Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

paul71 wrote: »
    Pennslyania must recent batch of votes (103,366) fell 78% Biden 22% Trump, About 900k to 1 million left and if they fall in same proportion Biden wins by 130,000. If Georgia goes the way I urban and the last update of rural votes has gone that is 320k-35k win for Biden too, Trump is getting North Carolina.

It could end up an inverse of 2016 in terms of EC count.

Trump on 214 , with NC and AK in his column , taking him to 232 , Clintons 2016 Total

Biden on 248 with MI,PA,NV and GA in his column taking him to a potential 306..

Interesting indeed..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

One things for sure; if it wasn't already obvious across the American cultural landscape, the electoral map sbows the Urban-Rural divide is alive, well and as entrenched as ever. With all the liberal-conservative gulf that implies. Obviously a winner takes all election hides the subtleties within demographics, counties and so on, but on a national levels things seems as partisan as ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

What States could we find out about by 2am?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

MattS1 wrote: »
    What States could we find out about by 2am?

NV, PA and GA potentially, networks might not call them, but it should be pretty obvious to us watching. PA is probably the biggest prize for Biden as he slowly overturns Trump's in-person vote lead!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭eire4

Infini wrote: »
    Michican is pretry certain at this point for Biden but Pennsylvania is the key, if Biden can manage to flip it in his favour this contest is done without a doubt as thats one of the big catches.

I would agree. It looks like it pretty much all comes down to Pennsylvania at this point and by the sounds of things it may even be tomorrow before we know the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

eire4 wrote: »
    I would agree. It looks like it pretty much all comes down to Pennsylvania at this point and by the sounds of things it may even be tomorrow before we know the outcome.

Biden has routes to take to win that do not include PA.

Overall I think it has turned out pretty well that Trump is trailing in a few states and hoping for late counts to turn things around. If it was just Biden chasing then I feel there would be more attempts to stop all voting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,560 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

A win for Biden in Nevada, Michigan and he's President.

I have a bad feeling that this could still turn but it's looking a lot better compared to yesterday.

Still looking to learn more about a lawsuit to “halt counting” in Michigan. Anyone else learn more about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,196 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So Joe Bidden is now the most popular candidate in US history as he has won more votes than any candidate in US history so it's only right that he should become the 46th President of the USA.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Ironically the Democrats were the "party of slavery".

When the Civil War was lost, Southern Democrats founded the Ku Klux Klan to lynch Republicans and freed black people.
    FatherTed wrote: »
    Ironic indeed that the repubs are now the party of slavery.... Lincoln must be rolling in his grave.

The Republican party and the Democratic Party have switched sides and values so many time in there history you would need a mile long chart to show it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Infini wrote: »
    Michican is pretry certain at this point for Biden but Pennsylvania is the key, if Biden can manage to flip it in his favour this contest is done without a doubt as thats one of the big catches.

A crowd of Trump "observers" are now demonstrating inside the count centre in Detroit, MI and Giuliani heading to PA alleging massive cheating...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Headshot wrote: »

I have a bad feeling that this could still turn but it's looking a lot better compared to yesterday.

Still looking to learn more about a lawsuit to “halt counting” in Michigan. Anyone else learn more about this?

Several election "Monitors" were removed due to intimidating behaviour inside the count Hall.

Now they are not letting anymore in (dunno how manynif any are in there) and there is a crowd outside demand to be allowed inside, the police are stopping them.

Trump now calling for counting to cease until election "monitors" are allowed back inside the hall.

Live on sky now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭vafankillar

AMKC wrote: »
    So Joe Bidden is now the most popular candidate in US history as he has won more votes than any candidate in US history so it's only right that he should become the 46th President of the USA.

it's right that he should become the 46th president of the usa cos that's how elections should work, but he's probably the least 'popular' in terms of people primarily voting against the other candidate and only for him by method

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,923 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

For whatever reason Nevada results will not come in until around noon Eastern time tomorrow which is 5:00 p.m. our time??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

FatherTed wrote: »
    Ironic indeed that the repubs are now the party of slavery.... Lincoln must be rolling in his grave.

Lincoln may have been against slavery it does not mean he thought them the same as the "white man" in fact a plan he had thought of using was the Back to Africa movement where all blacks would be rounded up and transported to Africa as the 2 would not be able to live together

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back-to-Africa_movement

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Several election "Monitors" were removed due to intimidating behaviour inside the count Hall.

Now they are not letting anymore in (dunno how manynif any are in there) and there is a crowd outside demand to be allowed inside, the police are stopping them.

Trump now calling for counting to cease until election "monitors" are allowed back inside the hall.

Live on sky now.

Just waiting for the armed "monitors" to show up now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

eire4 wrote: »

Biden doesn't need PA. Which is good, because he won't win it IMO

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Headshot wrote: »

The crux of their argument seems to be that their "tallymen" or whatever they are called there didn't have access to all of the ballots in all of the locations that they wanted meaning that they didn't get the chance to challenge potentially flawed votes.

Not sure of the validity of the argument , sounds a bit weak to me but that's the angle thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

And Trump the 2nd most popular?

Its the highest turn out in history, so of course the winner will break records

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

everlast75 wrote: »
    For whatever reason Nevada results will not come in until around noon Eastern time tomorrow which is 5:00 p.m. our time??

Weird alright, though I wonder if it’s a strong statement from them since it’s a tight one at an important time with a lot of pressure on it - basically “don’t push us for a result - we’ll be done when we’re done”.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    And Trump the 2nd most popular?

Its the highest turn out in history, so of course the winner will break records

Trump 3rd right now I think.

Biden has just surpassed Obamas total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Inquitus wrote: »
    NV, PA and GA potentially, networks might not call them, but it should be pretty obvious to us watching. PA is probably the biggest prize for Biden as he slowly overturns Trump's in-person vote lead!

Can't see them getting PA done or close to it even in the next 6 hours tbh
    Or Nevada actually given they said they won't be giving any updates before 9am local time tomorrow

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is boards.ie very slow loading for anybody else ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Brian? wrote: »
    Biden doesn't need PA. Which is good, because he won't win it IMO

I'd agree that given the margin of the lead its an uphill task for him but you gotta give him his due, he is hitting the vote share he needs to so that he could eek it out.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

If Biden squeaks in with just 270 electoral votes I can't see Trump ever conceding in any circumstance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I just threw on OAN for the craic, they are accepting a Trump loss and talking about him running again in 2024 with Nigel Farage. Bizarro world.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Surely Michigan will be called for Biden soon?

99% of votes in and he leads by almost 38 thousand votes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some encouragement for Biden in Georgia:

https://twitter.com/conorsen/status/1324082483755995138

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Doesn't matter a fig, thats not the system. Ask Trump 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is boards.ie very slow loading for anybody else ?

Yes, slow all afternoon, thought it was my laptop.

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    I just threw on OAN for the craic, they are accepting a Trump loss and talking about him running again in 2024 with Nigel Farage. Bizarro world.

Farage , the barrow-boy from Orpington in Kent??

How's that supposed to work?

Advertisement