Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What he is going to argue in PA is that the ballots were sent out with pre stamped envelopes and that they do not get date stamped upon return so there is no way to know when they were posted.

I have no idea if that's even correct or not, that's his claim as per Santorum.

He does seem to have a problem because they did not challenge these ballots before the deadline for challenging them which passed on friday I believe.

Look trump is going to be like a wounded, cornered animal for the next while lashing out wildly and throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks - he has nothing to lose and he has no ethics, no morals and no concern for anyone other than himself so it is just how its gonna go.

I can't see his Supreme Court even backing him up in his challenges, he is just flailing about making accusations and it shows him up for the weak little man that he is.

Contrast that to how statesman like and calm Biden was a few minutes ago even.

He won't have a legal leg to stand on.

You can't just go to the supreme court. He has to follow procedures and have evidence of some type.

Also, it looks like Biden won't need PA anyway.

Trump is toast and he will be made to swallow a lot of humble pie.

Problem is he's not used to losing or not getting his way. Word is that it's he himself who's driving the legal push with his team and they won't go against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What he is going to argue in PA is that the ballots were sent out with pre stamped envelopes and that they do not get date stamped upon return so there is no way to know when they were posted.

I have no idea if that's even correct or not, that's his claim as per Santorum.

He does seem to have a problem because they did not challenge these ballots before the deadline for challenging them which passed on friday I believe.

Look trump is going to be like a wounded, cornered animal for the next while lashing out wildly and throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks - he has nothing to lose and he has no ethics, no morals and no concern for anyone other than himself so it is just how its gonna go.

I can't see his Supreme Court even backing him up in his challenges, he is just flailing about making accusations and it shows him up for the weak little man that he is.

Contrast that to how statesman like and calm Biden was a few minutes ago even.

Correct and if there were legitimate issues it was set out clearly and he didn’t. And given that these rules come from the Pennsylvania state legislature, I find it hard for the SC to want to be seen interfering in a states rules and elections. I say that because of how they ruled just before election in regards to state courts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,923 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

moon2 wrote: »
    From a CNN report:

I wonder how much his supporters will actually chip in. If i received *six* emails in such a short space of time i'd be hitting the "Spam" button pretty hard.

I cannot get over the difference between US elections and ours.

If FF or FG wrote to a constituent asking for money, the only thing contained in the stamped self addressed envelope would be a handwritten note telling them to **** right off!

Biden rapidly closing the gap in Pennsylvania. From ~600k this morning to ~320k now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

I'm wrecked from only 4 hours sleep last night but I'm enjoying this to much to go to bed. I'll try and stick it for another hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Trump's lead in Georgia now down to 76K

Politico called Michigan for Biden and have him at 264.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

moon2 wrote: »
    From a CNN report:

I wonder how much his supporters will actually chip in. If i received *six* emails in such a short space of time i'd be hitting the "Spam" button pretty hard.

My email address is similar to some redneck in the states (I get other emails with receipts about guns, ammo and pick ups!) and for the last year I’ve gotten put 15 of these types of emails daily.

Spam doesn’t work!

Friend,

This has been a hard-fought election. Despite the Democrats raising a historic amount of money to defeat us, and the liberal mainstream media doing everything they could to undermine us, we had some HUGE wins last night. This was only possible because of YOU. Your support is what carried us to victories all across the country.

It’s because of patriots like YOU, Friend, that we successfully defended our Senate Majority.

THANK YOU!

While Americans have finished casting their votes, the tabulating of final counts, recounts, and runoff elections are still to come. We hate to ask after all the work that has been done to protect our Senate Majority, but we need additional resources to help fully fund these critical efforts. Will you chip in now? Your gift of just $5, $15 or $20 makes a difference in this fight!

It shouldn’t come as a shock that the Democrats and their liberal media allies are doing everything they can sow chaos and undermine this election. The reality is, WE WON. America rejected the Democrats’ most radical platform in our country’s history. They have instead shown their support for a conservative Senate Majority.

NOW, the Democrats are pushing recounts and refusing to accept the will of the American people. This must end.

Will you help us one more time to ensure we have the resources to fight against the dirty tricks that the Democrats are planning?

Your support could mean the difference between our victory and the Democrats taking a win away from us.

Thank you,

Senate Republicans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Eric Trump and Giuliani live on Fox lashing out a truckload of unfounded allegations of fraud...

Pathetic...

Akabusi wrote: »
    I'm wrecked from only 4 hours sleep last night but I'm enjoying this to much to go to bed. I'll try and stick it for another hour.

I had nearly five and I’m feeling it myself. But it’s the business end of the count now. I’ll be up till midnight and then call it a day.

• Advertisement

Akabusi wrote: »

I had nearly five and I’m feeling it myself. But it’s the business end of the count now. I’ll be up till midnight and then call it a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1324104359119069184

Pennsylvania puts it all to bed. Hope Biden can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Guilliani has gone on a rant about the elite, the deplorables, the system, meaningless paper ballets and all that nonsense, somehow forgetting they were the system for the last 4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭briany

Guiliani giving it welly, here. This is going to get ugly, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

ABC News, Fox News and NBC all calling Michigan for Biden.

Madness, he's said they've won the election but the deplorables are corrupting it.
    Former AG lying as to what happened, naming officials saying they have videos of police barricades stopping their poll watchers.
    Absolute madness, Pens. officially declared Trump country by these morons, but conveniently not taking questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Wow the republican and trump seem like bad loosers if they don't win.It sad when there doing this just because there loosing in the state trump not winning.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Guilliani has gone on a rant about the elite, the deplorables, the system, meaningless paper ballets and all that nonsense, somehow forgetting they were the system for the last 4 years.

Well voters cast a lot of “meaningless paper ballots” for his client so he might want to re phrase that. The system that he used to get elected mayor of New York ?

Oh he hasn’t forgotten, he’s just hoping the trump base will swallow this ****e.

Guilliani actually asked a stooge how many ballots went through the process of them being prevented observing and he actually gave a number that Guilliani said they want excluded. Not much of a job in observers being prevented observing if to they could give an exact number was it.
    Mail in ballots apparently a process never seen before either.
    Coke fuelled rants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,624 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The 'observers' protesting at the door in PA aren't allowed in because there is plenty of them inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭This is it

Have been out the last few hours, anyone fancy a quick synopsis of how the remaining states are and what's expected from them?

Wow. If I were a petty man, I'd yuck it up at the GOP tears.

Good thing I'm not, eh?

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1324098069445660674?s=09

I haven't assumed Biden will win. Why are Trumpets assuming so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

PA being touted as +1 Biden assuming trends stay steady and the count continues.

AZ a bit shaky, but it looks as if there's enough of a mix of urban and early votes to keep the dems on top.

NZ still likely to stay blue.

GA a tossup. 50/50. its gonna be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

This is it wrote: »
    Have been out the last few hours, anyone fancy a quick synopsis of how the remaining states are and what's expected from them?

CNN have called Wisconsin and Michigan for Joe Biden putting him at 253.

Arizona (11) and Nevada (6), both of which he is leading, would put him at 270.

I'm not sure if any further states will be called today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Pennsylvania 20 elwctoral votes i think is looking good for biden. But he doesnt need it if he gets nevada and arizona which he seems likely to. Georgia and north carolina in play too but will probably be trump. Basically, biden will probably be president.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

everlast75 wrote: »
    Wow. If I were a petty man, I'd yuck it up at the GOP tears.

Good thing I'm not, eh?

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1324098069445660674?s=09

I haven't assumed Biden will win. Why are Trumpets assuming so?

The t-shirt :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Okay

In PA Biden 319k behind with about 1.1m to be counted. He needs to win about 64% of the remaining vote, but he is currently winning about 74.9 percent of the votes announced today. It is trickling in consistently.

In GA Biden is about 78k behind with about 400k in play. He needs to win 60% of the remaining votes and today has won about 73% of the votes. There will be big announcements at 2am Irish time.

In NV Biden is ahead and the outstanding votes are mostly from the areas around Reno and Las Vegas. He is expected to win more of what is left than Trump, but nothing will be announced till tomorrow afternoon Irish time.

In AZ Biden is quite far ahead but the Republican party there did try and mobilise postal votes. So even though the oustanding votes are mostly postal ballots the Republicans think they may be able to catch up. However it seems unlikely.

Michigan and Wisconsin are gone to Biden. North Carolina and Alaska will go to Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭This is it

CNN have called Wisconsin and Michigan for Joe Biden putting him at 253.

Arizona (11) and Nevada (6), both of which he is leading, would put him at 270.

I'm not sure if any further states will be called today.

I see only 8k in the difference in Nevada but it's expected to be an easy enough blue if I remember right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,560 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see Trump voters outside TFC Center in Detroit demanding to be allowed into as poll watchers

I honestly don't think there's any hope for this people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Headshot wrote: »
    I see Trump voters outside TFC Center in Detroit demanding to be allowed into as poll watchers

I honestly don't think there's any hope for this people

Shows how quick conspiracy BS spreads on the Internet

Advertisement