Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

are the small percentages of votes left to be counted in wisconsin and michigan mail in or election day or what? anything in the mix to give trump a hope of a win?

won't be sad to see him leave office, but truely enjoyed the dems being made sweat scared ****less for the entire day

It doesn't appear that trump will be able to make up the gap given what they feel are the ballots left to be counted in terms of their type and where they are from in the State.

What has been amusing is how many came along giving it the billy big bollocks over a few hours there last night and shrunk away again this morning. Not even the courage of their convictions. :pac:

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭jasonb

Biden now 84000 behind in Georgia, not sure how many ballots are left but I'm guessing he's going to have to win a lot of them to catch Trump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

embraer170 wrote: »
    Anyone think we will have some more clarity in the next 5 hours?

I am hoping to get to bed a bit earlier tonight.

I think we will get a fair bit more clarity this evening, but Nevada could potentially be the whole ballgame and they are not re-starting their count until tomorrow! Depends if Biden can close the gap in PA, or surprise us in NC or GA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭paul71

jasonb wrote: »
    Biden now 84000 behind in Georgia, not sure how many ballots are left but I'm guessing he's going to have to win a lot of them to catch Trump?

357,179 to be counted by my calculation, mostly in urban areas breaking 60:40 in favour of Biden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭vafankillar

Shelga wrote: »
    239k coronavirus deaths and counting, yeah it's an absolute hoot.

the overreaction as if Trump has caused some near genocidal number of deaths with corona virus is such rubbish. Belguim and spain have more deaths per capita along with a few others. also biden doesn't even support healthcare for all during a pandemic.

There probably still would have been around 150k-180k deaths from the corona virus regardless of who was in charge, especially since some of the worst hit places where democratic cities with huge poverty rates and low-heath insurance rates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

FFS.

Collins was bigger than 2/1 the other week to win this state.

If true, looks like a gift from the Gods. :mad:

https://twitter.com/JamesArkin/status/1324051536620720132

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,558 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Still over a million votes to be countered in Pennsylvania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Just checked that AP site and they have Trump ahead now in Michigan. Have been switched off for a while with work. What's going on there, thought they reckoned it was done there?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

the overreaction as if Trump has caused some near genocidal number of deaths with corona virus is such rubbish. Belguim and spain have more deaths per capita along with a few others. also biden doesn't even support healthcare for all during a pandemic.

There probably still would have been around 150k-180k deaths from the corona virus regardless of who was in charge, especially since some of the worst hit places where democratic cities with huge poverty rates and low-heath insurance rates

I agree with what you say but it was the manner of his handling.

He lied, promoted sham drugs, lied again and then said God wanted him to catch it.

Maybe as you say its 70k more, but it's been such bad leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

SNIP. No betting please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,374 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

So you’re arguing that anyone else in charge would have had 150k-180k deaths but Trump has 230k. I’m not sure this is the great point you think it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Why has Trump's odds shortened in that last hour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭briany

If Biden wins you'll not see a republican president for the next 16 years.

Care to elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,279 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The odds have ebbed and flowed the past 18 hours, it's just in game betting. Pay no heed, if your money is on Trump and you can cash out, take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,821 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just checked that AP site and they have Trump ahead now in Michigan. Have been switched off for a while with work. What's going on there, thought they reckoned it was done there?

Where are you seeing that? AP still has him up by over 40,000 votes on the google results..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Where are you seeing that? AP still has him up by over 40,000 votes on the google results..

Could you send a link to this? I was following this tracker last night and can't find it in my history. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

AP still has Biden ahead by 50kish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'm seeing the same as you. Biden over 45,000 ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Sorry just refreshed it there and it updated to about a 45k lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Yeah I'm seeing what you're seeing too. I think that poster has it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭vafankillar

salmocab wrote: »
    So you’re arguing that anyone else in charge would have had 150k-180k deaths but Trump has 230k. I’m not sure this is the great point you think it was.

it's not meant to be a great point, the supposed great point and almost main strategy was biden's blaming of the corona virus deaths purely on trump as if barely any deaths would have happened otherwise. The votes have shown simply "saying i'm not trump" was a **** tactic. He may get over the line, but their fairytale of a landslide was just that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

nc6000 wrote: »
    What was Jill Stein hoping to gain from a recount?
    Chaos she's a professional troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

CNN projects Wisconsin for Biden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

it's not meant to be a great point, the supposed great point and almost main strategy was biden's blaming of the corona virus deaths purely on trump as if barely any would have happened otherwise. The votes have shown simply "saying i'm not trump" was a **** tactic. He may get over the line, but their fairytale of a landslide was just that

Ok, why does that bring you such joy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

CNN projects Wisconsin for Biden.

They're a bit late to the party. He lost that ages ago by about 20k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,558 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

From the Guardian

Trump campaign files lawsuit to 'halt counting' in Michigan
    Donald Trump’s reelection campaign said it had filed a lawsuit to halt the counting of ballots in the swing state of Michigan.

“President Trump’s campaign has not been provided with meaningful access to numerous counting locations to observe the opening of ballots and the counting process, as guaranteed by Michigan law. We have filed suit today in the Michigan Court of Claims to halt counting until meaningful access has been granted,” campaign manager Bill Stepien said in a statement.

“We also demand to review those ballots which were opened and counted while we did not have meaningful access. President Trump is committed to ensuring that all legal votes are counted in Michigan and everywhere else.”

Joe Biden has narrowly pulled ahead in Michigan, giving him the advantage in the key swing state, but many ballots still need to be counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Collins re-election has been called. Sigh.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,821 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Could you send a link to this? I was following this tracker last night and can't find it in my history. Thanks!

It pops up if you just google “ us presidential election 2020” :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

shocksy wrote: »
    They're a bit late to the party. He lost that ages ago by about 20k.
    Weirdly no one was calling it. Given how early Arizona was called you would think a 29k lead with 600 votes left would be considered relatively safe but they waited for whatever reason.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well the gesture was my point. It was a genuinely nice moment and seemed genuine whether the action was meaningless.,I know he did but I think that might have been a seasoned veteran senator pulling a kruskev on Kennedy in the 1960s. McConnell will know he can’t ****ehawk Biden like he did Obama should he become president.

What makes you say that? Biden has been going on about healing and inclusion more than anyone and there's been suggestions he'll have a Republican in his cabinet. Biden isn't about confrontation unfortunately and there's 2 years of nothing getting done coming up whoever wins.

Advertisement