Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Nevada which was due to finish counting tomorrow now says they may get it done tonight. Biden could win the presidency today american time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,560 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

everlast75 wrote: »
    Wow. If I were a petty man, I'd yuck it up at the GOP tears.

Good thing I'm not, eh?

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1324098069445660674?s=09

I haven't assumed Biden will win. Why are Trumpets assuming so?

I think we found a new contender for meme of the year 2020, people will have so much fun with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Well the inevitable is happening in some count centres The irony here is that Biden is ahead in the count ffs.
    https://twitter.com/LATSeema/status/1324100222214164482?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Patser

Trump has just claimed Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina and MICHIGAN! He's effectively still claiming victory. All on twitter

The meltdown tantrum is epic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

This is it wrote: »
    I see only 8k in the difference in Nevada but it's expected to be an easy enough blue if I remember right?

Its at 8k with 86% of voted returned, very tight.

Arizona on the other hand doesnt look in any doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,924 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The t-shirt :pac:

Not even wearing the mask properly ffs

Patser wrote: »
    Trump has just claimed Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina and MICHIGAN! He's effectively still claiming victory. All on twitter

The worry is what people will listen

It's like a declaration of a new state within America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Headshot wrote: »
    I see Trump voters outside TFC Center in Detroit demanding to be allowed into as poll watchers

I honestly don't think there's any hope for this people

For a large portion of them there really isn't. TDS is a real thing alright, but it doesn't affect the people the trump supporters seem to think it does.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Water John wrote: »
    The 'observers' protesting at the door in PA aren't allowed in because there is plenty of them inside.

That’s why I find it kind of funny with Guiliani and no 4 in the trump will Eric giving out. This evening CNN were reporting from a voting centre and there were loads of people observing the count from both sides. And if the gop people saw something out of place you can bet they’d be saying something and not the former mayor of New York.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,924 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hurrache wrote: »
    Well the inevitable is happening in some count centres The irony here is that Biden is ahead in the count ffs.
    https://twitter.com/LATSeema/status/1324100222214164482?s=19

Roger Stone tactics all over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Kicking and Screaming it is seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Nevada are releasing more numbers today. Apparently they feel the weight of history... Not joking about that, they realised they could be the state that gets the new President over the line.

Its at 8k with 86% of voted returned, very tight.

Arizona on the other hand doesnt look in any doubt.

Not with where the 600,000 ballots outstanding according to the Arizona Secretary of State who didn’t dispute that number and also confirmed that nearly two thirds of that number are from the biggest county in the state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Trump can have PA.

It doesn’t matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Hurrache wrote:
    Guilliani has gone on a rant about the elite, the deplorables, the system, meaningless paper ballets and all that nonsense, somehow forgetting they were the system for the last 4 years.

The irony of jetting in on a private plane to rent about the elite seems lost on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

briany wrote: »
    Guiliani giving it welly, here. This is going to get ugly, isn't it?

If Rudey goes to Court with that pile of cow manure as his 'evidence', he'll be gelded by the Courts!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thepogues

What's the big deal with news channels declaring, "we're calling it for "x"? Surely all that matters is the final count tally regardless of who claims it for whoever?

What’s this we have claimed talk from trump about ? Claimed ? It’s a presidential election not a pet who went missing and is found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭This is it

You'd be worried for the election officials and counters in some of the centres. I presume there's proper security there? Crazy tweets from Trump

Fox are even putting Biden on 270 while CNN are holding off on the declaration, they're not entertaining any glimmers of hope for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭moon2

thepogues wrote: »
    What's the big deal with news channels declaring, "we're calling it for "x"? Surely all that matters is the final count tally regardless of who claims it for whoever?

Generally speaking they have enough people looking at the stats to accurately predict the final tally. It doesn't *mean* anytihng, but it gives the ordinary person a somewhat informed/accurate estimate of the final outcome.

It's kind of useful for states which have a trump lead yet are predicted to go biden based on info/patterns they've gathered, or vice versa. The average person couldn't make that leap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,624 ✭✭✭✭Water John

AZ will up date voting two times tonight 9 pm and 12 am ET.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,139 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump can have PA.

It doesn’t matter.

It would be funny if Trump focuses all his rage on PA only for it not to have mattered anyway. Something tells me he wouldn't pursue the SC case out of simple principle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,286 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump can have PA.

It doesn’t matter.

Looks like he'll win GA, NC, and PA. Only needs Nevada, and it's close there.

Gap has closed in PA, but he's still so far ahead.

Biden is seemingly going to take PA

And Nevada is staying blue
    The votes are in heavy dem areas

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You literally have no idea what’s going on.

The only one Trump can be confident about, right now, is North Carolina.

What happened in WI and MI is happening in PA and GA. whether there is enough votes in GA remains to be seen but there absolutely is in PA.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Biden is seemingly going to take PA

And Nevada is staying blue
    The votes are in heavy dem areas

Well there’s a lot of votes to be counted there but it’s moving in the right direction for Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,624 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Why is Trump chasing AZ if it's not in play?

Advertisement