Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Michigan now called for Biden by CNN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

CNN declare Michigan blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

What a big mess this whole thing is. MSM, Big tech and $35 billion of George Soros have a lot to answer for by making a sham of the whole process. From deplatforming conservative voices, MSM's wall to wall negative coverage and big "dark" money flooding into Democrats pockets. This election will be decided in the Supreme Court. Way too many rules were changed by the state courts during the election cycle that will ultimately get overturned by the SCOTUS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Biden just knocked it out of the park
    Congrats President

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Flip Arizona, hold Nevada and thats that. Get PA for the exclamation mark

trump will now need to run the table

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Ted Cruz would have eaten Biden for Breakfast and he will be the next Republican President post-Trump, I feel certain that Trump will still emerge from this as President by some type of Court victory, he will follow it to the Supreme Court and win I feel. In 2024 will it be Don Jr. or Ivanka but I think Cruz is the man, I liked the Donald and picked him as my winner back in 2015 and I'm staying with him, lets be honest Biden is absolutely hopeless and shows how inept the Dems are themselves that he was their guy. Joe Kennedy III would have been my pick but he has regressed in his political career, AOC will probably run in 2024 unless the Dems give the nod to Kamala Harris should Biden miraculously win this still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

My God, how good it listening to a real man speak on behalf of the United States..

OS_Head wrote: »
    What a big mess this whole thing is. MSM, Big tech and $35 billion of George Soros have a lot to answer for by making a sham of the whole process. From deplatforming conservative voices, MSM's wall to wall negative coverage and big "dark" money flooding into Democrats pockets. This election will be decided in the Supreme Court. Way too many rules were changed by the state courts during the election cycle that will ultimately get overturned by the SCOTUS.

Whatever you need to help you sleep my man.

The ultimate populist trying to steal an election and stifle the will of the people through a court he has packed is just the height of irony, and the lemmings will still follow.

I do hope there are legal challenges, that should open the door for Biden to have those ballots counted that were missing in Florida and maybe even pad the win a little more. The SC having to rule against its own rulings isn't really going to happy though so unfortunately most of those "too many rule changes" that were implemented on Republican legal challenges for example won't really help trump steal the election, his judges in place or not.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I’m 100% serious here — you should seek mental health assistance. This is not a healthy place for any human mind to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,624 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump banked on having the war in PA, after the election. Turns out Biden may not need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,764 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

CNN calling Michigan for Biden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That was a good speech by joe Biden. He sounded like he had put time into what he said and not just a word salad. I see Michigan has gone to Biden. So if he gets Nevada and Arizona that’s it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Saganist wrote: »
    My God, how good it listening to a real man speak on behalf of the United States..

“To make progress we have to stop treating opponents as enemies, we are not enemies”

Could you imagine Trump ever saying something like that?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It might not have been the landslide that was forecast but Biden said he’d get the blue wall back and it looks like he will do just that.

That’s an excellent performance, especially when it wasn’t looking so promising earlier on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

moon2 wrote:
    He is winning... perhaps you're wrong?

Biden is winning the battle but will lose the war, Trump cannot lose and will not lose, Voter fraud is everywhere including here in Ireland, Trump will win this in the Supreme Court and anyone who thinks he won't will get a nasty shock when the gavel drops 6-3 and Trump has 4 more years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,560 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Guys any link for CNN stream?

Water John wrote: »
    Trump banked on having the war in PA, after the election. Turns out Biden may not need it.

Which may make trump wanting the Supreme Court to look at PA pointless and that may decide whether they take a look at it, because if it’s not a critical state like Florida in 2000 then it’s not urgent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Really what are you on about?
    You sound like a Trump sore loser.

Blame everyone for conspiring against you and deflect from real issues.

Also, can't see this going to Supreme court. There's no grounds for court cases or evidence of any wrong doing.

Conservatives and Trump supporters should just accept defeat, self reflect and show some grace and respect for the office and also for voters.

I doubt that will happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Headshot wrote: »

https://edition.cnn.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

theguzman wrote: »
    Biden is winning the battle but will lose the war, Trump cannot lose and will not lose, Voter fraud is everywhere including here in Ireland, Trump will win this in the Supreme Court and anyone who thinks he won't will get a nasty shock when the gavel drops 6-3 and Trump has 4 more years.

What’s he going to the Supreme Court for, exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Seriously? C'mon Man!!!

Headshot wrote: »

CNN app is playing the tv coverage. Or go to cnn.com and there should be “watch CNN’s live” in the middle of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

CNN calling Michigan for Biden. Getting closer to victory now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Have you got tangeble proof of this? Anything absolutely substantial? No? That's the problem that people of your view have, you deny reality, deny your in the wrong, refuse to think critically and throw tantrums when you lose blaming phantom enemies and corruption where none exists because you simply cannot or will not accept the hard truth that your in the wrong and that your view's are not shared by the majority.

Biden is likely looking to have won this and won this fairly and is showing this by being statesman like without declaring outright victory before it's confirmed.

Trump is looking to have been judged and found wanting by the electorate and in typical fashion is throwing tantrums and doing the same thing your doing: Denying the hard truth and reality that he is the loser.

MJohnston wrote: »
    What’s he going to the Supreme Court for, exactly?

What he is going to argue in PA is that the ballots were sent out with pre stamped envelopes and that they do not get date stamped upon return so there is no way to know when they were posted.

I have no idea if that's even correct or not, that's his claim as per Santorum.

He does seem to have a problem because they did not challenge these ballots before the deadline for challenging them which passed on friday I believe.

Look trump is going to be like a wounded, cornered animal for the next while lashing out wildly and throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks - he has nothing to lose and he has no ethics, no morals and no concern for anyone other than himself so it is just how its gonna go.

I can't see his Supreme Court even backing him up in his challenges, he is just flailing about making accusations and it shows him up for the weak little man that he is.

Contrast that to how statesman like and calm Biden was a few minutes ago even.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The GOP might have packed the supreme court but there is no way in hell they will pass any legislation that will disenfranchise voters. Anything that trump has put before them that contradicts the fundamentals of democracy in america they have thrown out. They might have conservative views but they don't want to rip up the basic principles of the american legal and political system. It will be laughed out of the court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Voter fraud is everywhere including here in Ireland,

Examples? Or do you just regurgitate what you read from questionable sources with no mind of your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭moon2

From a CNN report:
    Meanwhile, the Trump campaign was desperately fundraising the day after the election for resources to wage legal battles against election results. The campaign sent out six emails to supporters since midnight asking for money. Each of the solicitations has included the false claim that Democrats are trying to "steal" the election.

There is no evidence of nefarious activity surrounding the election count.

I wonder how much his supporters will actually chip in. If i received *six* emails in such a short space of time i'd be hitting the "Spam" button pretty hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The thing is this, for Europe it doesn't ultimately matter who the US president is.
    The US could go back to a US president in 2024 who sees the EU as a foe.
    Europe is going to move to more self dependence even with a Biden win as a safeguard for the future.

Very happy to have a Biden win in the context of Brexit, but Biden needs to do what Trump did - start no new foreign wars.

Advertisement