,000 ballots nationwide that haven’t been scanned to confirm they were delivered, even though USPS says they were processed.

USPS also shared data that revealed low on-time delivery scores of completed ballots, including about 74% in South Florida.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

USPS themselves. However when the order was made by the judge they more or less said no, they'll do it on their own schedule.

https://twitter.com/usatodayDC/status/1323996339932483585
    https://twitter.com/johnkruzel/status/1324004554485211136?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,923 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Wisconsin called for Biden by 20,697 votes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Calm and neutral. Brett Baier and McMallum hosting with Juan Williams, Chris Wallace among others on the panel.

The sensible journalists at Fox. They wouldn't let Hannity near the election coverage, he isn't really a journalist.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Anybody who leads the popular vote by 2.6 million and loses has to ask questions about the fairness of the system.
    Although I think he will do it now.
    He's virtually got Wisconsin now, and Michigan looks likely. Once Nevada counts the (overwhelmingly blue) mail-in ballots, he's hit 270

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

everlast75 wrote: »
    Wisconsin called for Biden by 20,697 votes

I just get results soon when I search. Who is reporting this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Christy42 wrote: »
    I just get results soon when I search. Who is reporting this?

Wisconsin.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If Biden holds Michigan, claims that "it's over" may actually be accurate.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Anybody who leads the popular vote by 2.6 million and loses has to ask questions about the fairness of the system.
    Although I think he will do it now.

If Trump wins, it'll be the third time in 20 years that someone has won the electoral college and lost the popular vote. Questions will definitely be asked about the fairness of it, but I think the system will only change if the issue affects both parties. And right now, the Republicans have no incentive to consent to that change, since they're the ones benefiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Must be first time ever that a Mayo team snatch victory from the jaws of defeat
    Slow down with all the posting there Ted!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

MJohnston wrote: »
    To me it’s utterly insane that this isn’t the case nationally. I mean I know *why* that is, but the gerrymandering situation combined with the ridiculous Senate seat-population, and the undemocratic Electoral College really underscore an ugly truth about Republicans

And Democrats. We had a very similar proposition in California, to remove the power of redistricting from the (Democrat) legislature (I can't recall if they were a supermajority at the time or not) to a citizen's redistricting commission.

You'll never guess which party opposed this. (And lost, by about a 2:1 ratio of the voters). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_California_Proposition_11
    ddarcy wrote: »
    Or you could give DC back to Maryland where it came from. The original idea of DC is now flawed, but it shouldn’t be its own state. PR can go through statehood. It does have support on both sides in reality if they want it. They don’t currently don’t.

Why is also what happened to Virginia, and why the county of Alexandria, which used to be part of DC, is now helping turn the State blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Can anyone confirm what the actual state of play in Arizona is?

I'm aware there was an error on the reporting percentage. Can we confirm what the remaining votes are likely to go in that state? I can't see anything concrete anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Hurrache wrote: »
    Wisconsin.

I will admit they seem like a source who would know. Great news. Now onto Michigan and getting AZ and NV confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

One small thing for both sides, they need to be better with spending their money on viral candidates .,,,examples?

Amy Mc Grath and James Harrison in the senate, while the GOP base yet again looks like have splashed to much money on hopeless candidates who have some viral fame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭This is it

32k ahead in Michigan with about 100k left to count

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nbc News is calling Maine for Biden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They did accept he won. It was just hard to understand how it happened.

Remember #notmypresident?

Looks like this race is down to Nevada - unless Arizona goes Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,731 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

timeToLive wrote: »
    Remember #notmypresident?

Looks like this race is down to Nevada - unless Arizona goes Red

Nothing wrong with saying his views don't represent yours.

Trump is trying to declare the election illegal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

If Trump wins, it'll be the third time in 20 years that someone has won the electoral college and lost the popular vote. Questions will definitely be asked about the fairness of it, but I think the system will only change if the issue affects both parties. And right now, the Republicans have no incentive to consent to that change, since they're the ones benefiting.

The more I think about it the more undemocratic and suppressive a practice it seems to be. Americans are voting as one nation to fill the role of head of state. I could accept an electoral college for something like the House of Representatives to balance out the disparity between states but all it does here is to diminish the voices of some Americans based on where they live.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,556 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

There's 100 thousand votes to still to be counted in Michigan

Do we know are these 100k mail in voting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The more I think about it the more undemocratic and suppressive a practice it seems to be. Americans are voting as one nation to fill the role of head of state. I could accept an electoral college for something like the House of Representatives to balance out the disparity between states but all it does here is to diminish the voices of some Americans based on where they live.

Nobody will ever change it but it is entirely undemocratic. And the further down the hole you go with it, the worse it looks.

Advertisement