Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭vafankillar

Shelga wrote: »
    Ok, why does that bring you such joy?

because I dislike politicians who draft laws putting hundreds of thousands of people in prison for low level crime and bomb countries in the middle east, along with people who support and enable them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    It pops up if you just google “ us presidential election 2020” :)

Thank you kindly! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Headshot wrote: »
    From the Guardian

Trump campaign files lawsuit to 'halt counting' in Michigan
    Donald Trump’s reelection campaign said it had filed a lawsuit to halt the counting of ballots in the swing state of Michigan.

“President Trump’s campaign has not been provided with meaningful access to numerous counting locations to observe the opening of ballots and the counting process, as guaranteed by Michigan law. We have filed suit today in the Michigan Court of Claims to halt counting until meaningful access has been granted,” campaign manager Bill Stepien said in a statement.

“We also demand to review those ballots which were opened and counted while we did not have meaningful access. President Trump is committed to ensuring that all legal votes are counted in Michigan and everywhere else.”

Joe Biden has narrowly pulled ahead in Michigan, giving him the advantage in the key swing state, but many ballots still need to be counted.

Tooth and nail sure, the rest of his life depends on it. He will pull every stroke available now to try steal it, wouldn't be surprised at all to see a lot come out in the months that follow this election about how he and probably De Santis ****ed with the postal vote in Florida given what we have already seen and it surely won't be just Florida.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭briany

it's not meant to be a great point, the supposed great point and almost main strategy was biden's blaming of the corona virus deaths purely on trump as if barely any would have happened otherwise. The votes have shown simply "saying i'm not trump" was a **** tactic. He may get over the line, but their fairytale of a landslide was just that

The idea that Trump has so far increased his voter total from 2016 by some 3 million votes should certainly give his opponents pause for thought and confirm that Trumpism is no blip.

However, if Biden does indeed win this thing by a mere handful of electoral votes, he would be every bit as much a legitimate president as if he'd won by a hundred votes of more. I think it's safe to assume that if Trump only won it narrowly, the only recognition he'd give of that would be to say it was because of electoral fraud and he'd really won by more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,374 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

because I dislike politicians who draft laws putting hundreds of thousands of people in prison for low level crime and bomb countries in the middle east, along with people who support and enable them.

But are apparently happy with one that you yourself has said caused the deaths of 50 - 60k of his own citizens through mishandling something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Graham wrote: »
    Most recent:

Biden closing the gap

Trump 2,387,671
    Biden 2,300,063

State Secretary of Georgia announced around 200,000 outstanding mostly from the larger population centres

Moved on a little further

Trump 2,388,026 (+355)
    Biden 2,306,532 (+6469)

Huge ratio there toward Biden.

95% complete , so about 250k left to count if I'm working this out right.

A roughly 2/3rds Ratio for Biden would win it and he's been doing better than that in the last few updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

shocksy wrote: »
    They're a bit late to the party. He lost that ages ago by about 20k.
    Blatant lie he's 21000 ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Is there anything to stop Trump running again in 2024 provided he does not win this?
    He would still have his base and provided he isn't in jail would have 4 years to shout from the sidelines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,558 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tooth and nail sure, the rest of his life depends on it. He will pull every stroke available now to try steal it, wouldn't be surprised at all to see a lot come out in the months that follow this election about how he and probably De Santis ****ed with the postal vote in Florida given what we have already seen and it surely won't be just Florida.

Yup

Trump is backed into a corner, this is the difference between him going to jail or his debt collectors knocking on his door

He's going to try everything and see what sticks to the wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭vafankillar

salmocab wrote: »
    But are apparently happy with one that you yourself has said caused the deaths of 50 - 60k of his own citizens through mishandling something.

I do not support either candidate buddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭embraer170

We will be waiting for Arizona until tomorrow morning Irish time.
    The Arizona Republic surveyed county recorders and estimates that 600,000 ballots remain to be counted in Arizona. A full 450,000 of those ballots are in Maricopa County (Phoenix) and break down as follows: 248,000 early ballots (which in Arizona includes both mail-in and in-person votes) that arrived on Monday or Tuesday, 160,000-180,000 mail-in ballots dropped off on Election Day and 29,000 provisional ballots. Maricopa expects to release two batches of results tonight: one at 9 p.m. Eastern and one sometime after 12:30 a.m. Eastern.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2020-election-results-coverage/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

dinorebel wrote: »
    Blatant lie he's 21000 ahead.

He's not ahead. It's already been called for Biden. Go check your facts. You're the blatant liar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Akabusi wrote: »
    Is there anything to stop Trump running again in 2024 provided he does not win this?
    He would still have his base and provided he isn't in jail would have 4 years to shout from the sidelines.

I guess that depends on whether the Republican party wants to change from the course they are on at the moment or not. I'd tend to think not, so maybe he could run again in 2024, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

He's not ahead. It's already been called for Biden. Go check your facts. You're the blatant liar.

Someone in this conversation made a typo I think. Both of you are saying the same thing I think that Biden won WI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ABC has removed Arizona from Biden and consider it undecided. Here's Nate Silver on the state:
    Here's what's left to count in AZ. At first glance this would seem quite bad for Trump since it's largely mail ballots *but* mail ballots that arrived late in the process are considerably more R by party registration than the ones that arrived earlier.

Trump needs to win the remaining AZ votes by something like 20-25% depending on how many ballots there are. By party registration, late-arriving mail votes were something like +19% R, per my (quick) calculations.

With that said, there are some reasons to think the late-arriving ballots would be less R than you'd gather from party ID. For one thing, the early arriving mail ballots went more heavily for Biden than party ID would suggest, perhaps reflecting his edge amount independents.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Someone in this conversation made a typo I think. Both of you are saying the same thing I think that Biden won WI.

Yeah Biden won it. That state is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Movementarian

embraer170 wrote: »
    We will be waiting for Arizone until tomorrow morning Irish time.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2020-election-results-coverage/

I think this is why republicans are still clinging on to potentially winning AZ...this might not be done yet....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

You already said he lost it!

I think this is why republicans are still clinging on to potentially winning AZ...this might not be done yet....

They have literally no chance of winning AZ. The remaining votes to be counted will favour Biden.

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    You already said he lost it!

No I didn't. Go recheck your facts.

I quoted a member saying CNN had called Biden the winner. I said they're late to the party cause it was called hours ago.

• Advertisement

They're a bit late to the party. He lost that ages ago by about 20k.

Here you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Biden fans clutching to the idea that he might still win this.

Cmon people it’s over. Trump has done it again and you know it.

Some peaches of posts on this thread here in the wee hours last night. Still in the balance but wonderful to see Joe Biden in the driving seat and we know now that Trump was covering his ass with his bombastic speech that included legal threats.

Here you go.

Yes Trump. Ffs if you cant keep up leave the thread. It was clear who I was on about as another poster quoted me saying that's true. Just cause you cant keep up that's not my problem PAL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Yeah Biden won it. That state is finished.
    Wasn't calling you a liar it read as Trump had won.

Yes Trump. Ffs if you cant keep up leave the thread. It was clear who I was on about as another poster quoted me saying that's true. Just cause you cant keep up that's not my problem PAL.

You're as big a child as Trump. Just admit you made a mistake and move on.
    Another poster even referred to your "typo"...

You're as big a child as Trump. Just admit you made a mistake and move on.
    Another poster even referred to your "typo"...

No not my typo, the other posters typo. You move on man child. Get a grip of yourself. You're obviously greeting over the results PAL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Dude relax. You quoted a post that named only one candidate and then referred to "he".

Think everyone made the same jump that you were referencing Biden. Just crossed wires, no need to be so aggro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Must be first time ever that a Mayo team snatch victory from the jaws of defeat

Indeed. Mayo are preparing to celebrate a Biden win. There will be be bonfires on summits of Croagh Patrick and Neiphin.
    Slot for Air F0rce One booked at Knock International............
    [

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can't hack anymore polls or predictions. Whoever wins it wins it, and hopefully (though unlikely) it'll be done by tomorrow.

Advertisement